mich08

assembly questions

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi all! Here I am assembling what seems to be an endless pile of copies and paperwork, and as I come across the four pages of the G-325a I have a question: I needed an extra page for the employment history...do enclose a copy of that for each of the four pages of the G-325a? As I write this I'm thinking yes because I'm assuming each copy is going to a different place within their system or something....my other question is, can anyone give me examples of 1)how your final package looked? 2)what kind of files/folders you put it in- or did you just clip the whole pile and stick it in the ISPs mailing envelope? 3) And for the baggies with pics for evidence did you staple those to something or just clip within the stack? sorry to be ####### and annoying - I've tried to find as much assembly instruction as possible - I really wish the assembling instructions could be even more specific....I'm sure all these answers are somewhere in past forums but I don't have time to search....

Feb. 3, 2007- met JP when he started workin' for me:)

April 12, 2007- he left the country coz his work visa expired

Kept in touch for eight months

December 4, 2007- he returned to work again

May 9, 2008 - he left again after six awesome months together

K1 application

6-9-08 - application sent overnight

6-10-08 -application received by Cali service center

6-12-08 - check cashed!

6-14-08 - NOA1 hardcopy received

10-15-08 - TOUCHED

10-16-08 - TOUCHED - STATUS changed to "Approval has been sent" woo-hoo!

10-20-08 - NOA2 hardcopy received

10-22/23?-08 - NVC received

10-25-08 - NVC letter/notice received

10-29-08 - Package 3 docs received via email

10-31-08 - Sent copies pkg 3 to embassy

11-20-08 - RFE (wrong police cert.)

12-02-08 - RFE #2 (wrong police cert. again)

12-15-08 - FINALLY recieve interview date

1-15-09 - INTERVIEW

1-16-09 - mailed forgotten birth certificate to embassy

1-20-09 - birth cert. received at embassy

1-23-09 - VISA received via DHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-30-09- Juan Pablo flies to US

1-31-09 - I see him after 2 months of being apart!!!

2-04-09 - marriage!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes, make a copy of your additional page for each copy of the G-325A.

I just put everything together, put the check in an envelope, put a cover letter on top and then used a binder clip to put it all together. I separated each section with a piece of colored paper and labeled them. We had no problems :)

The baggies are only for the passport pics. If you are using some pics for evidence I would just tape/staple them to blank sheets of paper and label them. We didn't include pics, but that is what I would do.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I love it. "####### assembly questions." Mine came already assembled. :thumbs:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi all! Here I am assembling what seems to be an endless pile of copies and paperwork, and as I come across the four pages of the G-325a I have a question: I needed an extra page for the employment history...do enclose a copy of that for each of the four pages of the G-325a? As I write this I'm thinking yes because I'm assuming each copy is going to a different place within their system or something....

You assume correctly. :) back in the old days (ie three years ago when I filed :P ) I used the original form, complete with color-coded pages and carbon paper between each sheet. Down on the bottom of each sheet there was a notation indicating which department it went to.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

hia

We had so much paperwork that it had to be organised in some way....

what I did, was buy clear plastic sleeves (that you put in a folder), and a small clear faced report binder to put it all in. I didnt use a sleeve for each sheet of paper, just for each section. For instance, all the photos went in one sleeve, and all the emails went in one sleeve. These sleeves were all tabbed down the side, with a Contents page at the beginning. I highlighted all important dates on tickets and stamps, and relevant records on phone bills, etc. Also put post-its where necessary.... yes, very #######! haha! But the better it looks, the easier it is for them to understand...

Another tip, make sure the petitioner signs EVERYTHING..... extra sheets to forms, photos, cover letter and contents.

:thumbs: good luck!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hia

We had so much paperwork that it had to be organised in some way....

what I did, was buy clear plastic sleeves (that you put in a folder), and a small clear faced report binder to put it all in. I didnt use a sleeve for each sheet of paper, just for each section. For instance, all the photos went in one sleeve, and all the emails went in one sleeve. These sleeves were all tabbed down the side, with a Contents page at the beginning. I highlighted all important dates on tickets and stamps, and relevant records on phone bills, etc. Also put post-its where necessary.... yes, very #######! haha! But the better it looks, the easier it is for them to understand...

Another tip, make sure the petitioner signs EVERYTHING..... extra sheets to forms, photos, cover letter and contents.

:thumbs: good luck!

All those plastic sleaves and report binder were discarded as soon as the envelope was opened. A file was then assembled, so it could sit on the shelf until somebody looked at it. Organized is good. Things that make extra work for staff, like sleeaves and binders are worse than a waist of money and effort because they waist USCIS staff time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I would have to say I was ####### about putting mine together. I punched mine at the top (two hole) and fastened it all with ACCO or prong fasteners. Check was paper clipped to the cover letter. I didn't bind it in any type of folder, but slipped the bound papers into heavy folder and put a rubber band around it to hold it closed. It was just a temporary sleeve they could discard easily. I put that in the Priority Mail envelope from the post office.

