panamania79

Do you consider yourself a VJ veteran ?

202 posts in this topic

Well, I remember when Steve and Andy were regular posters, and not only do i remember Captain Ewok, but I remember Chief Wookie before him, and I remember before that when Steve and Andy did the job themselves and the big pie fight that led to the introduction of Chief Wookie. I joined when my husband was in the US on a work visa and we were starting to try to figure out what we'd need to do if we got married. (I think we got officially engaged a month after I joined.)

I think I've been around longer than all but 1 of the people who've posted on this thread so far (not counting UncaRastus). I took a break between AOS & removing conditions, then have mostly been around since we started removing conditions. Citizenship interview is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

And here I am, trapping animals and relocating them. Feral cats have this tendency to beat up on MY feral cat. Danger Kitty , having been spayed and derabied, is of no shape to fight off the mean old attacking FCs.

Somehow, raccoons have seen fit to climb into my Havahart live trapping device.

I know, I let them go about 30 miles from here. I don't just shoot them. That would be cruel!

However, I was thinking (which is very hard for me to do), and I came up with this great idea!

If I were to staple a bunch of trapped raccoons together and throw them on top of the neighbors roof, soon they will be wearable! And of course, I wouldn't be killing them, actually! Just trap, staple, throw the cute squirming mass of raccoons on the roof, and soon they will have such sun tans and probably have died because they know how much I want a raccoon coat, anyway!

They are such people pleasers, don't y'all think?

I teach yoga now. I just can't be killing things just because I want their furry goodness to keep me warm while jetting around on my scooter during the winter, now, can I?

post-52314-1217091496_thumb.jpg

Edited by Unca_Rastus

Yes, born before time was recorded, I have been around when the first fishie thingy strolled out of the ocean. The humans, of course, thought this was most cute but ate it anyway.

I was there when the pyramids were built. They were just navigational points for me to use, because I always got lost in the desert. I still do!

Napoleon was much a larger fellow than history reports, also. His size was recorded when he was suffereing a case of the renown inflamed hemmorhoids, I am sorry to report. Wouldn't you be all shrunken if that happened to you?

The 2nd World War started because all of the Germans and all of the Japanese felt like going out and having a lark! Look what happened after that!

I was on the moon when the Americans landed in 1969, but I was kind of shy at the time. And I was meditating, so I didn't see them land because my eyes were closed! Sound does NOT travel in a vacuum! So I missed out on greeting them!

This new gas crisis has been done before. I remember back when it was whale oil that was in short supply! Not to mention salt, and those darling little sardines, though that was not recorded! I saw it! It's true! Not to mention back when James Carter was President of the US of A, for the gasoline/petrol shartage being now reported! I do believe that he was behind that, trying to sell peanut oil as an alternative fuel!

I shall be around long after all of you have passed away, so if you feel as if you have something important for me to keep alive in the memories of others, feel free to let me know!

Unca Rastus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, I just looked at when I joined VJ April 2004.

Ummm Yep I'd say I'm a vet of VJ :)

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Timeline
Did I feel the hair on the back of my neck stirring? My ears burning???

I have given up running over Muslim Suicide Kitties wiff my garden tractor. There are none left to protect this great nation against.

I have now started the greatest bunch of motorized scooter freaks ever, too!

It is called Timmies Fun Time Club, with a picture of Bozo the Clown in thecenter of it! I have many members that just happen to be old friends from here. Sassycast and Claudette being the core of my gang of ruffians.

We all enjoy clambering aboard our tiny scooters and raising ruckus amongst the rest of the citizens of the US of A! While sneering, mightily!

Can there be any thing funner than this? I think not!

Thanks for remembering us!

And I do hope that Jaffa is doing well, back in Merry Olde England! Or where ever she is!

And yes! I AM a veteran! Doubly veteranised! Both from the service of this country AND being an old hand in here!

I wish that I could run over Mudall a few times though, with my scooter! Just for old times sake!

Unca Rastus

President of Timmies Fun Time Club!

OMG OMG OMG!!! It's him!!!! :dance: It's me, Julie!! *waves*

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Juuuuuuulieeeeeeeeeeee!

And how's my baby doing?

