U.S. soldier Uses Quran For Target Practice; Military Apologizes

120 posts in this topic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Or put it this way. It's like having someone sniping your 62" LCD HDTV with 1080p resolution. Of course you want to declare war!

No more likely its some one tie u up and blow ur f*cking face with a ak47. Dont compare people religions to stupid stuff like that. Its not nice. PLUS CAN I REQUEST THE MODS TO REMOVE THIS TOPIC CAUSE THIS S GONNA GET OUT OF HANDS. LETS NOT TALK ABOUT PEOPLE RELIGIONS IF YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM?

:blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Men like this soldier are, IMHO, just as bad as Islamic extremists.

You cannot be serious with this statement. :wacko:

Why not...you don't find it the slightest bit disrespectful? Because it is the Qu'ran it deserves less respect?

Pssssh...whatever.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Timeline

Well, cause and effect. If a soldier wants to piss off the locals by insulting their religion and shooting a sacred book on their lands, and suddenly a suicide attack happens that takes his life or his limbs, it certainly wouldn't be surprising. If you're going to be insulting to a religion, you should do it in a place where your right to do so is protected.

The only problem I have is these people represent me, as well as the rest of this country, that I live in. The last thing I need when going to visit Greece is people getting pissed off at me because of some idiot soldier. Not that it would logically happen, some people don't exactly follow logic either.

I just kinda think this is the conflict in a nutshell. People want to come to a region and piss all over certain people, they get upset, fight back, and we wonder why? Or even more funny, label them terrorists.

Edited by SRVT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why not...you don't find it the slightest bit disrespectful? Because it is the Qu'ran it deserves less respect?

Pssssh...whatever.

on one hand we have a solder and a book. on the other hand islamic extremists. you do the math. ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Or put it this way. It's like having someone sniping your 62" LCD HDTV with 1080p resolution. Of course you want to declare war!

No more likely its some one tie u up and blow ur f*cking face with a ak47. Dont compare people religions to stupid stuff like that. Its not nice. PLUS CAN I REQUEST THE MODS TO REMOVE THIS TOPIC CAUSE THIS S GONNA GET OUT OF HANDS. LETS NOT TALK ABOUT PEOPLE RELIGIONS IF YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM?

It was a forgotten topic until you brought it back.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pssssh...whatever.

NO I don't find it disrespectful at all, not that it deserves less respect, obviously the Soldier in question didn't realize what he was doing and to make such a HUGE deal out of it is a joke to me, like someone else said on here, they can blow up our twin towers in NY and cause major disaster in our country, to shoot at their quran is a minor (and I mean minor in the most "minorest" of ways lol) offense, actually in my opinion, the soldier in question shouldn't be penalized at all. Gimme a friggin break!! Having respect for them means nothing to them, they will still do our country harm the first chance they get. Nope, I don't find it disrespectful in the slightest. I actually have respect for the soldier in question.

Timeline
If we give them the soldier to stand trial in Iraq, they must give us the person/s responsible for 9/11 et al where people were killed and maimed to stand trial in the US!!!!! Which of course will never happen!!!!!

Right on :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
NO I don't find it disrespectful at all, not that it deserves less respect, obviously the Soldier in question didn't realize what he was doing and to make such a HUGE deal out of it is a joke to me, like someone else said on here, they can blow up our twin towers in NY and cause major disaster in our country, to shoot at their quran is a minor (and I mean minor in the most "minorest" of ways lol) offense, actually in my opinion, the soldier in question shouldn't be penalized at all. Gimme a friggin break!! Having respect for them means nothing to them, they will still do our country harm the first chance they get. Nope, I don't find it disrespectful in the slightest. I actually have respect for the soldier in question.

What are you talking about ??? The Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
If we give them the soldier to stand trial in Iraq, they must give us the person/s responsible for 9/11 et al where people were killed and maimed to stand trial in the US!!!!! Which of course will never happen!!!!!

Same as above -- what are you talking about ??? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

What are you talking about ??? The Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11.

I think he means Muslims in general.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Well, cause and effect. If a soldier wants to piss off the locals by insulting their religion and shooting a sacred book on their lands, and suddenly a suicide attack happens that takes his life or his limbs, it certainly wouldn't be surprising. If you're going to be insulting to a religion, you should do it in a place where your right to do so is protected.

The only problem I have is these people represent me, as well as the rest of this country, that I live in. The last thing I need when going to visit Greece is people getting pissed off at me because of some idiot soldier. Not that it would logically happen, some people don't exactly follow logic either.

I just kinda think this is the conflict in a nutshell. People want to come to a region and piss all over certain people, they get upset, fight back, and we wonder why? Or even more funny, label them terrorists.

Wait a minute, you are worried about people getting pissed off at YOU when you're in Greece because you're an American? Is that all you're worried about? Its people like you that shouldn't have the privilege of being an American. You have NO idea what its like out there fighting a war, I have never been there myself but most of my friends have, whether its, Army, or Marines.. Do NOT attempt to think that you know what it's like out there, just be proud and happy that these guys are out there fighting for YOU. They pissed all over us on 9/11, yeah we're gonna piss all over them too. I fully support the soldier in question!! Let me see your ASSS out there and then come and complain on here.....wusss bag

re

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Same as above -- what are you talking about ??? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

This one, though, is just a fail at geography.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.