Eric-Pris

How long does it take to fall in love?

189 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
My dad fell in love with mom at first sight. It was that quick. Nobody questioned their love - is it because there was no greencard involved?

I guess that would be a personal question. It depends on the person. I know it sounds vague or corny, but you just know. I communicated with my fiancee for about 7 years as friends. It was not a continual thing, we would contact each other every month or so and catch up with our lives. We finally met in person March of this year, after she left back to her country we kept in contact more serious this time. We realized that we were the person each other was looking for. There is no doubt in my mind. J.

K1 (K2) Application
06-19-2008 I-129F sent (Vermont SC)
06-28-2008 NOA1 / 11-11-2008 NOA2
02-03-2009 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!
02-17-2009 Visa received (for both)
04-27-2009 ARRIVED IN MIAMI
05-30-2009 MARRIED (L)

AOS
07-30-2009 I-485/I-765/I-131 (CIS office Miami)
08-27-2009 NOA1 date
09-03-2009 Biometrics (appt date 09-23-09)
09-18-2009 NOA2
10-21-2009 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED
10-31-2009 Green card Received (for my wife and daughter) :joy:

ROC
07-21-2011 I-751 sent to VSC
07-30-2011 NOA1 Date
08-08-2011 Biometrics (appt date 08-26-11)
09-06-2011 Biometrics re-take (appt date 09-28-11)
03-26-2012 RFE – additional evidence / 04-19-2012 Sent docs
07-27-2012 Interview letter (appt date 08-30-12)
08-30-2012 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED
09-13-2012 10 Year Green card received (for my wife and daughter) :joy:

N-400

07-02-2015 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX / 07-09-2015 check cashed
07-16-2015 NOA1
07-17-2015 Biometrics (appt date 07-30-15 / CIS office Oakland Park, FL)
08-03-2015 Case in line for interview

08-20-2015 Interview letter rcvd (appt date 09-22-15 / Hialeah, FL office)

09-22-2015 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED (Oath Ceremony date 09-26-15)

09-26-2015 OATH TAKEN. I GOT MY CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION :joy:

11-16-2015 Passport application

12-07-2015 US Passport received

12-09-2015 Got back CoN

N-600 for daughter

05-21-2016 Application sent (13 yo)

06-28-2016 Non-Delivery of Notice request sent since no receipt or letter with case # was received (reply rcvd on 07-13-2016)

07-25-2016 Checked status online: In Line for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

08-20-2016 Oath Ceremony letter received (now 14 yo) (date 08-27-2016)

08-27-2016 OATH TAKEN IN CEREMONY. DAUGHTER GOT CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP AND END OF THE JOURNEY :joy:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we chatted online, on the phone etc for about 8 months before we met in person... and by then my heart knew I loved him... but my brain wasn't so sure.. my brain wanted to make sure this guy was actually a real person... so when I first saw him the airport, I knew I was in love, heart, mind and soul because I could see he was a real person...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Charles, I told you NOT to post my pic on VJ ! :bonk:

Nagi,

I didn't know you had such a nice and ample lungs. :lol:

she's got..........huge..........tracts of land! :lol:

i feel sorry for her back and how painfull must be to carry those huge tracts of land :P

that's where these come in real handy.

True_Temper_6_Cubic_Feet_Steel_Wheelbarrow_R6_Carts_Wheelbarrows-resized200.jpg

and these?

buckets.jpg

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

The way I look at it is. You could meet someone from your own town or city and marry straight away. The one good thing about the internet, your getting to know the person more this way rather falling in love with someone you met in a pub, at work etc.

I've heard this before here, and I have to say I don't understand. Do people who met foreign SO's on the internet really feel that their relationship is *superior* to those who met by more traditional means?

I've never thought that. There are pros and cons to LDR's as well as normal relationships, IMO. Living together certainly hasn't shown to be successful in leading to a lasting marriage. I don't think there's any one sure way.

Right. I've just heard it said many times that in an LDR you get to know each other *better* because you can talk without all the physical stuff getting in the way. maybe people are just using figures of speech, but it really comes off as though those who were not fortunate? enough to have been in an LDR really don't know our partners as well.

