canadalaura

DON'T tell anyone I told you this...

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Here where Joel and I will live, its a small town, with small town ways. Everyone seems to know everyone, yet its not in a nosey way. The biggest employer is the school system. There is mist on the mountains most every morning, and the skies are blue most of the time. No one is really in a hurry, and people here are still, for the most part, courteous on the road and say "hi" even if they don't know you. It's things like this that I really love about the South. :luv:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Born and raised in the south and love the landscape and hospitality of most people. Yes we have rednecks but I think all places have someone like this. Glad your enjoying it here more now.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline
Here where Joel and I will live, its a small town, with small town ways. Everyone seems to know everyone, yet its not in a nosey way. The biggest employer is the school system. There is mist on the mountains most every morning, and the skies are blue most of the time. No one is really in a hurry, and people here are still, for the most part, courteous on the road and say "hi" even if they don't know you. It's things like this that I really love about the South. :luv:

I'm jealous. <_<

Timeline

I'm jealous. <_<

Aww....well, there's still room for a few more :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline
I'm jealous. <_<

I know. That is what keeps us going. We're just trying to find the right spot. And a job in that spot. ;)

Timeline
I'm jealous. <_<

I know. That is what keeps us going. We're just trying to find the right spot. And a job in that spot. ;)

Yeah, I do know what you mean...and if Joel finds a job where he has to commute...sigh...we'l have to move. :(

THE GRITS!

mmmmmhmmmmm with cheese and bacon.......... *drools

sweet tea... oh, how i miss it

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Fried Okra! I couldn't believe I actually liked it!! Yeah..and grits and gravy..mmmm. We used to go to North Carolina once or twice a year to visit relatives while I was growing up...beautiful. Love the Blue Ridge Mountains on the way, too. "Take me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeee country roadsssssssssssssss, to the placeeeeeeee..." Ok, ok, ok. :lol: M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

it can do that sometimes, I am origninally from the south....I am in south florida now, which is not really considered the south....but the real southern states do seem to have a quaint hospitality about them

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

THE GRITS!

mmmmmhmmmmm with cheese and bacon.......... *drools

sweet tea... oh, how i miss it

not a bacon eater, for obvious reason..use to love my mother's blackberry dumplings... :yes:

also, grits are great,,okra..turnip greens..

my friend from there like bbq pig snout sandwiches.... :o

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

my friend from there like bbq pig snout sandwiches.... :o

:blink::dead: EWWWWWWWW That's just nasty!!!

no doubt....he wolves them down...it is just wrong.... :yes:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835