Hi again,

I've seen some suggestion on writing our time line so :

03-28-08 Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

06-13-08 NOA 2

07-07-08 left NVC

07-08-08 Consulate received

07-14-08 Packet 3 received

Now - Stuck

Under the guy with the red bow tie at the top of the page is the link "My Assistant". It will take you to a link to "edit/add timeline" enter your information for your timeline here. It then automatically calculates estimated dates for various waypoints in your visa journey.

I agree with the other posters here that you should not spend any more money on an attorney unless you absolutely feel it is necessary in your case. Only you can decide what is best for you. It certainly sounds like you need to have a come to Jesus meeting with your attorney about perform the work they are hired to do. You are certainly allowed to make demands of them to handle your case in a timely manner.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

I really felt it would be best to have a lawyer, but after what we have gone through it would have just been better to do it ourselves..I guess if you want to save yourself the redtape and confusion of the all the paperwork and applications, you can have a lawyer solely to do that BUT we have had problems with our lawyer too. YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN!

It has been such a disappointment to have given all I have financially to someone who doesnt even seem to working.

#1 mistakes on the information that was submitted on our paperwork was completely overlooked by our lawyer, who, I thought, was supposed to be hired to pay attention to detail, failed to even notice a very big mistake that was written on our paperwork and then later transferred and submitted to the government. I mean if all our DOCUMENTS state the proper information how could the lawyer or even his secretary not pick up on the mistake???? NOT DOING THEIR JOB

#2 NOT BEING INFORMATIVE, I agree that, being new to all this, I didnt know diddley about this process...he was so uncooperative with filling me in FULLY about what was happening or what would happen in the future. We just assume this man knows the ins and outs of every step in this process and that he will help us to be completely involved and enlightened so we can best prepare ourselves...AGAIN, NOT DOING THEIR JOB!

#3 I felt at times our lawyer was irritated with the amount of questions I asked....INSENSITIVE

#4 It was "standard" procedure for us to apply for the K3 Visa immediately after filing our CR1 petition. According to the lawyer, the CR1 takes sooooooo long and the K3 would come much more soon and then we could be reunited and finish AOS here in US....LONG STORY SHORT....K3 took just as long...but the interview came March 2008....12 days AP...VISA IN HAND April 10, 2008...OK

BUT we got Visa in hand for K3 and the interview date for CR1 ON THE SAME EXACT DAY!!!!!!

NOW WHAT?????????? Our attorney advised us to forgo the K3 and finish the CR1...WHAT??? that means my husband has to wait the extra month till CR1 interview (with visa to USA already in hand) and then PRAY he doesnt wait in this black hole any longer after the interview.... :angry: AP PROCESS AGAIN FOR CR1..now hubby has K3 taken away from him and now it has been 2 months since his CR1 interview....ALL THIS AFTER THE BLEEPIN LAWYER TOLD US WE WANT THE k3 because it will be so quick and we can finally be together...I FOUGHT WITH THIS MAN....I told him NO WAY WAITING FOR CR1 there....we have our chance we got to run with it..and the lawyer made me feel stupid...he was irritated with me...didnt want to take time...blahblahblah..we didnt know what was best...just all the time trusting this stupid putz....Now here we are crying because we dont know when we will see each other again and he could have been here 3 months ago...and for those of you with a Moroccan spouse, you know how hard their life is there..you know how we just want closure, we want to start our life together.....SO I LISTENED TO THIS LAWYER AND HE ###### US!!! NOT DOING HIS JOB

#5 Time and time again I felt I was doing my own work, not the lawyer. I felt he couldnt be bothered and didnt bat an eyelash about us having to "Wait it out"...unbelievable...and all the wasted money to apply for K3 and all the way up to the interview, all the money and patience..just thrown out the window. I felt like I took it upon myself to find ANY and EVERY bit of information I could about our situation and this process....and thank GOD I did...VISA JOURNEY has helped us so much....I asked as many questions as I could to this lawyer and he flat out made me feel like i was bothering him!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT DOING HIS JOB

SO YES I AGREE about the lawyer thing.

We are hurting, we are still waiting.....we just are praying to get what we deserve after all this.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE WAITING INDEFINITELY LIKE US!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I fired my lawyer and recieved a $1000 of $2500 refund. I could have gotten the whole lot back, but I did not have time to convince him since I have to now had to figure everything on my own. After I found Visajourney, I now know more then him.

If I did this on my own, my husband might have been here in Dec of 08 on a K3 visa.

