Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

well said brother dean! :D:thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Dr J..

I am not going to get too much into the discussion on what you said and how it was unsderstood etc... I am just going to answer your question. I am a Colombian woman married to the most loving a wonderful person who happens to be American. We have been married for 2 years and 3 months now and I am completly happy I did. I think what happens, and I dont want to start a deep discussion here, I am just giving my humble opinon, is that American women dont realize the great men they have (they have always been there) and Colombian men (the macho men) dont realize how great women they have (we have always been there). Now that the world has become smaller, we are being "rediscovered". I found the most loving, sweet, faithful, smart, responsible, honest, dedicated husdand I could have ever found and he found a loving, family oriented, femenine and Hot, just kidding, woman.

I think here, the most important thing to ask is WHY are you guys getting married.. If the answer is other than love, then I understand why you would be concerned.

I have found some differences between me and most American women I know. I am more family oriented, femenine and delicate. I am not saying I am better!! They have some great qualities too. They know what they want and are fun to be with, they are smart and competitive. I learn from them and they learn from me. I also reinforce some of the things I like more about me and my culture. My house is the perfect example of a bicultural "mini society" and how things can change for good. I live with my husband and his 4 kids.. 3 girls and 1 boy. These kids are a blessing for me!! The girls have taught me so much about American life and I teach them about the Latin culture. For example, when I moved here the girls were almost boys, no femenine, no style, no great maners, etc.. And now.. they dance ballet and are the most classy girls I have meet. I also learn to worry less about so many stupid things,to be faster and more efficient. We, Colombian women are very particular on the way we want things done.. jajaja. My girls tell me all the time who I have taught them to we women!! We cook together, we do house work together and girly things together..

It is very important you make your wife feel loved all the time. it is not going to be easy for her just leave everything. She is leaving her life for you.. her family, country etc.. You need to let her know you like her traditons and culture and she will do the same.. I just hope she is not one of those foreigners that come here to complain about things and how things are better back in their countries..

And yes.. I have change... Thanks God I have. I have learn to love things from both cultures and to realize that some of the things I always though as so important are not, I have learned that I was so right when I decided to marry my Ken because each day I love him more and more!!! I really hope she also changes!!!

K1 I-129F (Nebraska) Nov 6, 03

Nov 6, 03 - Mar 5, 04 . Nebraska falls hopelessly behind on K1s

Mar 6, 04 . Married in Colombia...at that point in time appeared that we would be together faster marrying and starting over with a K3.

Mar 6,15, 04 . Honeymoon. and during this time Nebraska processes 4 months of visas in 2 weeks..upon return, we find K1 approved but must start over with K3

I-130 NOA1.. Mailed March 17, 04

I-130..Transfered to California on Sep 29/2004

I-130.. Touched Sep 30/2004

I-130 .. APROVED!!! October 29/2004!!!!! Only one month In California!! Thanks GOD!

K3 I-129F NOA1 March 23, 04

K3 I-129F.. Touched Sep 21, 22, and 23

K3 I-129F OCTOBER 07!!FOUND OUT FROM NVC WE'RE APPROVED AND APPLICATION LEFT NVC FOR THE EMBASSY ApprovalDAY 198September 23? I think so. DAY 198 was a great day.

K3 I-129F October 20, 04. Package 3 recieved at my house

K3 I-129F October 20, 04. Package 3 returned at the Embassy (the same day) we are very fast.

K3 I-129 Dec 09,04 Interview in Bogota..It was so so easy. They did not make questions.

K3 I-129 December 16,04 Recieve passport home

K3 I-129 December 20. My love arrives to pick me up

K3 I-129 December 23. I leave Colombia to Move to USA!!!! IM HOME!!

P.S. I LOVE my wife!!!! She is worth it all!

P.S: Im CRAZY about my husband!! HE IS THE BEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!

Filed: Timeline
Hi Dr J..

