LuciansGirl

Visa DENIED!!! I need your help

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello LuciansGirl.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.

But, please hang in there!

We are still waiting for our NOA2 from CSC over 7 months now. We got an RFE after 7 months and they have not sent out RFE letter yet after two weeks since it was issued. So how many more months do we have to wait?.We do not know. It is like a nightmare. But!!! we are still alive here with spirit to survive through this nightmare. So, please survive though this hardship. You can make it. It may take a little while for you to solve what has happened to your case. But, it will be solved, so hang in there.

I will hope the best of the best for you. It will be all ok, so stay strong and positive.

Nao

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for your sake, that this is just something that can be resolved like my issue. If he needs to go back, go with him. They are so full of it. They were acting like they wanted to deny my case also. The woman asked me how does she know this isnt all just for a visa, since he applied before and was denied. She didnt even look at my evidence. They just decide peoples lives on a whim. It is soo crazy.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I cannot believe how ignorant some of the CO's are....

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Hello LuciansGirl.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.

But, please hang in there!

We are still waiting for our NOA2 from CSC over 7 months now. We got an RFE after 7 months and they have not sent out RFE letter yet after two weeks since it was issued. So how many more months do we have to wait?.We do not know. It is like a nightmare. But!!! we are still alive here with spirit to survive through this nightmare. So, please survive though this hardship. You can make it. It may take a little while for you to solve what has happened to your case. But, it will be solved, so hang in there.

I will hope the best of the best for you. It will be all ok, so stay strong and positive.

Nao

Thank you, Nao. Best of luck to you guys too. I am hoping that you get your NOA2 very soon. Thank you for your kind words.

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Timeline
I'm hoping for your sake, that this is just something that can be resolved like my issue. If he needs to go back, go with him. They are so full of it. They were acting like they wanted to deny my case also. The woman asked me how does she know this isnt all just for a visa, since he applied before and was denied. She didnt even look at my evidence. They just decide peoples lives on a whim. It is soo crazy.

I really hope so, lucy. I am prepared that if I have to fly out, I will do so. For now, I'm printing out ALL my phone records and I just faxed a notarized request to release my full phone records to this online site I used to purchase phone cards....it will show date, number I called, and the duration of each call. My fiance said the CO told him he's not convinced and that we are just doing this for immigration purposes. I wonder if he's ever been in love before.....and to be separated by oceans from the one you love.....I guess he won't understand. I'll keep praying and I will also pray for that particular CO.

Thank you.

I am so sorry to hear this happened to u but i have faith and i believe it will all get worked out fast ur in my prayers...........just kind of take strength from everyone on here that knows a great deal about this kind of thing im sure that they are a jack pot full of very valuable information :) in a few weeks u going to look back on this and think wow finally we did it........ :)

sara

estadia, I will keep you guys in my prayers as well....you've waited sooo long for your NOA2. I hope you get it really soon. Thank you very much for your words of encouragement.

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

The support I get from everyone in this site has been INCREDIBLE and you guys are keeping me strong.

We will not give up....we'll be prepared for whatever the CO wants.

Thank you so much for all your reassurance. I really do appreciate it.

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am a little confused on this one. First let me start by telling you that my husband's visa was denied. They are required to issue you either a visa or a 221g, or I think a 212g (can't remember that one) at the end of the interview. From what I remember the 212 is a hard denial. The 221g (this is the one we got) is a soft denial. This only means that something more is needed before they issue a visa. This one can range from needing more documents to Administrative processing (which is pretty standard) to a return to the USCIS (which is more severe). They didn't give this to you, which is what confuses me. They told you to contact the USCIS which is indicitive of a return. I can't make heads or tails of it.

The best advice is to contact either your congressman or senator ASAP to assist you before the case is sent back, if that is their intention. Perhaps it is that all they want is more proof of communication, and if you can give them anything solid that would be great. Unfortunately calling cards won't work. Do you have any chat logs from Yahoo or MSN?

The next best advice that I haven't read is to gather up quickly letters of support from family and friends of you and your fiance that can verify that you are indeed a couple. If you can give these to the senator/congressman to send to the consulate this may help.

