GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Ok, as they say "knowledge is power". Lets get a list together here of everyone that got NOA2's that have NOA1 dates of March 6 and later. Include the type of visa (k1 or k3), the country for the fiance and the service center. Also, anyone that had an approved petition returned to the service center please list that and the center you used.

I will try to put it in some sort of form so we can get a better idea of what is going on. We will also be able to track the progress of the centers as they try to deal with this. I know that some of this can be gotten from the timelines but the returns and the dates they are sent back are not there.

At least we will be able to get an idea of what is going on this way and it will also be good therapy for me as I sweat out our NOA2. :blush:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can start with a timeline search. :)

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm confused about even if we know the official date(s).

NOA1 has a receipt date 3/1 and notice date 3/7.

NOA2 has a receipt date 3/7 and notice date 3.8.

I had one reply to my question that the real date and time is what's stamped on the Petition.

How do we know that?

Larry and Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My NOA1 is February 28, 2006 when i checkthe Online status. Got the NOA1 actual letter i the Mail on March 2nd.

My NOA2 is on the MAY 1, 2006 when i checked online Status and i recieved it in the mail on May 6, 2006.

Am I affected by the IMBRA????

I-129f JOURNEY:

2-14-2006: I-129F Mailed Express

2-16-2006: TSC recieved it and signed

2-24-2006: NOA 1 recieved

2-27-2006: Check Cashed

5-01-2006: CASE APPROVED!!!!!! NOA2 by E-mail.

5-06-2006: NOA2 by Mail!!!!!!!

5-17-2006: NVC Recieved The Case!!!

5-19-2006: Left The NVC And Was Sent To Consulate..Mumbai, India!!!!!

5-25-2006: Consulate Recieved The Case

6-01-2006: Downloaded Packet 3 was Sent to the Consulate

6-04-2006: Packet 3 was Recieved by the Consulate.

6-08-2006: Packet 3 was recieved at home sent by Consulate

6-30-2006: Packet 4 Recieved

8-21-2006: Interview!!!!

8-21-2006: GOT THE VISA! YAY!

8-31-2006: Enters in USA..POE in Chicago, IL

9-25-2006: Getting Married!! WOOOHOOO!!

AOS JOURNEY:

10-12-2006: I-485 Filed

10-18-2006: NOA 1 Recieved

11-04-2006: Biometric Interview

11-06-2006: Case Transferred to CSC

11-09-2006: CSC Recieved the Case

12-07-2006: Registered to be Approved..

12-13-2006: APPROVED....WITHOUT the Interview!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

You can start with a timeline search. :)

Adele

I know that some of this can be gotten from the timelines but the returns and the dates they are sent back are not there.

I wanted to get the whole picture. The returns are something that are really disturbing to a lot of people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I appreciate the desire to compile some good facts about what is and will happen in the next weeks to come. Good thinking!! And, thank you for volunteering the effort.

So far, I can only see that there was nothing done out of Nebraska on K-1 all of last week... :(

I haven't received any notice...it will be interesting to see what volume of "notices" have been going out to people?

08-20-2004 First letter from my Princess

01-01-2005 Birthday celebrations in Simferopol

07-23-2005 Return to Crimea - Vacation on the beaches of Yalta & Koktebel with Valentyna

01-01-2006 Celebrate another Birthday of my Princess in Yalta

01-06-2006 Engagement!!

04-20-2006 Send I129F to NSC

04-21-2006 I129F received - NOA1

04-26-2006 touched

06-01-2006 touched (CSC transfer)

06-02-2006 touched

06-03-2006 touched

06-15-2006 touched (another NOA1 receipt date?!)

06-23-2006 RFE issued (according to form notice date)

06-26-2006 touched

06-29-2006 RFE mailed from CSC (according to postmark)

07-07-2006 RFE received in mail

07-15-2006 touched

07-19-2006 RFE response mailed to CSC by USPS Express

07-20-2006 USPS confirms AM delivery of RFE response to CSC

07-27-2006 Official RFE response receipt acknowledged by email

09-01-2006 touched - NOA2 received

09-05-2006 email notice of NOA2 approval

11- -2006 two days of interview concluded - decision withheld

03-31-2007 second interview

07- -2007 K1 received on return to CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have been watching the processing out of Nebraska as well and it seems that they are pretty slow. Still trying to figure out how this new law is going to affect times. I have also noticed that nothing as been done with my application since it was received on March 24th. Is it common not to even have your application touched??

3/21/06 I-129F sent to NSC

3/24/06 NOA1

3/28/06 Touched

6/1/06 Case transfered to California Office

6/2/06 Touched

6/3/06 Touched

6/9/06 Received 2nd letter from NSC telling me that my case as been transefered

6/14/06 Received 3 emails today saying that CSC has my application

6/15/06 Touched

6/16/06 Touched

6/17/06 Touched again

7/3/06 Received RFE today in mail along with 2 emails

7/3/06 Touched

7/6/06 RFE received in California

7/13/06 Received email saying RFE had been received

7/31/06 Received (3) emails saying my application has been approved

8/1/06 Touched (hopefully that means that my application has been mailed to NVC

8/15/06 NVC mailed application to Bogota

8/25/06 Luisa received Packet 3 from Embasssy!

8/28/06 Luisa hand delivers Packet 3 to Embassy!