Packet organization:

Cover letter was like a table of contents because I listed contents like the VJ sample

Photos- I had some old photo album pages, the clear kind where 3 photos pockets are on a page. I just cut some of those up to make pockets instead of using a zip lock bag. I printed a page with a title and stapled the pocket to it. ie, "I129F Photo of Petitioner Name" or in the case of showing a photo of us together the page would say "Names, Dec. 1, 2007, Rockefeller Center, New York City." I also wrote names, date, location on the back of the photo like suggested. I figured as long as I had to staple the photo to a paper, I would just print the info on the paper.

Tabs/Dividers- I used a few tiny stick on tabs at the bottom to make a few sections. I read somewhere in here they preferred the tabs on the bottom rather than the sides. (Maybe the former adjudicator said that on VJ) Didn't use that many, so not to appear too #######. I put one on the birth certificate copy since that was probably something they would want to find easily to verify. Another tab was on a Proof of Meeting in Person section. I made a brief summary on the page starting that section. It said:

I-129F Documentation of Having Met in Person (the title). "I have met
Name
on
X
occasions as noted below. I submit the listed documentation in the pages following this summary." (and I signed and dated that.) This list just had date, port of entry, documentation item. So it might say Jan 6-Jan 15, 2007; Newark, NJ; airline receipt, boarding pass, photo

I did that summary page just so they could have an at-a-glance view of meetings and it gave me something to stick the divider tab on.

I put my signature/date on pages like copies of passport stamps, but don't know why. Overkill I guess.

Highlighting- Like a previous comment, I also highlighted everything of importance like dates, or airports, etc.

Good luck. Make a duplicate copy or two of the whole thing in case they lose it or you forgot what you sent and want to remember.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ROFL... umm.. the title made me "speechless" or do I just have a dirtier mind?

post-43554-1212874778_thumb.jpg

Footprints of Love

02/01/2007: Met Annie on www.baihe.com

After chatting almost daily online, exchanging emails (150+ in five months) and countless SMSes...

06/28/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-)

07/04/2007: Met Annie's parents (very nervous)

07/10/2007: Introduced Annie to my parents (her turn to be nervous!)

07/14/2007: Departing from Shanghai :-(

Again, more emails and SMSes, plus phone calls (almost twice a day!!)...

12/19/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-)

12/24/2007 (Xmas Eve): Engaged!!

1/1/2008: Departing again :-( :-(

2/1/2008: Send the entire I-129F package to USCIS California Service Center

2/6/2008: Received the NOA1

2/6/2008 - Present: Checking status and VJ timeline daily!

5/16/2008: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-) :-)

5/18/2008: Dresses picking day (for photo shoot next day)

5/19/2008: Photo shoot day! Twelve hours long and 232 pictures taken

5/20/2008: Photo picking day... Ten hours long and 50 pictures selected

5/21/2008: Traveled to Putuo Mountain and prayed to the Goddesses

5/25/2008: Missed my flight and stole an extra day with Annie :-) :-) :-)

5/26/2008: Departing again :-( :-( :-(

6/16/2008: Received the NOA2!!!! Yipee!!

7/11/2008: NVC has received the case and assigned it with a GUZ #.

7/17/2008: NVC Rep. informed me the case has been forwarded to GUZ consulate.

Phone Record (from Jan 1st, 2008) $240.76 14104 min.

9/9/2008: Package received by GZ Consulate.

9/25/2008: P3 Received

10/6/2008: P3 Mailed

4990.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I used a two-hole puncher and a Prong fastener to assemble the package (see the picture of our I-129 package (copy)). As of the original I sent to the USCIS, I put the G-325A pictures and other personal photos ( as a proof of an ongoing relationship) in a sandwich bag and attached it to the front of this package.

post-43554-1212875092_thumb.jpg

Edited by beijing.qifan

Footprints of Love

02/01/2007: Met Annie on www.baihe.com

After chatting almost daily online, exchanging emails (150+ in five months) and countless SMSes...

06/28/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-)

07/04/2007: Met Annie's parents (very nervous)

07/10/2007: Introduced Annie to my parents (her turn to be nervous!)

07/14/2007: Departing from Shanghai :-(

Again, more emails and SMSes, plus phone calls (almost twice a day!!)...

12/19/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-)

12/24/2007 (Xmas Eve): Engaged!!

1/1/2008: Departing again :-( :-(

2/1/2008: Send the entire I-129F package to USCIS California Service Center

2/6/2008: Received the NOA1

2/6/2008 - Present: Checking status and VJ timeline daily!

5/16/2008: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-) :-)

5/18/2008: Dresses picking day (for photo shoot next day)

5/19/2008: Photo shoot day! Twelve hours long and 232 pictures taken

5/20/2008: Photo picking day... Ten hours long and 50 pictures selected

5/21/2008: Traveled to Putuo Mountain and prayed to the Goddesses

5/25/2008: Missed my flight and stole an extra day with Annie :-) :-) :-)

5/26/2008: Departing again :-( :-( :-(

6/16/2008: Received the NOA2!!!! Yipee!!

