Teacher Mark

U.S. soldier Uses Quran For Target Practice; Military Apologizes

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is that the punishment they are calling for on this then?

You have missed my point entirely though, I clearly stated that human rights should supersede religious freedoms whether in the US or in Iraq.

Maybe you and 6 are suggesting that a Muslim country is incapable of implementing a humanitarian criminal justice system though?

Certainly not incapable, in my view, but as we know that part of the world doesn't exactly lead the rest of the world in terms of human rights and representative democratic government.

There's a certain conceit in imagining that fundamentalist attitudes can be reversed and turned around in the space of a few years. When McC said 100 years in Iraq, he may well be correct in his assessment, though I imagine that's not a policy that would be feasible or acceptable to the public at large. At least - not in its current form of massive troop deployments.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If the head of state from Iraq, Ali al-Dabbagh, won't forgive and still want to punish this soldier I think it's time to take the troops home.

Lets see if the Sunni group will terrorize Iraq. Lets sit back and relax.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

The government of Iraq has rejected the Bush administrations apologies for this incident, and is demanding that the soldier be returned to Iraq to stand trial and face 'punishment.' If you want to truly see how 'peaceful' a religion Islam is, then let this travesty happen. I have to assume that we would never agree to this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24724080/

Select quote:

"Iraq's government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said Bush's apology was not enough.

"We need to try this soldier since he committed a grievous crime. This is what the Iraqi government wants. It is not satisfied with just an apology," he said"

End quote.

Bull****!!!

If we give them the soldier to stand trial in Iraq, they must give us the person/s responsible for 9/11 et al where people were killed and maimed to stand trial in the US!!!!! Which of course will never happen!!!!!

And yet there were those who thought that the lady who named the teddy bear 'mohammed' deserved her treatment stating that 'she was in the country, she knew the rules and she didn't play by them' There's some nice double standards for you.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
heck, at least they tell everybody they want him in Iraq for trial..

Trial for the "crime" of shooting a book?

What's next? Disturbing "holy dust" with your feet?

:wacko:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Next will be, urinating on the holy land is illegal and subject to death!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Next will be, urinating on the holy land is illegal and subject to death!

don't you dare take a dump there either.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I am sure there places that are considered 'holy' and any desecration of them in such a way would be considered a crime. Indeed, I am sure if you decided to unrinate and ####### in any church in the US you would get arrested. This type of 'let's belittle the stupid muslims' rubbish doesn't serve any useful purpose.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
I am sure there places that are considered 'holy' and any desecration of them in such a way would be considered a crime. Indeed, I am sure if you decided to unrinate and ####### in any church in the US you would get arrested. This type of 'let's belittle the stupid muslims' rubbish doesn't serve any useful purpose.

i'll try not to do that. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Many muslims consider the bible a holy book too. Many Arabs are christian. Religion is strange to me. At least when it comes to the whole idea of what is and isn't sacred.

The soldier got what he had coming to him, it should end there.

religion is not strange, some people are...when disrespecting their own book and prophet doesn't satisfy them, they try another one.

i am muslim, my christian friend gave me the bible 2 years ago..i still have it, and i still read it.

and if more people in the world were like you, adam, then there'd be understanding and acceptance rather than the hatred that is out there.

:thumbs:

Muslims who kill other Muslims for being the wrong kind of Muslim is 'grotesque.' Shooting a Qua ran, or Bible, or 'insert religious icon here' is perhaps dumb. To me there is a huge difference. And if someone wants to shoot my copy of the Qua ran, or Bible vs. shooting me or a member of my family, I would choose the former.

Respect is something that should be earned, not demanded.

I respect anyones right to believe in anything they want to believe in. But for 'the entire Muslim world' to take offense at what was essentially merely a stupid thing to do to a man made, inanimate object, seems to blow the act out of all proportion to what it was. Especially in light of the actual atrocities which have occurred, and are occurring in Iraq and the entire Middle East region.

Are you suggesting that there is no contention between differing Christian affiliations?

The government of Iraq has rejected the Bush administrations apologies for this incident, and is demanding that the soldier be returned to Iraq to stand trial and face 'punishment.' If you want to truly see how 'peaceful' a religion Islam is, then let this travesty happen. I have to assume that we would never agree to this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24724080/

Select quote:

"Iraq's government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said Bush's apology was not enough.

"We need to try this soldier since he committed a grievous crime. This is what the Iraqi government wants. It is not satisfied with just an apology," he said"

End quote.

Bull****!!!

If we give them the soldier to stand trial in Iraq, they must give us the person/s responsible for 9/11 et al where people were killed and maimed to stand trial in the US!!!!! Which of course will never happen!!!!!

How can they give you something they don't have?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Is that why there's no bathroom in Churches? Come on, if nature needs to take its course, why won't the church allow it? That's why I'm not religious. Well, one of the reasons.

Timeline
mindstop.gif

i'd so enjoy watching you debate that with a jesuit priest :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Or put it this way. It's like having someone sniping your 62" LCD HDTV with 1080p resolution. Of course you want to declare war!

No more likely its some one tie u up and blow ur f*cking face with a ak47. Dont compare people religions to stupid stuff like that. Its not nice. PLUS CAN I REQUEST THE MODS TO REMOVE THIS TOPIC CAUSE THIS S GONNA GET OUT OF HANDS. LETS NOT TALK ABOUT PEOPLE RELIGIONS IF YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM?

LoveU.jpg