MrsRowe

Unbelievable!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I started the Okay Vermont Filers post to get all of us that filed at Vermont to do something to get out cases noticed. I didnt' mean for it to turn into a big name calling fight. I am shocked that we are not all upset about the processing pace. Just because your case has been process doesn't mean that you just say forget evreyone else. Why do you think that the N400's are being put as top priority now? It's because peopel stopped sitting back and waiting and started taking action. It may have taken some time but they are finally doing something about it. They are not doing interviews on weekend to get the workload taken care of. We are all in the same boat. Whether or not your case was taken care of already you should know that it is a painful thing to be separated from your loved one. After witnessing those fights and some of the mean things people were saying, i thought about never coming back to this board cause i am new here anyway so i have not formed friendships as yet but i have never been one to give up easily. It took 2 and a half years for my citizenship to come through and if i didn't fight i woudlnt' have gotten it. I didn't give up then and i am not giving up now. So i am back. I am editing the letter i wrote and i will post it again. Please lets work together to get this done. Someone had a quote, i dont' know who it was but it said something like a champion isn't one that wins all the time but one who never gives up or somethign to that affect. I am not going to give up. So i am starting again. Who doesnt like me, well that's too bad. :thumbs:

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that you are not going to let nonsense here prevent you from continuing forward!

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I am familiar with the thread, and I advice for people without anything good to add to this thread to stay out.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Timeline

Thank you guys, i will just move on. Below is the letter i edited. I including some personal history with USCIS and i am thinking that we should all do that. Please feel free to edit, comment as to what needs changing. I am going to write to everyone i can think of. I will post a list here. If anyone needs help i can help too.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am not writing this letter to receive special treatment for my application. I am not asking that you process my case ahead of anyone else’s application. I am writing along with thousands more I-130 applicants at the Vermont Service Center. After watching helplessly as Vermont Service Center processes July 30th applications for 3 months, we feel that our applications are being totally disregarded. While we understand the recent influx of applications due to a fee increase, we are left to wonder if said fee increase is being used wisely. We are all human and we understand that you have a bigger work load but it is our firm belief that ignoring one set of applications to complete another is wrong and against our rights. I am not the only person you will receive a letter from. Thousands more are planning to write, we have sat back way too long to watch this go on any further. We have been separated from our loved ones for too long. We are law abiding, tax paying citizens of the United States that feel like we are being punished for following the rules. For myself, I was pregnant with my daughter when I applied for citizenship to this country and my daughter was two years old when I was sworn in. She is growing up without her father. My case is sad but there are thousands more out there that are much worse. What about the mother that is pregnant right now but will carry her child, go through labor, deliver handle the responsibility of a child all with her husband being unable to be there to assist her. What about the daughter/ son that feel helpless as his/her parents suffer alone far away. What about the children that are living away from their parents?

Place yourself in the place of these families. How would it be for you knowing that your happiness depends solely on a system that pushes your application aside. Adding to our distress is noticing that cases are being processed out of turn. Why are cases from December and sometimes even January being approved while there are people waiting since September of last year? Does that seem like a fair system? Why is it that I-129f’s are being processed faster than I-130? Do we not all want to be with our loved ones? Are we not as deserving of being with our loved ones? Think of your children. Would it be easy to sit back and have to wait on a system to have to kiss your child goodnight? Would be easy for you to sit back and wait on a system to have to watch your child grow? Would be easy for you to wait on a system to have your parents around to partake in their grandchildren’s lives? A recent study suggests that children are much happier when their grandparents are active in their lives. Think of all the children out there that are separated from their parents and grandparents. I beg you on behalf of the millions of applicants at the Vermont Service Center, if this center is overwhelmed, share the workload with other centers or figure out a workable solution. You are on the verge of seeing an onslaught of letters, protests as people become more frustrated, angry and sad at the current processing times. Please consider that we are citizens of this great country where we are all considered equal. Many of us are immigrants that chose to be citizens and that just shows how much we love this country. America is a country that promotes family. Shouldn’t we all have our family?

Thank you in advance on behalf of myself and millions of other applicants.

xyzxxx

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Well I am like you and would lovr to get something done but don't know what to do. i am also new to this and we should be here to help one another through this process.We should share and support instead of all the other ####### that was going on here.

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi Mrs. Rowe, I read a few of the last posts on your thread, I didnt bother go further because I started to see that ppl were not being constructive or in the least.. supportive.

The energy must be placed in positive ways to get something done ppl. If Mrs. Rowe wants to get ppl interested in doing more than venting here, then good!! :thumbs:

It's better than starting threads on the same ol' without looking to make an attempt to change one's own situation.

The N-400's are getting processed because the politicians pushed for that, they need more voters. So, (imo) collectively push the politicians to earn your vote. Let's see how they are willing to work for you. But ppl also, if your 6 months aren't up, get ready just in case, but wait (unless there is some issue rendering your case for expedite) until that time has passed to start the path of writting to ur gov officials.

I say this because, these ppl that are gonna join together need to show that they've waited the time. If the officials see that there is ppl complaining in this mix that have filed a few months earlier then the petition in whole might be taken lightly.

Good luck guys with anything and everything you do.. i hope your approvals soon! :luv::luv:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

glad u continue;;;

if this is to be a form letter to copy and paste basically....how about remove all of your personal interest words for your case example, then at the bottom of the basic letter we could each add any thing different that would pretain to our individual cases . Basic letter for all + any tidbit of other at bottom...

and i agree sure nothing may help to change anything and alot of this are the same problems others had in past years, same problems just different year....but it cant hurt and those that are thru the process should have no concern if we want to take our time to do this whatever comes from it

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline
glad u continue;;;

if this is to be a form letter to copy and paste basically....how about remove all of your personal interest words for your case example, then at the bottom of the basic letter we could each add any thing different that would pretain to our individual cases . Basic letter for all + any tidbit of other at bottom...

and i agree sure nothing may help to change anything and alot of this are the same problems others had in past years, same problems just different year....but it cant hurt and those that are thru the process should have no concern if we want to take our time to do this whatever comes from it

All this is an excellent idea you guys. I really hope this works out and gets you not only attention and approval; but the beginning of raising awareness out there!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I think the N400s are being processed because the Presidential election is coming up. Plus, in the time that I've been at VJ, I've noticed there is somewhat of a pattern. Around Jan-March CSC slows to a crawl and folks at VSC are processed very quickly. Then it switches around April. and levels off. My guess is that its due to the processing of other visa, work visas and student visas which are "seasonal" (schools start around the same time, work and DV applications are only available for a certain amount of time).

Anyway, I admire your desire to do something about the situation. Best of luck.

Edited by reeses16

Timeline

Okay, i editted the letter. This way, you can make it more personal and have it more apply to your situation.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am not writing this letter to receive special treatment for my application. I am not asking that you process my case ahead of anyone else’s application. I am writing along with thousands more I-130 applicants at the Vermont Service Center. After watching helplessly as Vermont Service Center processes July 30th applications for 3 months, we feel that our applications are being totally disregarded. While we understand the recent influx of applications due to a fee increase, we are left to wonder if said fee increase is being used wisely. We are all human and we understand that you have a bigger work load but it is our firm belief that ignoring one set of applications to complete another is wrong and against our rights. I am not the only person you will receive a letter from. Thousands more are planning to write, we have sat back way too long to watch this go on any further. We have been separated from our loved ones for too long. We are law abiding, tax paying citizens of the United States that feel like we are being punished for following the rules. What about the mother that is pregnant right now but will carry her child, go through labor, deliver handle the responsibility of a child all with her husband being unable to be there to assist her. What about the daughter/ son that feel helpless as his/her parents suffer alone far away. What about the children that are living away from their parents?

