irish44

I got dumped!

77 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear this one didn't work out, but don't despair, there are plenty of girls on your video and you saw first-hand what is available over there. So this girl changed her mind? So what. Start over and don't look back. You've got a good jump on the "Russian girl" business so give it another shot.

And anyway I don't really think this girl "scammed" you because what's $600 anyway? You spent way more than that going over there to see her (and the other potential girls) and the "scammers" usually get WAY MORE than $600. She probably was genuinely going to "give it a shot" and then changed her mind deciding $600 was a nice parting gift.

Chock this up as a lesson learned, take from it what you know already and apply it to the next one. Rough draft, so to speak. Give it another go, and do it quickly because who knows, maybe there's a girl out there that just got told by some American @$$hole that he's now worked it out with his ex-wife and can't come marry her instead. She'll be looking for a nice guy like you!

Good luck. Keep us posted, and just because this happened doesn't mean you can't come back and be a part of this forum! You have valuable knowledge and experience. Keep it coming! And I expect to see some new posts here soon too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish44,

Sorry to hear for the scam and for your time being wasted.

From the first time I saw your profile with Tanya's picture in here something was telling me that she's not genuine. I could tell how she was not turned towards you on picture and etc. Then I read that you guys changed the interview date and once again it was another reason for me to believe that something is fishy. ( i am not saying that all the people that change their interview date are scammers but something particularly about her was giving me the negative vibe) Something about her was telling me that she's a scam. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures and etc I had a feeling that she wasn't serious and now reading this post of yours. Once again, I feel bad and sorry for you so please take care of yourself and be more careful next time. And it's a shame that those scammer make lots of Russian women look like a scam when someone could be real and honest.

I disagree. If she scammed him, then she scammed me and my fiancee too. I went over to Russia, and actually met her. Shortly after my fiancee's interview, when I went to Russia to bring her back to the US, I looked over her paperwork for her upcomming interview, just to make sure that she had all she needed, and my fiancee talked with her a number of times, both in person and on the phone to help her with the paperwork and answer questions about the interview process. Neither of us picked up on anything fishy, and when I met her, she seemed genuinely excited about her new life.

Sat,

That is a new all time low for you. Nuff said.

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

You could be 100% right and I could be absolutely wrong but that's the image and idea I got of her when I saw her on his pictures. I am Russian too and believe me could tell few things abour Russian women.

Maybe it wasn't a scam but to me she didn't seem to be truthful or honest.

Irish44,

From the first time I saw your profile with Tanya's picture in here something was telling me that she's not genuine. I could tell how she was not turned towards you on picture and etc. Then I read that you guys changed the interview date and once again it was another reason for me to believe that something is fishy. ( i am not saying that all the people that change their interview date are scammers but something particularly about her was giving me the negative vibe) Something about her was telling me that she's a scam. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures and etc I had a feeling that she wasn't serious and now reading this post of yours. Once again, I feel bad and sorry for you so please take care of yourself and be more careful next time. And it's a shame that those scammer make lots of Russian women look like a scam when someone could be real and honest.

I disagree. If she scammed him, then she scammed me and my fiancee too. I went over to Russia, and actually met her. Shortly after my fiancee's interview, when I went to Russia to bring her back to the US, I looked over her paperwork for her upcomming interview, just to make sure that she had all she needed, and my fiancee talked with her a number of times, both in person and on the phone to help her with the paperwork and answer questions about the interview process. Neither of us picked up on anything fishy, and when I met her, she seemed genuinely excited about her new life.

Sat,

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh well.. it looks like my marriage isn't going to happen unfortunately.

She told me today that she does not want to come to America, and to not call.

I suppose after 9 months of this process I am a bit worn out.

I don't really know the reason; I don't make enough, she met someone else, or some other reason.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'll check in with you from time to time. And thanks to all of those folks who have been so helpful: Bobalouie, Kazan, Slim, and others. Maybe this is for the best.. who knows? :)

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but at least you tried.

Filed: Timeline
Irish44,

Joe, do you remember your April 1st Joke in this forum?

Well you could say it was a self-fulfilling prophesy.. but whether I did it or not the result would be the same. :(

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
You could be 100% right and I could be absolutely wrong but that's the image and idea I got of her when I saw her on his pictures. I am Russian too and believe me could tell few things abour Russian women.

Maybe it wasn't a scam but to me she didn't seem to be truthful or honest.

Irish44,

Sat,

Me being Russian as well, we all know way too well how much scam goes on in Russia. Its unfortunate that you were a victim, now you'll know more about yourself and more about this sort of situation. Good luck to you!