I hear people say this too - which I don't agree with because you can certainly present an idealized version of yourself to someone when they are not there in person to witness all your bad habits and behavoirs. True love comes when they see all your flaws and still love you anyway.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nagi,

i feel sorry for her back and how painfull must be to carry those huge tracts of land :P

and these?

buckets.jpg

no wheels.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'm not questioning the online meeting versus the in-person meeting. I'm shocked at how some people got engaged within 1-3 months, for both groups.

It just seems like the online meeting would take even longer because of the anonymity part of it. Until you actually meet in person, you don't really know who you are chatting with, even with cameras and mikes.

And what we're trying to say, at least what I'm trying to say (and some others I think) is that there is no 'short' or 'long' time to get engaged when you've encountered the one. for you it may seem that getting engaged within 1-3 months regardless of how you met is a short time....for others it just felt right to do it that way....there are no rules in love.

-P

Timeline
The way I look at it is. You could meet someone from your own town or city and marry straight away. The one good thing about the internet, your getting to know the person more this way rather falling in love with someone you met in a pub, at work etc.

I've heard this before here, and I have to say I don't understand. Do people who met foreign SO's on the internet really feel that their relationship is *superior* to those who met by more traditional means?

I've never thought that. There are pros and cons to LDR's as well as normal relationships, IMO. Living together certainly hasn't shown to be successful in leading to a lasting marriage. I don't think there's any one sure way.

Right. I've just heard it said many times that in an LDR you get to know each other *better* because you can talk without all the physical stuff getting in the way. maybe people are just using figures of speech, but it really comes off as though those who were not fortunate? enough to have been in an LDR really don't know our partners as well.

I hear people say this too - which I don't agree with because you can certainly present an idealized version of yourself to someone when they are not there in person to witness all your bad habits and behavoirs. True love comes when they see all your flaws and still love you anyway.

*shrugs* it would be easy enough for someone to hide their bad habits and behaviors in person too...

no way of starting a relationship is better then the other...:no:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Nagi,

and these?

buckets.jpg

no wheels.

you don't necessarily need wheels to carry those huge tracts of land...do you?

Timeline
I'm not questioning the online meeting versus the in-person meeting. I'm shocked at how some people got engaged within 1-3 months, for both groups.

It just seems like the online meeting would take even longer because of the anonymity part of it. Until you actually meet in person, you don't really know who you are chatting with, even with cameras and mikes.

And what we're trying to say, at least what I'm trying to say (and some others I think) is that there is no 'short' or 'long' time to get engaged when you've encountered the one. for you it may seem that getting engaged within 1-3 months regardless of how you met is a short time....for others it just felt right to do it that way....there are no rules in love.

-P

my parents met, got engaged, got married and my mom got pregnant all within the first year of their relationship and they have been married for 35 years now..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

*shrugs* it would be easy enough for someone to hide their bad habits and behaviors in person too...

I'm not saying that it is. I think it is *easier* to hide flaws when you are thousands of miles away. Less easy to do when you are together 24-7. Lots of stories on this website are testament to that.

90day.jpg

Timeline

I'm not saying that it is. I think it is *easier* to hide flaws when you are thousands of miles away. Less easy to do when you are together 24-7. Lots of stories on this website are testament to that.

if someone is hiding anything, like bad habits etc.. in my opinion that isn't a good relationship then..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

if someone is hiding anything, like bad habits etc.. in my opinion that isn't a good relationship then..

that depends on the bad habit - getting a bit moody after a bad day is something most people do, I don't everyone who does is in a bad relationship

90day.jpg

You know, I think if someone has the 'love' blinkers on, they have them on no matter if it's RL or over the interwebbery.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

that depends on the bad habit - getting a bit moody after a bad day is something most people do, I don't everyone who does is in a bad relationship

being in a bad mood is hard to cover up even over the phone :lol:

but like I said earlier.. no relationship is better just because of the way it started... I know it is hard for people to understand internet relationships, believe me before it happened to me I thought people who did that were a little crazy :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I met Kamal in June of 06 online and went over to Morocco in Feb of 07 and filed the k-1 in march and married him in Oct. So that was pretty fast on our part. I could feel the love when i got off that plane.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png