And quit stomping on my nuts!

tim

Yes, born before time was recorded, I have been around when the first fishie thingy strolled out of the ocean. The humans, of course, thought this was most cute but ate it anyway.

I was there when the pyramids were built. They were just navigational points for me to use, because I always got lost in the desert. I still do!

Napoleon was much a larger fellow than history reports, also. His size was recorded when he was suffereing a case of the renown inflamed hemmorhoids, I am sorry to report. Wouldn't you be all shrunken if that happened to you?

The 2nd World War started because all of the Germans and all of the Japanese felt like going out and having a lark! Look what happened after that!

I was on the moon when the Americans landed in 1969, but I was kind of shy at the time. And I was meditating, so I didn't see them land because my eyes were closed! Sound does NOT travel in a vacuum! So I missed out on greeting them!

This new gas crisis has been done before. I remember back when it was whale oil that was in short supply! Not to mention salt, and those darling little sardines, though that was not recorded! I saw it! It's true! Not to mention back when James Carter was President of the US of A, for the gasoline/petrol shartage being now reported! I do believe that he was behind that, trying to sell peanut oil as an alternative fuel!

I shall be around long after all of you have passed away, so if you feel as if you have something important for me to keep alive in the memories of others, feel free to let me know!

Unca Rastus

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It does feel like a long time ago that we were sending our K1 application :)

But no, I don't consider myself a veteran

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Here I am...missed half the fun it seems! :) Do have a question though.....sparkofcreation said "I remember Captain Ewok..."etc...What did *I* miss????? WHERE is Captain Ewok now??? M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

When I became a member in April 2004 my wife and stepdaughter were already here in the USA. I had been lurking on VJ for quite a long while before that reading posts and learning about the K-1 process. In fact, I had filed our K-1/K-2 petition back in April 2003 (a year before I joined VJ). I became a member after my wife and stepdaughter had arrived in March 2004 because I wanted to post some questions I had about AoS related topics.

I would say I'm a VJ veteran. My wife became a US citizen on June 25, 2008 and already has her US passport (to go along with her Belarusian passport). My 22 years old stepdaughter will be eligible to file for US citizenship at the end of 2009. Our VisaJourney is pretty much completed.

We managed to get through this long and complicated process without any major problems. We did it without lawyers and filed all the petitions ourselves. Reading, understanding, and following the directions associated with the petition forms is of the greatest importance. I often started reading, studying, and gathering documents months in advance of actual filing. If someone is not willing to invest the time necessary to do this, they are better off hiring a lawyer.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Congrats to your wife, Peejay! That's great...... all Craig has left to do is the naturalization part, too, but at least there are no major time constraints now...we can worry about that later. :) Congrats again! M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Congrats to your wife, Peejay! That's great...... all Craig has left to do is the naturalization part, too, but at least there are no major time constraints now...we can worry about that later. :) Congrats again! M.

Thanks! ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline
VJ Vet checking in. Dec 03 wooot

Hey unca rasta, still riding lawnmowers? Hi Julie, miss sunshine! If anyone talks to Darb or Zen, tell them I said a big HI !

Jackie (F)

(jmagayreh back in the day)

Awww Miss sunshine, how lovely! :luv: Thanks!

Sometimes I think the ability of changing our screen names didn't do any good. With some posters it took me months to figure out that I already knew them! :lol: I know you can check the screen name history on the profile, but still.

P.S.: LOL @ VJ 2.0 - Good on ya, Jackie! Glad to see you happy!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Well, I remember when Steve and Andy were regular posters, and not only do i remember Captain Ewok, but I remember Chief Wookie before him, and I remember before that when Steve and Andy did the job themselves and the big pie fight that led to the introduction of Chief Wookie. I joined when my husband was in the US on a work visa and we were starting to try to figure out what we'd need to do if we got married. (I think we got officially engaged a month after I joined.)

I think I've been around longer than all but 1 of the people who've posted on this thread so far (not counting UncaRastus). I took a break between AOS & removing conditions, then have mostly been around since we started removing conditions. Citizenship interview is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Hmm I joined in Feb 04 and so did some others who already posted(jodee, Scott&Lai, hotairguy)some joined earlier who have posted...like Pedroh and Jackie. But you're still pretty early too!

Is that really Unca Rastus? I am having a hard time believing it.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord