Fandango

Interesting Ways to Pass the Wait Time

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was just posting in Mel's Bad News thread about ways to pass time...aww hell, I'll just repost it:

My grandfather said once 'you will never be in this same place in time ever again', and I've kinda made that my mantra. Yes, it sucks that me & Dave (and you and Javi) are apart....but I am using the time to my advantage to do things I know I won't have time to do when he gets here. You need to think about something you can do that is time consuming!

Yes, I know VJ counts, lol...but something else too tongue.gif

Well, I spend more time on myself than I will have time for later. I have a lot of 'me' nights...bubble baths, hair condition treatments, facials, toe polishing, etc....I suppose you could say I'm high maintennance, lol. I read more books, and I make projects for myself to learn something new. I made David a picture video to music once...and you gotta realize while I am not an idiot, I'm not a computer guru either, and that was out of my comfort zone.

I've been making a scrapbook for me & David, and my mom and I are in the process of scanning every single picture we have. Oh, that and I work like a maniac! I'm always here, but I'm always working too! I work thru dinner, I go sometimes window shopping & just laze about with a coffee whilst walking in the mall...bookstores, etc..

So come on then, how do YOU pass the time?

(I'm fully aware that I'll prolly get a few smutty responses, lol)

Oh, and to those who are together...try to think back :thumbs:

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is a capital idea sister lisa..... :yes: ....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I gave up...I'm going to England to be with my husband during the wait time...at least as long as the VWP will allow. Hopefully I will bring him home with me.

Terri, best of luck to you then! England is a lovely country & it's cool that you're going to be able to experience it. If you don't mind me asking tho...how are you dealing with the affadavit of support, if your job is going to be on hold while you're there? forgive me for prying!

Be careful with immigration there...I was actually detained for 9 hours once trying to go in for the full 6 months. It was a virgin passport, and I came with 3-35kilo bags...they thought I was moving there, I told them I felt like I had only a hanky on a stick, lol

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well I use the time to practice my turkish with a free course online while my hubby (at the time fiance) was in Turkey at the time while waiting for his K-1 to be approved.

Now he is again in Turkey for 2 months to visit his mother and so I went back to my turkish lessons while he is away :cry:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Well I use the time to practice my turkish with a free course online while my hubby (at the time fiance) was in Turkey at the time while waiting for his K-1 to be approved.

Now he is again in Turkey for 2 months to visit his mother and so I went back to my turkish lessons while he is away :cry:

That's awesome! Are you fluent in Turkish now? It seems like such a hard language to master! Was it a suprise for your honey when he got here? He must have been so touched that you took the time to learn.

Would you reccommend the free online courses? I'd love to practice my spansh so I can become fluent. Took a few years in high school & college, yet I struggle to complete a sentence...and Sabado Gigante might as well be in Turkish, lol

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well....I work two jobs and I'm also a mom....but when I do have time to pass I like to....dayum, its just occured to me I don't know WHAT I like to do...sigh, what does that say about me???

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jeesh with spring coming and the yard to mow and cleaning around here, what's spare time? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Actually Lisa I'am just starting to learn all over again since it's been a while that I had practice my Turkish :blush:

Yes it is a bit harder then some other languages and I think it will take me much much longer to learn it :help:

Ohhh but Spanish is sooo easy as compared to Turkish, my hubby puts me to shame since he also started to learn Spanish and he is sooo good and was able to pick it up much faster! :o but I have to say he cheated a bit by also watching "Sabado Gigante" :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway there are many exchange language links and I will post them for others also interested in learning. I usually go to http://www.turkishclass.com/ mainly for Turkish

http://www.friendsabroad.com/home.aspx

http://www.sharedtalk.com/index.aspx?SRC=GoogleAds

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

I gave up...I'm going to England to be with my husband during the wait time...at least as long as the VWP will allow. Hopefully I will bring him home with me.

Terri, best of luck to you then! England is a lovely country & it's cool that you're going to be able to experience it. If you don't mind me asking tho...how are you dealing with the affadavit of support, if your job is going to be on hold while you're there? forgive me for prying!

Be careful with immigration there...I was actually detained for 9 hours once trying to go in for the full 6 months. It was a virgin passport, and I came with 3-35kilo bags...they thought I was moving there, I told them I felt like I had only a hanky on a stick, lol

I'm a consultant. I can work from anywhere in the world. And to be safe we have a co-sponsor lined up. And Paul is saving up as well to transfer to US account.

I'm taking the red file I have from USCIS showing that we are immigrating him instead. Besides I have 5 good reasons to come back...my other kids. I had thought of all that anyway. But I think unless I get the Grinch...they won't hold up a 4 month old baby going to see her daddy and meet her other family. But I'm taking the kitchen sink in paperwork...just in case.

Timeline
Mah jong tiles... yes.. .definitely.

that will make you go blind :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

My life pretty much revolves around Charles. I take naps on weekends when he goes mow the yard, i clean the house while he's still sleep (dang time difference) so i can spend more time with him while he's awake, we talk on e-mail while at work (yim, msn, stuff not allowed), we talk on yim, msn, we play yahoo games, we talk, we talk, we come to VJ, we talk, sometimes we play comp games (i play mario all stars - yeah i know i'm a kiddo - and Age of Empires, he plays war games, master of orion, civilization, port royal, etc) when it happens for us not being talking, which is not frequent, i go to the gym to be in shape for him and for myself, we talk, occasionally i go to my favorite uncle's house, rarely i go see any friends, they never come see me because i moved to another town and i don't have many friends here worth my time, occasionally i go to a party and when i do is not a night club, it's some kid's birthday and only when its on my building salon, i won't move my a$$ to go to a kids party far away from here, that would take too much time away from my love, we play/pet/feed with our cats (he has his there and i had mine here), we talk.

That's pretty much it, as you can see i became a non-life anti-social person after I fell in love with him, but that's just because we can't be together right now (by together i mean in the same place, country, house, living tohether) because of the K1 application. We will start a new life together after i get there, for now we spend a lot of time together because we talk a lot (only with each other we are not talkative around other people, except the online people :P)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Nessa we were exactly the same when apart....always an email before bed and in the morning and, other than work, our entire lives revolved around speaking to each other online and on the phone the rest of the time. Sad, but true..and it was lovely! We were BOTH seriously sleep deprived as Craig would go to work, then come home about 3/4 and go to bed from 6-8pm so he could get up at 1am to start his day..we would speak until he had to leave for work, or until I had to go to bed usually 12 or 1..sometimes 2 am to get up at 5:30 for 6:30 work. We were tired, but very much in love. :yes::wub: We didn't have much extra time!! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)