If all of these things fail you can read this link that is based on returned petitions. It is very detailed, but it can give you guidance if needed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for this post, M4E.

I hesitate to give advice I am unsure of. I was 99% positive that a denial is accompanied by paper proof, but I wasn't sure what to advise LG regarding her fiance's lack of any.

Like you I'm concerned about the case being returned to the US, which is the kiss of death for the petition should that occur.

I am a little confused on this one. First let me start by telling you that my husband's visa was denied. They are required to issue you either a visa or a 221g, or I think a 212g (can't remember that one) at the end of the interview. From what I remember the 212 is a hard denial. The 221g (this is the one we got) is a soft denial. This only means that something more is needed before they issue a visa. This one can range from needing more documents to Administrative processing (which is pretty standard) to a return to the USCIS (which is more severe). They didn't give this to you, which is what confuses me. They told you to contact the USCIS which is indicitive of a return. I can't make heads or tails of it.

The best advice is to contact either your congressman or senator ASAP to assist you before the case is sent back, if that is their intention. Perhaps it is that all they want is more proof of communication, and if you can give them anything solid that would be great. Unfortunately calling cards won't work. Do you have any chat logs from Yahoo or MSN?

The next best advice that I haven't read is to gather up quickly letters of support from family and friends of you and your fiance that can verify that you are indeed a couple. If you can give these to the senator/congressman to send to the consulate this may help.

If all of these things fail you can read this link that is based on returned petitions. It is very detailed, but it can give you guidance if needed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Timeline

I was very confused myself but after talking to my fiance last night, I asked him if the CO said "denied". He said, no....the CO said "I'm sorry, I can't issue the visa". He didn't give my fiance a letter or a form stating what should be done or if we are indeed denied. But he also told my fiance that I should call the immigration office in the US. So I'm confused. Although when I spoke with the Immigration Visa assistant yesterday, I asked her if our case will be sent back to the US. She assured me that the CO will hold on to our file until he gets what is needed from us. But why did he not give my fiance anything that states what else they need??? Or a form stating a denial?? It's crazy.

I can begin to collect letters from my friends and also from his family regarding the authenticity of our relationship. I will wait until tomorrow for the CO's email....If I don't get one, I will email them back on Friday and I will keep calling to find out what needs to be done on my end. The CO sounds like a complete jerk, just looking for an excuse to deny us.

Thank you for your advice M4E. I will collect those letters now so I am ready for the next step. I've also sent a notarized request for my full phone records from this online site I bought thousands of $ worth of phone cards...it will have the date, number, and duration of each calls I made to my fiance. I should get my full record within 24 hours.

Edited by LuciansGirl

AOS Timeline:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

See what your state rep can find out for you also

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

This is very important.

My gut feelings tell me that it was not denied, but is undergoing normal AP, but without that form there is no guarantee. Your rep can get more info.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

I'm so sorry to be so clueless with this matter. Do I just write my state rep a letter/email explaning the situation?

AOS Timeline:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You write and or call, they will send u a form so they can be acquainted with your case and problems. Tell them your case details and ask them what you would like for them to check into, sometimes it takes a while and a little checking to find one that will take interest, they can get answers sometimes we cant.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

This is very important.

My gut feelings tell me that it was not denied, but is undergoing normal AP, but without that form there is no guarantee. Your rep can get more info.

Yes, the fact that my fiance was not given a form really confuses me. The CO gave him back his passport and Form DS-157, nothing else. He retained everything else. I'm hoping we are just under AP.

Is it possible that the form will be mailed or emailed? Is it standard procedure that if they need anything else or if it is a denial, that they have to give it to the applicant after the interview?

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

I would google your states congressman and senators office first. There are 2 congressmen and senators per state. Then look over their website to see if they sit on any committees for immigration. If you see that they sit on these committees this one would be the best to pick, but by all means feel free to contact all if you want. You can send them an e-mail or call them, but they should have a form that you need to sign and fax giving them your permission to call and ask questions on your behalf. I think if it were me I would call them, but print that form and have it ready to fax. If you tell them that they never gave you any form telling you the outcome of the case I would think that would spark them to move a little faster since it is a requirement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.