Place yourself in the place of these families. How would it be for you knowing that your happiness depends solely on a system that pushes your application aside. Adding to our distress is noticing that cases are being processed out of turn. Why are cases from December and sometimes even January being approved while there are people waiting since September of last year? Does that seem like a fair system? Why is it that I-129f’s are being processed faster than I-130? Do we not all want to be with our loved ones? Are we not as deserving of being with our loved ones? I beg you on behalf of the millions of applicants at the Vermont Service Center, if this center is overwhelmed, share the workload with other centers or figure out a workable solution. You are on the verge of seeing an onslaught of letters, protests as people become more frustrated, angry and sad at the current processing times. Please consider that we are citizens of this great country where we are all considered equal. Many of us are immigrants that chose to be citizens and that just shows how much we love this country. America is a country that promotes family. Shouldn’t we all have our family?

xyzxxx

Timeline

Okay, i edited it again

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am not writing this letter to receive special treatment for my application. I am not asking that my case be processes ahead of anyone else’s application. I am writing along with thousands more I-130 applicants at the Vermont Service Center. After watching helplessly as Vermont Service Center processes July 30th applications for 3 months, we feel that our applications are being totally disregarded. While we understand the recent influx of applications due to a fee increase, we are left to wonder if said fee increase is being used wisely. We are all human and we understand that you have a bigger work load but it is our firm belief that ignoring one set of applications to complete another is wrong and against our rights. I am not the only person you will receive a letter from. Thousands more are planning to write. We have sat back way too long to watch this go on any further. We have been separated from our loved ones for too long. We are law abiding, tax paying citizens of the United States that feel like we are being punished for following the rules.

Place yourself in the place of these families. How would it be for you knowing that your happiness depends solely on a system that pushes your application aside. Adding to our distress is noticing that cases are being processed out of turn. Why are cases from December and sometimes even January being approved while there are people waiting since September of last year? Does that seem like a fair system? Why is it that I-129f’s are being processed faster than I-130? Do we not all want to be with our loved ones? Are we not as deserving of being with our loved ones? I beg you on behalf of the millions of applicants at the Vermont Service Center, if this center is overwhelmed, share the workload with other centers or figure out a workable solution. You are on the verge of seeing an onslaught of letters, protests as people become more frustrated, angry and sad at the current processing times. Please consider that we are citizens of this great country where we are all considered equal. Many of us are immigrants that chose to be citizens and that just shows how much we love this country. America is a country that promotes family. Shouldn’t we all have our family?

xyzxxx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I have tried to interject this before and received nothing but insults because of it, but CSC still has pending applicants from October as well.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok hope im not buggin you with this now, just my thoughts and suggestions, lets break it somewhere with a few paragraphs, and add something about we will also be including these letters to our state reps. and (whatever agencies) (vp) etc

(just my 2 cent example) use as you want or not

I am not writing this letter to receive special treatment for my application. I am not asking that my case be processes ahead of anyone else’s application. I am writing along with thousands more I-130 applicants at the Vermont Service Center. After watching helplessly as Vermont Service Center processes July 30th applications for 3 months, we feel that our applications are being totally disregarded. While we understand the recent influx of applications due to a fee increase, we are left to wonder if said fee increase is being used wisely. We are all human and we understand that you have a bigger work load but it is our firm belief that ignoring one set of applications to complete another is wrong and against our rights.

I am not the only person you will receive a letter from, many more are planning to write. We have sat back way too long to watch this go on any further. We have been separated from our loved ones for too long. We are law abiding, tax paying citizens of the United States that feel like we are being punished for following the rules.

Place yourself in the place of these families. How would it be for you knowing that your happiness depends solely on a system that pushes your application aside. Adding to our distress is noticing that cases are being processed out of turn. Why are cases from December and sometimes even January being approved while there are people waiting since September of last year? Does that seem like a fair system? Why is it that I-129f’s are being processed faster than I-130? Do we not all want to be with our loved ones? Are we not as deserving of being with our loved ones? I beg you on behalf of the millions of applicants at the Vermont Service Center, if this center is overwhelmed, share the workload with other centers or figure out a workable solution. We are on the verge of sending an onslaught of letters in protest (to ????) as people become more frustrated, angry and sad at the current processing times.

(Here could put the personal stuff..As in my case....................................)

Please consider that we are citizens of this great country where we are all considered equal. Many of us are immigrants that chose to be citizens and that just shows how much we love this country. America is a country that promotes family. Shouldn’t we all have our family?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.