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So sorry to hear this happened to you, Joe. I remember reading some of your posts in the past where you sensed something might not be right. I was hoping so much that everything would work out well. Maybe she is just not mature enough to handle all the move and everything that comes with it and panicked as things got closer and closer to happening.

In any case, although it hurts bad, to end at this point is still better than having huge problems after being married, etc. I hope that after a little healing time you can go back and find one that will work out. The important thing is not to give up or let it get you down too much (I know right now that probably seems impossible, but try man!). There are some really incredible women out there still wanting a good guy...you just have to keep fishing! Best of luck!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Irish...did you see it coming? Any lessons you care to share with us?

I can see the K-1 visa route has its risks. While it's the quickest and simplest visa to get, I can see it may, at times, result in last minute "cold feet" or unplanned "scams of opportunity."

I won't add more "I'm sorries" but let me commend you for your courage and heart to get out there and take some chances and risks. Take a few months to let the wounds heal...then go out and find the lady that's waiting, this very minute, for you to appear in her life.

Filed: Timeline
Irish...did you see it coming? Any lessons you care to share with us?

I can see the K-1 visa route has its risks. While it's the quickest and simplest visa to get, I can see it may, at times, result in last minute "cold feet" or unplanned "scams of opportunity."

I won't add more "I'm sorries" but let me commend you for your courage and heart to get out there and take some chances and risks. Take a few months to let the wounds heal...then go out and find the lady that's waiting, this very minute, for you to appear in her life.

Hey Visa. I would be glad to share. It will be in a few days though as I'm a little upset and want to think about it a bit more.

Thank you and everyone else for the kind and encouraging comments!

Sorry to hear this one didn't work out, but don't despair, there are plenty of girls on your video and you saw first-hand what is available over there. So this girl changed her mind? So what. Start over and don't look back. You've got a good jump on the "Russian girl" business so give it another shot.

And anyway I don't really think this girl "scammed" you because what's $600 anyway? You spent way more than that going over there to see her (and the other potential girls) and the "scammers" usually get WAY MORE than $600. She probably was genuinely going to "give it a shot" and then changed her mind deciding $600 was a nice parting gift.

Chock this up as a lesson learned, take from it what you know already and apply it to the next one. Rough draft, so to speak. Give it another go, and do it quickly because who knows, maybe there's a girl out there that just got told by some American @$$hole that he's now worked it out with his ex-wife and can't come marry her instead. She'll be looking for a nice guy like you!

Good luck. Keep us posted, and just because this happened doesn't mean you can't come back and be a part of this forum! You have valuable knowledge and experience. Keep it coming! And I expect to see some new posts here soon too!

I agree with everything Slim wrote! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It would be nice to see things before they happen, but this is not how life works. If it did I would like to see the lottery numbers just before the multi-million dollar drawing. There are no guarantees with anything. However, I am sorry to hear this sad news... I feel for you Irish, I really do :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Irish44,

Joe, do you remember your April 1st Joke in this forum?

Well you could say it was a self-fulfilling prophesy.. but whether I did it or not the result would be the same. :(

i see you took the pictures down from your profile. someone commented on them earlier and i wanted to see what that poster was talking about regarding them.

unfortunately, scammers abound in this deal, they are more than happy to take your money and leave you in the dust. however, there is a silver lining to this, believe it or not. she could have gone through with things and decided to beat feet after the 2 year or 10 year green card, and you'd have a lot more money, time, and emotion down the drain, along with being on the hook for the affidavit of support for god knows how long.

as slim posted, there are many women out there that are honest and willing. give it another shot and may the visa be with you. :thumbs:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
#######? :blink:

Ok.. I just talked to the woman who was our translator, who just talked to my ex-fiancee. The fact is that this was a scam. She took the $600.00 I sent her for the Moscow tickets and, no surprise, won't return it. She said that it was a birthday present!

Well.. better $600 now (+ all the money I already spent), than the $2,000 to get her and her daughter here.. then it would have gotten worse.

My feelings are that of shame. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person but got caught in it while I was emotionally vulnerable. Live and learn as they say.

On the other hand, I do feel a sense of relief both emotionally and financially. I am envious of you all and how well it has worked out, but also happy for you.

Take care and thanks for the notes.

Joe

Joe,

Perhaps it was more of a change of heart than a scam.

Did you at least ask for the $600 back?

I know the situation sucks, and I hope you soon forget about her.

from Andrew

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.