GaryC

What did you do for Memorial Day?

32 posts in this topic

We had a good weekend. All three of us had the whole weekend off and had a great time. We focused mainly on letting Luz practice her driving. She is getting quite good at it. Up until this week she has mainly driven in neighborhoods and to and from her work. This week we stepped it up a notch. Yesterday she drove through downtown East Peoria and to Walmart for her eye appointment. Then she drove us to a nice Chinese buffet for dinner. She did very well. Today she really got some practice. She drove almost 30 miles through heavy traffic to a mall on the other side of Peoria. We did some shopping for her. She got some really cute summer clothes, a pair of shorty shorts, :devil: and a tank top, :devil: :devil: , some shoes and a purse to match. She looks really good in the shorts and tank top! Then she drove on the interstate (first time she did that) all the way home. I think with a little more practice she will be ready for her test. She needs to work on her close in driving (parking lots, backing and getting into tight parking spots) and she needs to be a little more smooth with maintaining her speed on the highway.

After we got home we got the mustang out, put the top down and went for a 2 hour drive through the country. We had the stereo blasting away and had a great time in the beautiful sunshine. Right now I am teaching Luz how to carve leather. She did good for her first try. It isn't as easy as it looks she found out.

So that was our weekend. What did you all do?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had a really enjoyable real Ukrainian dinner with another VJ couple who live nearby on Saturday, did a lot of work in the garden, bought a barbeque grill we had been looking at with our incentive cheque money, ran a lot of errands, then today drove down to High Falls State Park, set up our blanket and lounge chairs under a spreading Hickory tree overlooking the falls coming over the dam, enjoyed our picnic lunch and read for a few hours before driving home to a leisurely dinner including the first green beans harvested from our garden. A relaxing and enjoyable weekend all around.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Jon and I took a little road trip to Las Cruces (from Phoenix) to visit an old friend of mine. It was great fun. Las Cruces isn't the most thriving metropolis, but it's not without its charms and has a great brewpub with extremely potent IPA. Yesterday we went to White Sands, which was spectacular. I'll post a picture or two tomorrow. I think I'm still squinting!

For you road trip geeks: We took the scenic route back. Instead of taking I-10 straight to Phoenix, we got on 70 from Lordsburg (a weird little place in its own right), and took that all the way to 60, through Superior and Globe, then to Phoenix. I think it only added about 30 minutes to the trip.

It's nice to drive through some of the more remote parts of AZ. My brother lived down in the borderlands for the past eight years, so I used to go down to Sierra Vista/Bisbee/Tombstone pretty regularly. It's cool how you don't have to travel very far outside the big cities before the landscape is completely different, and you're in the middle of nowhere. I seem to remember that there is a place called Nowhere, AZ, on the way to Vegas, but it might not be a real town.

Ramble, ramble.

I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Jon and I took a little road trip to Las Cruces (from Phoenix) to visit an old friend of mine. It was great fun. Las Cruces isn't the most thriving metropolis, but it's not without its charms and has a great brewpub with extremely potent IPA. Yesterday we went to White Sands, which was spectacular. I'll post a picture or two tomorrow. I think I'm still squinting!

For you road trip geeks: We took the scenic route back. Instead of taking I-10 straight to Phoenix, we got on 70 from Lordsburg (a weird little place in its own right), and took that all the way to 60, through Superior and Globe, then to Phoenix. I think it only added about 30 minutes to the trip.

It's nice to drive through some of the more remote parts of AZ. My brother lived down in the borderlands for the past eight years, so I used to go down to Sierra Vista/Bisbee/Tombstone pretty regularly. It's cool how you don't have to travel very far outside the big cities before the landscape is completely different, and you're in the middle of nowhere. I seem to remember that there is a place called Nowhere, AZ, on the way to Vegas, but it might not be a real town.

Ramble, ramble.

Did you get to see the thriving metro area of T or C :lol:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Ramble, ramble.

Did you get to see the thriving metro area of T or C :lol:

Not this time, sadly, but perhaps on a subsequent trip!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

lets see...i went to the grocery store and then came home and cooked hotdogs and hot sausage on the grill and thats about the highlight of the day. other then that just sat around playing online games, naping, watching tv. husband studied most of teh day until my mom came with her computer for him to figure out and get running again for her. then he napped and studied some more.

sunday we had a party for my brother at my parents house cuz my brother came home from california. very nice seeing him again.

My wife and I hosted our Memorial Day Family Get Together at our place. There was plenty of Filipino food, great music, and celebration. As always, we began the celebration by praying for all of the fallen solders from times passed and for all the brave men and women who make our way of life possible. In addition, we pray for our forefathers who died fighting for the social and economical equalities that we now enjoy. It was another very enjoyable day of freedom.

May God bless America!

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

My hubby left for a week on business so as soon as I waved him off, I ordered the hottest Indian curry, put a large bottle of wine in the fridge and watched chick flicks :D Then played WoW into the early hours :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

nothing yesterday, but sunday I took my son to lazy 5 ranch, a 'drive through' zoo where you can feed the animals and stuff, he liked it for a while, then he got hungry and tired, and, didn't care anymore lolol.. but it was a nice place, it's located in Mooresville NC

2522465397_139edf73c6_m.jpg

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We went and bet on some horses, did some b-b-quing, went to see Indiana Jones, did some summer shopping, and went out to eat. A nice weekend all the way around.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Spent most of the weekend following our new puppy, Martha, around the house.

puppy picture?

Edited by tom&tata

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up