Kajikit

Help!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I've killed our kitchen sink :( It was running very sluggishly so I scrubbed it out with bicarbonate of soda and then put some down the plughole, washed down with vinegar and boiling water. That's supposed to clear away the grease buildup in the drain and let it go more smoothly... only one problem - it didn't work! The rinsing sink is perfectly clear and clean and water runs down it just fine, but the washing sink didn't drain and all that happened was a little bit of grunge floated up out of the plughole! (GROSS!)

Do I have to call a plumber, or is there some way to fix it ourselves?

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

if the pipes are plastic not hard to fix...are they plastic under the sink?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

our sink got clogged recently...we just bought some extra strength drano and it worked perfectly! not sure if yours is a different problem but I'd definitely try drano etc first before considering calling anyone.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Does the side that is clogged have a garbage disposal on it? Mine does, and tends to get clogged VERY easily. Frankly I'd like to have it removed one day, but I'll put that on Chas' very LONG 'to do' list when he moves here. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I'd go with Christina and try the Drano or Liquid Plumber route 1st...good luck Karen!!! M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Timeline

No we don't have a disposal... stupid things that they are! I think the grease has just built up because my new 'extra-gentle' dishwashing shampoo stuff isn't strong enough to dissolve it all when it runs down the drain. I just phond DH and asked him to buy some draino on his way home... now to see if he remembers!

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

hopefully it'll be working good again soon! Ours clogged on Easter! :wacko: We had gotten home late from my parents and I started rinsing things off and the water clogged and was nasty. We had to go out at about 11pm to get the drano! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have you tried to use a bathroom plunger on it to get some suction? I know this might help and then use the liquid plumber. Good luck.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

We don't have a plunger... there's never been a need for it!

I got down and had a closer examination of the underside of the sink... and it solved a minor mystery - I was wondering how the right-hand sink could get all grunged up and blocked while the left-hand sink still drains perfectly... the answer is that the sink does not have a U-bend as such. The pipes are metal, and the left-hand pipe goes straight down into the floor. The righthand sink is of course about a foot over from it, and the pipe is shaped like a flat L - the water goes into the plughole and then has to flow sideways for about a foot before it goes into the straight-down pipe! So it's not surprising that it could get a grease clog :( The question now is how do I get rid of it, and how do I keep it from happening again?

It also suggests that there is no connection at all between the kitchen plumbing and the bathroom plumbing... they're seperate units entirely.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh! Our sink clogged up on thanksgiving AND Easter. Fun times. I agree, try draino if it works you save money on a plumber!

Ours was the disposal that keeps getting clogged, and it always picks the worst time!

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We don't have a plunger... there's never been a need for it!

I got down and had a closer examination of the underside of the sink... and it solved a minor mystery - I was wondering how the right-hand sink could get all grunged up and blocked while the left-hand sink still drains perfectly... the answer is that the sink does not have a U-bend as such. The pipes are metal, and the left-hand pipe goes straight down into the floor. The righthand sink is of course about a foot over from it, and the pipe is shaped like a flat L - the water goes into the plughole and then has to flow sideways for about a foot before it goes into the straight-down pipe! So it's not surprising that it could get a grease clog :( The question now is how do I get rid of it, and how do I keep it from happening again?

It also suggests that there is no connection at all between the kitchen plumbing and the bathroom plumbing... they're seperate units entirely.

2 choices.

a - take the section of pipe out and clean it (messy)

b - use liquid plumber and wait.

as for grease issues, after i cook something that leaves a greasy pan, i wipe the pan out first with paper towels to absorb the majority of the grease. then i wash it in hot water and dawn which hopefully will keep the grease from sticking.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
I've killed our kitchen sink :( It was running very sluggishly so I scrubbed it out with bicarbonate of soda and then put some down the plughole, washed down with vinegar and boiling water. That's supposed to clear away the grease buildup in the drain and let it go more smoothly... only one problem - it didn't work! The rinsing sink is perfectly clear and clean and water runs down it just fine, but the washing sink didn't drain and all that happened was a little bit of grunge floated up out of the plughole! (GROSS!)

Do I have to call a plumber, or is there some way to fix it ourselves?

GIRL .. its clogged when you put them veggies in the garbage disposal.

the only way to get it fixed. is call maint or plumber. they have to take the pipe off

it dont take long. I know I did this a few months back..btw, DONT USE CHEMICALS

in the Garbage disposal!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

She just said she didn't have a disposal.

You can probably get it unclogged with drano (or my favorite, Liquid Plumber foaming pipe snake) but I would get a plumber to look at it at some point.

SA4userbar.jpg