aravis227

Are you a geek, too?

23 posts in this topic

Dennis and I met while playing WoW and I've met quite a few other people here who play and whose fiance/e's play. I was thinking that it might be fun to start up a VJ based WoW guild on one of the servers. Would anyone else be interested? I usually play alliance, but I'm fairly indifferent as to which side we have the guild on. I just thought it would be something fun that we could all do together, along with our fiance/e's, as a community. :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Front & Center... Wow Geek reporting for geekiness...

While I met BMJ playing EQ2 I now (having beta'd many many many many MMO's) have settled in Wow for a while. I do keep trying to get her playing wow :devil: but so far she has resisted the addiction !! :thumbs:

Im Currently on Khadgar. Under Tassian, Tassraen, Whipper or Phunbags (being a US server the GMS's have not yet got the meaning behind the last name :P, Dang sometimes I love being a Brit) I might be up for a bit of casual gaming. Horde OR Alliance Lemme know.

PS I do mean casual as Im studying hard to get more Qualifications to help me get a nice big juicy IT job in the US.

Wishing I was there : Instead of Here

Wishing I was with the One I love : Instead of Here

Waiting Patiently Oh So patiently : For Everything to become Clear

While I met BMJ playing EQ2 I now (having beta'd many many many many MMO's) have settled in Wow for a while. I do keep trying to get her playing wow :devil: but so far she has resisted the addiction !! :thumbs:

Im Currently on Khadgar. Under Tassian, Tassraen, Whipper or Phunbags (being a US server the GMS's have not yet got the meaning behind the last name :P, Dang sometimes I love being a Brit) I might be up for a bit of casual gaming. Horde OR Alliance Lemme know.

PS I do mean casual as Im studying hard to get more Qualifications to help me get a nice big juicy IT job in the US.

I'm on Terenas normally...I don't really care where we put the guild (assuming we can get enough people interested). My only request is a non PvP realm...I don't mind the occasional PvP, but I prefer questing/raiding/etc.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm on Terenas normally...I don't really care where we put the guild (assuming we can get enough people interested). My only request is a non PvP realm...I don't mind the occasional PvP, but I prefer questing/raiding/etc.

You gotta love PVP - for the most part you're safe, depending on where you quest. But if we get a bunch of VJ guildies starting out together we can stay safe. I can crank through the Alliance quests pretty quickly (having done most of them a couple of times), the horde side takes a bit longer cause I'm new on that side.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I confess, I am a computer gaming geek!

Sigh... yes Xaos has tried to get me to play WoW, and yes I have resisted temptation. EQ1 spoiled me, I tend to be more of a hardcore player, I want a big challenge. I also would like to find a game that I could start playing when the game is just coming out. I beta tested Horizons and EQ2, but left EQ2 when they started making it more like WoW (more for casual players). I do like online computer games, but I am more or less looking for a new one that has a lot of promise. In EQ2 my main was a templar and I played our guides main healer, in EQ1 my mains were warrior, druid, and ranger.

With university, work, kids, trying to handle not having Mark (Xaos) here, and planning the wedding, it seems like there isnt enough time in the day.

To be honest, I have a bit of an adictive personality, and I can not settle for just being a casual player like Xaos can. I do plan on getting back into gaming when I have more time to devote to it. Another reason I left EQ2 was that I started skipping class because we were raiding (I played on a Euro server in eq2, in eq1 I played in a german guild) so the time was always messed up for me. When my grades at university starting falling and I had our guild leader starting to tell me to call in to work sick because they needed me as I was their lead hearer I figured it was time to leave.