7/11/2008: NVC has received the case and assigned it with a GUZ #.

7/17/2008: NVC Rep. informed me the case has been forwarded to GUZ consulate.

Phone Record (from Jan 1st, 2008) $240.76 14104 min.

9/9/2008: Package received by GZ Consulate.

9/25/2008: P3 Received

10/6/2008: P3 Mailed

4990.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline
All those plastic sleaves and report binder were discarded as soon as the envelope was opened. A file was then assembled, so it could sit on the shelf until somebody looked at it. Organized is good. Things that make extra work for staff, like sleeaves and binders are worse than a waist of money and effort because they waist USCIS staff time.

i hadn't seen anything like this before - matter of fact i saw someone mention putting their package in a three ring binder w/ sleeves and thought that was a brilliant idea, nothing can get lost - so that's the way i was prepping my package.

but to confirm - once the package arrives at the service center - they will strip away the three ring binder and all the nice sleeves/sheet protectors, leaving just the paperwork itself? correct?

and my three ring binder was going to be SO easy for them to get through. :)

[but to confirm - once the package arrives at the service center - they will strip away the three ring binder and all the nice sleeves/sheet protectors, leaving just the paperwork itself? correct?

That is correct. They can't file everybody's pretty purple binders in their file system. Just the papers. Mine looked exactly like the picture above. I believe they punch at the top and put in their standard file folder. You just save them time by punching is my total guess and putting on the fastener keeps it together. I'm sure they will take anything, but will have to spend time taking it apart. My NOA1 was 1 day after arrival. Don't know if my submission made it faster or that was a fluke. Maybe there's a person assigned to taking apart all the plastic and binders and when they get finished, they pass it on to the receipt giver. I am totally making all that part up.

Here's the link about assembly found right here in Visa Journey. You should read every single thing in the guides tab. Look at every link. Read the Visa FAQ tab. Those are blue at the top of the page. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=assembly

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline
[but to confirm - once the package arrives at the service center - they will strip away the three ring binder and all the nice sleeves/sheet protectors, leaving just the paperwork itself? correct?

That is correct. They can't file everybody's pretty purple binders in their file system. Just the papers. Mine looked exactly like the picture above. I believe they punch at the top and put in their standard file folder. You just save them time by punching is my total guess and putting on the fastener keeps it together. I'm sure they will take anything, but will have to spend time taking it apart. My NOA1 was 1 day after arrival. Don't know if my submission made it faster or that was a fluke. Maybe there's a person assigned to taking apart all the plastic and binders and when they get finished, they pass it on to the receipt giver. I am totally making all that part up.

Here's the link about assembly found right here in Visa Journey. You should read every single thing in the guides tab. Look at every link. Read the Visa FAQ tab. Those are blue at the top of the page. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=assembly

wow - many thanks! i thought i had read everything but apparently not. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

wow - many thanks! i thought i had read everything but apparently not. :)

Furthermore, there was a long post from a forum member that used to work at the uscis or whatever the place is where they receive all the i129f applications; his post described what he used to do when he got the 129f applications, and he also happened to hava sent his own application for a k1 visa. After reading his post, i ended up not using the fasteners recommended on this site, but i used that big black (metal) fastener, and that's how all my papers got mailed; i did follow the other site instructions about the passport pics in a bag, etc....But what i didn't do was punching holes in the documents and doing the acco binders.

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

HEY! You guys are all awesome and I'm feeling much more at ease with sending off the application for my honey TOMORROW!! (woo-hoo!)....And I apologize for any misconceptions that might have occurred with the title of my original message......I didn't realize it would pull up articles about ####### intercourse with animals! GROSS!!! That was the furthest thing from my mind....haaa....I guess I'll just keep it simple from here on out - but at least I got your attention! Thanks for your advice! :thumbs:

Feb. 3, 2007- met JP when he started workin' for me:)

April 12, 2007- he left the country coz his work visa expired

Kept in touch for eight months

December 4, 2007- he returned to work again

May 9, 2008 - he left again after six awesome months together

K1 application

6-9-08 - application sent overnight

6-10-08 -application received by Cali service center

6-12-08 - check cashed!

6-14-08 - NOA1 hardcopy received

10-15-08 - TOUCHED

10-16-08 - TOUCHED - STATUS changed to "Approval has been sent" woo-hoo!

10-20-08 - NOA2 hardcopy received

10-22/23?-08 - NVC received

10-25-08 - NVC letter/notice received

10-29-08 - Package 3 docs received via email

10-31-08 - Sent copies pkg 3 to embassy

11-20-08 - RFE (wrong police cert.)

12-02-08 - RFE #2 (wrong police cert. again)

12-15-08 - FINALLY recieve interview date

1-15-09 - INTERVIEW

1-16-09 - mailed forgotten birth certificate to embassy

1-20-09 - birth cert. received at embassy

1-23-09 - VISA received via DHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-30-09- Juan Pablo flies to US

1-31-09 - I see him after 2 months of being apart!!!

2-04-09 - marriage!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.