Things my lawyer did to delay my case:

1. Mailed the K3/129f petition 2 months after our I130 reciept date. Our I130 was approved 1 day before the reciept of our I129f.

2. NVC contacted the lawyer on Oct 15th to let them know we had to pay the fees. Laywer contacted us on Nov 15th to tell us.

3. We overnighted the nvc fees to lawyer. He did not actually mail the fees out until Dec 5th. Lied about sending them in November when I asked for the tracking number.

4. Sent a list of items requested from the nvc to my husband. My husband expressed them back costing over $100. He never requested the DS230 that was filled out two months prior through a web based program. I kept asking him for the forms so my husband could ship them back, but he never answered my emails or calls.

OH and the lawyer doesn't do any of the work. His paralegal does. He just reviews it when she is done. His paraleqal quit in the middle of our case. It was a mess.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you had any troubles with immigration lawyers while K1 process? Ours seems to not answear our calls or emails when we need it most.

We have to fill the DS 230 form and send it back to the embasyy and can't reach the lawyer.

Thanks for any feedback

oh ho look at my time line we have an attorney he flat refuses to answer our calls or return any emails sent to him so as far as im concerned lawyers only want ur money and give u nothing back.........as far as we are over the normal processing time he should have at the very least contacted the pres or something but nothing nada.................

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

I hired an attorney for my K1 for $750. I would leave messages for him and he would not return phone calls. I would email him with no response. Then I typed "State Bar Complaint" in the subject line of an email and he called me within 5 minutes.

Nice move. That's brilliant. :thumbs:

The state bar is a good place to file a complaint about a incompetent/lazy lawyer. A state bar complaint scares the sh*t out of any lawyer since it's their career/livelihood at stake. I would demand my money back and threaten to file a complaint with the bar. If it doesn't get your money, make good on your threat and file the complaint. May not help your case, but maybe it'll straighten them out for the next person that needs their help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Threaten them sounds like a great idea but then in the back of your mind you wonder if this will harm your application. That is a really big stress especially when you miss each other and can't wait to be together.

They should be on list of "Not to hire' or something like that

But yes, it wasn't a good idea to hire a lawyer after all, too bad i didn't find this website before starting the process.

I started looking into this kind of information only after the lawyer didn't prove to deliver what promised, so people who start this process should know really well what this means and really do their homework.

Hey theecon

Look at the top of the page where it says My Controls in small black print under the blue banner. Click it.

Down the left side of the page find Edit Profile Information and click that. You don't have to fill in everything, but scroll down and near the bottom fill in

Immigration Status, filed for? K1 or K3?

Place benefits filed at Vermont or California?

Country of non-US Fiance / Spouse / Family Member Pick your country

Click here and make a timeline http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=52137

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Our lawyer forgot to send us an e-mail or inform my husband regarding our application too.. :angry:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

I wonder what would happen if i fired my lawyer

DOS told me I should sue him over him advising my husband not to come on his K3...making him wait the month for the CR1 interview and now still waiting in AP OVER THERE rather than here!! OMFG!!!!

I am seriously thinking about some kind of action but I tell you this, IT IS ALL IN GOD'S hands....and you cant be guilty of being stupid for somethings you dont know about.

LIVE AND LEARN

and certainly this site has informed me immensely, more than that idiot lawyer

now I know why everyone grumbles and frowns about LAWYERS!!!!!!!

I hired an attorney for my K1 for $750. I would leave messages for him and he would not return phone calls. I would email him with no response. Then I typed "State Bar Complaint" in the subject line of an email and he called me within 5 minutes.

Nice move. That's brilliant. :thumbs:

The state bar is a good place to file a complaint about a incompetent/lazy lawyer. A state bar complaint scares the sh*t out of any lawyer since it's their career/livelihood at stake. I would demand my money back and threaten to file a complaint with the bar. If it doesn't get your money, make good on your threat and file the complaint. May not help your case, but maybe it'll straighten them out for the next person that needs their help.

Hi everyone,

I am sorry you are so dissatisfied with your lawyer. Even though I am a US immigration law novice, I do am a (non US) attorney myself, and frankly your posts about these bad practices anger me, because they reflect badly on all attorneys, also the ones that ARE doing a decent job. I can tell you that, unlike one poster has mentioned, it is NOT a rule to dismiss clients phone calls and ignoring cases like that. So if you do have a serious grievance, then indeed please report it. You don't even have to do it right now, if you feel it will hinder your immigration process (which it shouldn't). You can do it after you have your visa approval. However, these reports will go on record and might prevent the same mistakes in future.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.