So while I dont play wow... keep me posted for new upcoming games (better if they are going to come out in '09). And maybe we can all play there :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London UK

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

*Touched* : 2008-07-17

*Touched* : 2008-07-18

*Touched* : 2008-07-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : Website says its been APPROVED!!! 2008-07-31

NOA2 recieved in mail: 2008-08-07

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : October 9th APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : October 11th

US Entry : October 11th

Marriage :October 15th

So...I got thinking about this and was talking to Dennis about it last night. He pointed out that it costs gold to start a guild, so I think that it makes the most sense to start the guild on a server where one of us is already established. I'm willing to put up the gold to get our guild started and I'll outfit our new toons in 14-slot bags if we want to start on Terenas. If anyone is interested please create an alliance toon on Terenas and send an in-game mail to Revis letting me know who you are. I'll try to be on as much as possible this weekend to make sure everyone who is interested gets invited. :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

*waves* Geek here!!!

Nick and I met playing City of Heroes, fell in love on WoW <3

LOL

:)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry no WoW for me. My ex husband left me for a 300 lb married chick he met on WoW.....

While it turned out to be a good thing... I hate that game!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ex WoW addict here.. I mean player :P

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Im up for a toon On terenas, It'll be a few lvl's till I can mail yah. I hate running as a gnomer. Im Hailed as xaosbringer (I just like the name :P) Gnome warlock. If you dont see me on I can be reached through my hotmail. Im always there regardless of the server I play on.

Wishing I was there : Instead of Here

Wishing I was with the One I love : Instead of Here

Waiting Patiently Oh So patiently : For Everything to become Clear

Hello everyone :D I have been playing for around 18 months, I stopped my US account in January and switched to the EU servers (started all over again <scream>) because of the time differences. But I shall be reactivating my US account when we get to the US in September :dance:

We did set up a VJ guild on Stormrage <Notice of Action> but I had to leave pretty early on, don't know if they still play or not.

Setting up a new guild is fun! Maybe I'll hop on my son's US account and join you. Good luck :thumbs:

Anyway this is the link if you're interested in reading...having someone established on a realm will be a lot easier for sure.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99097

Im up for a toon On terenas, It'll be a few lvl's till I can mail yah. I hate running as a gnomer. Im Hailed as xaosbringer (I just like the name :P) Gnome warlock. If you dont see me on I can be reached through my hotmail. Im always there regardless of the server I play on.

Warlocks FTW! :) I forgot about how many starting areas don't have their own mailbox...you can PM me here with your toon name or just put it in this thread. :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Gaming Geek here, I play EQ1 though, and have since 2001. I tried WoW this year, and couldn't get into it at all :(

Dawn.

Dawny(UK) and Tommy(South Carolina) The Journey Begins!!

- January 17, 2007 - Sent I-129F

- January 23, 2007 - I-129F received at TSC!

- January 30, 2007 - NOA1 sent!

- February 1, 2007 - Touched!

- February 2, 2007 - Cheque cashed by CSC!

- February 5, 2007 - Tommy received NOA1 (Hard copy!) Yay!

- April 5, 2007 - Tommy is coming to me for 12 days yay!! :)

- Impatiently waiting!

- April 27, 2007 - NOA2!! :)

- April 28, 2007 - Touched, oh my!

- May 11, 2007 - NVC receives our stuffs :)

- May 15, 2007 - NVC Sends our stuffs to London, yay! :)

- May 29, 2007 - Packet 3 received.

- June 7 , 2007 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

- July 11, 2007 - Received Packet 4.

- August 16, 2007 - Interview at 10AM :)

- March 19, 2008 - Court allows permission to take my daughter to live in the US! :)

- March 31, 2008 - Sent Passports and documents to the Embassy. Waiting for Visas...

- April 10, 2008 - Visas in hand!!! Omgosh!!

- June 23, 2008 - Going home to my man, finally :) POE (ATL)

- 08-08-08 - Wedding :)

- 08-21-10 - 2 year Green Card received! :)

I never take too much persuasion to start a new toon :lol: Although my goal was to get my priest into Outland this weekend, ah well, she can wait :P

So Im Eilwen, a lvl 5 NE priest :D Slaughtering Thistle Boars

Never heard of it... The only WOW I experience is in the bed room. :blush:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.