LuciansGirl

Visa DENIED!!! I need your help

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

My fiance just called me from Barbados. The denied his visa because the consulate officer said that he wasn't convinced that we have a bonafide relationship. He questioned why I wasn't with him at the interview. He told them I have to work.

I sent my fiance 1" thick worth of evidence. Phone call receipts, boarding passes, money transfer receipts, pictures, emails, cards, and all of my financial documents. I sent EVERYTHING that they could possibly want or need. The CO said he is not convinced and told my fiance that he is denying it and that I should speak to the USCIS here in the US.

Please help me.....what can I do at this point? I don't understand why they denied him because I sent a lot of evidence and we do have a bona fide relationship. The CO did not give my fiance anything back. What happens next? How can an individual decide our fate?

Please help me....I am so desperate. I do not know what to do next. I am beside myself and sitting here in shock and disbelief.

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that it must be really stressful for you right now (F) I don´t know what you can do but perhaps you can try speaking to USCIS see what thy advice you. If nothing helps in the end, you could as well go and get married in his country and then apply for K3 or CR1. Good luck (F) (F) (F)

Oh poo. This got moved while I was trying to reply and now I do not have enough time to retype it. For now, all I will say is I am sooooooooo sorry that is happening to you. I was obviously hoping for a much different update.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The form.....and without knowing the particulars of how your relationship went, I can't make a response as to what I think is missing.

I would call everyone I could think of till I got some answers.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

My fiance said the CO didn't give him any form. I'll call him and get the exact details.

AOS Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Whatever you do try to keep your petition in Barbados! As mentioned above, it all depends on what the 'reason' for denial was. You may need to hire a lawyer. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Keep faith!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this! Hang in there!

Hopefully, you'll be able to give us more info. on what the CO said and gave to your fiance, we'll be able to advise you better.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

My fiance said the CO kept asking about our phone calls to each other. I sent sufficient phone records and i highlighted our calls to each other. The thing is that I use phone cards everytime I call him and it will not show his number as the number being called. Instead, it shows the access number for the phonecards. The CO said that we only talk 10 minutes each time. Which is complete bullshit cuz we talk for hours every day. The CO told my fiance that he is not convinced and that he thinks we are doing this for immigration purposes only and for me to talk to USCIS here or I could give him a call. He also told my fiance that "this is not over yet" but he did not give my fiance a form stating reason for denial or anything.

I am going to call Barbados Embassy to see if I could speak to the CO who interviewed my fiance. I am so upset right now.

I also sent a couple of emails to the Immigration assistant in Barbados.

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
If the CO said you should call him, then do that immediately.

Did your fiance' leave the embassy with his passport?

I called and he's in a meeting. I will call him again in 30 minutes.

Yes, the CO gave him back his passport. Nothing else besides that. They retained our papers.

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, definitely call the CO directly if you can. If that doesn't do a trick, please provide a detailed report as close to verbatim as possible of the interview. If the CO gave any written response whatsoever, tell us what it says exactly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Yes, definitely call the CO directly if you can. If that doesn't do a trick, please provide a detailed report as close to verbatim as possible of the interview. If the CO gave any written response whatsoever, tell us what it says exactly.

I called and the CO is still conducting interviews. The lady on the phone said to call at in 25 minutes (the office closes in 30 mins). The CO asked my fiance questions about me, which he answered correctly. He also showed the CO all our correspondence and tons of pictures. The CO scrutinized everything but he kept asking about the phone calls. My fiance told him that we both use phone cards and his number won't show on my bills. His number only shows as an incoming call on my phonebills but those were calls were short - max 10 minutes. The long calls, I had used phonecards which only shows the access numbers of those phonecards. The CO then said "sorry, I'm denying this visa". My fiance pleaded with him and told him how much we love each other but the CO was not having it. He told my fiance this is "not over yet". CO did not give my fiance any form - only his passport back.

I am hoping I can talk to the CO today and ask him what else he needs from us. Please keep us in your prayers....we need it so desperately right now.

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

One of my wife's friend was also denied her K1 visa because the examiner didn't believe the relationship was genuine - she was told to have him come for the interview - she rescheduled the interview and he went with her. The second time she was issued the visa - they did ask both of them several questions relating to their meetings etc. Perhaps her 1 year old request for a visitor's visa with a sponsorship by another man may have been the reason for earlier denial. I would suggest, schedule another interview and go this time. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

Thank you for all your responses.

I just talked to the immigration assistant, Monica Maxwell and she said not to worry, it's not the end of the world. I sent Monica a couple of emails after I found out about the denial and told me that she will forward my emails to the CO who interviewed my fiance. She told me to expect a reply directly from the CO this week and he will tell me what else he needs. I asked if our file will be sent back....she said that the CO will retain our file until he gets back whatever he needs from me.

I feel a little better and if a second interview needs to be scheduled, I will be there with my fiance. I will keep you guys posted. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.