9/6/06 Luisa receieved Packet 4 from Embassy

9/18/06 Medical Exams

10/3/06 Interview Date!!!

10/4/06 Have Visa in Hand!!

10/16/06 Return to EEUU

01/06/07 Married..... Now trying to complete the EOS stuff!!!

07/02/07 Green Card Interview, we were approved!! Now we wait for the actual card!!

07/18/07 Recieved Green Card in the mail!! Yippeee!!!

Carl y Luisa

I have been watching the processing out of Nebraska as well and it seems that they are pretty slow. Still trying to figure out how this new law is going to affect times. I have also noticed that nothing as been done with my application since it was received on March 24th. Is it common not to even have your application touched??

Our application's status said updated 3/03/06, until it was touched AND approved on May 8. I don't know if they approved the application in one day, or it they just didn't update the status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Look everyone welcome to the USA Birzaro world of immigration. IN the magical land of Bizaro USA, those who play by the rules and file properly and obey the rules are penalized and mistreated. But if you break the law and do things illegally you are rewarded (refering to certain group of 11 million people who just protested for their "rights" and will be given citizenship because it is the "humane" thing to do)

Just remember we are americans ( and americans to be) and our governement will use and abuse us, because thats what americans let our government do. God bless america.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

I'm confused about even if we know the official date(s).

NOA1 has a receipt date 3/1 and notice date 3/7.

NOA2 has a receipt date 3/7 and notice date 3.8.

I had one reply to my question that the real date and time is what's stamped on the Petition.

How do we know that?

Because it is USCIS policy and procedure.

My reply to you on this from another thread.....I have copied it to save rewriting

The receipt date on the NOA is the day the service center physically received your petition which is the date-time stamp on the petition. The NOA Notice Date is the date it was entered into the system and a NOA generated. Anything to do with your process including guaging whether your case is overdue is taken from the receipt date (the date it was phsically received at the service center)..not the NOA notice date. The NOA2 has nothing to do with whether you will or may be affected by the IMBRA. Any petition received after March 6 (the date stamped on your petition which is the receipt date on your NOA1) are the ones affected by the IMBRA. As your receipt date is 3/1 then you filed before the Act came into effect and should not come under the IMBRA.

From a post by desert_fox in response to the question. If you read the text it refers to what I state above.

This is off the USCIS site...maybe its what you are looking for.

-------------------------------------------

: Due to an unusually large volume of receipts at the Service Centers during the first week of April, it is taking longer than expected to enter cases into the system. Depending on the type of case and service requested, it may take approximately 14 days to generate and mail receipt notices. Once the receipt notice has been generated, it may take an additional 2 to 3 days for customers to receive their receipt notices in the mail. Per existing policies and procedures, requests for Premium Processing Service will continue to be processed within 15 days. USCIS wishes to assure all customers that the original received date will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the "Received Date" box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date is different from the "Notice Date", which also appears on Form I-797. The Notice Date is the date the receipt notice was actually generated. USCIS has taken appropriate measures to address this situation and expects to be current with its receipting by mid-May.

Hope this helps

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Look everyone welcome to the USA Birzaro world of immigration. IN the magical land of Bizaro USA, those who play by the rules and file properly and obey the rules are penalized and mistreated. But if you break the law and do things illegally you are rewarded (refering to certain group of 11 million people who just protested for their "rights" and will be given citizenship because it is the "humane" thing to do)

Just remember we are americans ( and americans to be) and our governement will use and abuse us, because thats what americans let our government do. God bless america.

I think it's just a matter of numbers -- 11 million people can demand virtually whatever they want, even if they're here illegally. That's 11 million people who probably have family members and friends and supporters and sympathizers who are USCs who will vote and influence elections. I don't know how many people apply for the K-1 every year, but it's probably a much smaller group than 11 million people -- and so, we matter less to most politicians. This is complete #######. Also, they probably figure that if we're going through all this trouble in the first place, we'll take whatever new laws and restrictions they throw out and continue to wait and follow everything to the letter.

It's funny because this new law probably is really a "good thing" because it aims to protect foreign women from abuse and I bet most people would be in support of it, but the way they're going about enforcing it is SO ridiculous and heartbreaking and it does seem like they're punishing people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you SSOOO MUCH, Lorelle!

Yes, it does help if I understand correctly.

The NOA1 Receipt Date is the one that matters, not the NOA1 Notice or the NOA2 Receipt Date.

That's cool! I just hope that all is ok.

Larry :star::thumbs:

Larry and Maria

Thanks for starting this post. My NOA1 was March 24 :(

Any approvals of people with NOA1's after March 6th?

Any word on how this will affect those of us with NOA1s after March 6th? All I can find is "if you are before March 6, don't worry. If you're after March 6, you're screwed." Probably true but not very specific.

Edited by michela

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I sent my 129f on March 10 to VSC, received NOA2 on March 24. NVC has already completed processing and my financee already received her packet from the Moscow Embassy. Her interview is set for June 13.

I was after the March 6 date completely, and it moved fast for me.

My only concern is that USCIS will re-assess their approvals made after March 6 in order to conduct the criminal investigation and such. I have not heard any word about people getting their approvals "revoked" yet, but would be interested to know if anyone else has heard such a thing.

I highly doubt that the USG has the energy to revoke the approvals made after that time...they are probably still trying to figure out what to do with the ones coming in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.