I am not going to get too much into the discussion on what you said and how it was unsderstood etc... I am just going to answer your question. I am a Colombian woman married to the most loving a wonderful person who happens to be American. We have been married for 2 years and 3 months now and I am completly happy I did. I think what happens, and I dont want to start a deep discussion here, I am just giving my humble opinon, is that American women dont realize the great men they have (they have always been there) and Colombian men (the macho men) dont realize how great women they have (we have always been there). Now that the world has become smaller, we are being "rediscovered". I found the most loving, sweet, faithful, smart, responsible, honest, dedicated husdand I could have ever found and he found a loving, family oriented, femenine and Hot, just kidding, woman.

I think here, the most important thing to ask is WHY are you guys getting married.. If the answer is other than love, then I understand why you would be concerned.

I have found some differences between me and most American women I know. I am more family oriented, femenine and delicate. I am not saying I am better!! They have some great qualities too. They know what they want and are fun to be with, they are smart and competitive. I learn from them and they learn from me. I also reinforce some of the things I like more about me and my culture. My house is the perfect example of a bicultural "mini society" and how things can change for good. I live with my husband and his 4 kids.. 3 girls and 1 boy. These kids are a blessing for me!! The girls have taught me so much about American life and I teach them about the Latin culture. For example, when I moved here the girls were almost boys, no femenine, no style, no great maners, etc.. And now.. they dance ballet and are the most classy girls I have meet. I also learn to worry less about so many stupid things,to be faster and more efficient. We, Colombian women are very particular on the way we want things done.. jajaja. My girls tell me all the time who I have taught them to we women!! We cook together, we do house work together and girly things together..

It is very important you make your wife feel loved all the time. it is not going to be easy for her just leave everything. She is leaving her life for you.. her family, country etc.. You need to let her know you like her traditons and culture and she will do the same.. I just hope she is not one of those foreigners that come here to complain about things and how things are better back in their countries..

And yes.. I have change... Thanks God I have. I have learn to love things from both cultures and to realize that some of the things I always though as so important are not, I have learned that I was so right when I decided to marry my Ken because each day I love him more and more!!! I really hope she also changes!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I think what happens, and I dont want to start a deep discussion here, I am just giving my humble opinon, is that American women dont realize the great men they have (they have always been there) and Colombian men (the macho men) dont realize how great women they have (we have always been there).

Of course it couldn't be the opposite.... that perhaps American men don't realize the great women they have, or that Colombian women don't realize the great men they have.

:lol: People and their pendejadas :lol:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Of course it couldn't be the opposite.... that perhaps American men don't realize the great women they have, or that Colombian women don't realize the great men they have.

THANK YOU!!!! :idea: What a concept, right?? :yes:

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Timeline

Actually, I was just trying to make a point about how RIDICULOUS it is for people to make sweeping generalizations about ALL the men or ALL the women of an ENTIRE COUNTRY.

But it seems some people actually believe their own hype.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"Is it possible I'm not as fablous as I think I am?"

(nods to Elaine from Seinfeld)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Actually, I was just trying to make a point about how RIDICULOUS it is for people to make sweeping generalizations about ALL the men or ALL the women of an ENTIRE COUNTRY.

Is'nt it interesting to be exposed to all kinds of perspectives on a given issue? That's why I hate for any topic to be hijacked by anyone 'group' :yes: .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All I know is that my Yank girlfriend is good at cooking, laundry, housework etc, she's a great way for me to get into the US so I can become a male prossy and deal drugs. :lol:

Whoo hooo

yeah, rrrrrrrrrright!!!

:lol:

hah.gif

:lol::lol: You two crack me up! I am gonna use male prossy in a sentence! :thumbs:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

:thumbs:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

I assume that hardtodescribe was giving her empirical impressions of the two cultures. :)

:thumbs:

All I know is that my Yank girlfriend is good at cooking, laundry, housework etc, she's a great way for me to get into the US so I can become a male prossy and deal drugs. :lol:

Whoo hooo

yeah, rrrrrrrrrright!!!

:lol:

hah.gif

:lol::lol: You two crack me up! I am gonna use male prossy in a sentence! :thumbs:

I wanna be a male prossy. :thumbs:

Pointer for me, anyone?

Timeline

Is'nt it interesting to be exposed to all kinds of perspectives on a given issue? That's why I hate for any topic to be hijacked by anyone 'group' :yes: .

Oh I think different perspectives are being expressed here quite freely. And many are rather "interesting" indeed :lol:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:o

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.