Texanbybirth

Just a general rant...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It wasn't so hard waiting while Dan was here with me, but he's gone back to Canada and won't be returning until he gets his visa. I just want California to hurry the heck up. It appears Montreal is going to take at least 3-4 months to grant an interview date. I'm not sure how in the hell anyone else has dealt with this. I feel like pulling my hair out and screaming at the top of my lungs. My case hasn't been touched since March 20th and seeing the same thing over and over every time I check the status has me going mental. All I want is to marry the man who makes me happier than I have ever been and get on with my life. It shouldn't be this damn hard. Just felt the need to post. *sigh*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think we can all relate, hon.... you must learn patience here, or this will be a long HARD trip!!! It certainly isn't easy.... but patience... and try to go a few hours w/o checking your status (yeah right :no: ) Good luck!

Noura (F)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

As do I, believe me I know how you feel

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Patience is the key and you must pray for it. Try and stay positive and all of us have been or are still going down this road.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My love is half the globe away... and my waiting has just begun.... why is life so difficult...

I cry several times a day. This forum is like a family to me. I console myself by reminding myself that great times are ahead... how wonderful it would be when I will be with him forever!

Best wishes to all.

I-751 process:

4/06/09: Mailed I-751 to VSC by Express mail

4/07/09: Received by VSC

4/17/09: Check clearance.

4/20/09: NOA1 received in mail (receipt date: 4/08/09)

4/30/09: Biometric appt. letter received (appt. on May 15th)

5/05/09: Walk-in biometric done

9/02/09: Approval Email (touch on USCUS site)

9/03/09: Approval letter received (decision date: 8/27/09)

9/09/09: Touch, but no change in status on USCIS site.

9/11/09: Green card rec'd.

It took us 2 years to get Luz's annulments before we could even start on her visa. Now we are in a proccess that will take at least 9 months from start to finish. It's very hard but the reward at the end is worth 10 times what I spent in time lonelyness and money. If you really love your SO then ANY price in time and money is not only worth it but is nothing compared to finally having your loved one with you.

I soo know how you feel, bless you :(

I waited a LONG time for my NOA2 (6 months), we found out we where in additional secutity checks in Washington, Its gone really quick since then and im waiting for my interview letter.

We wizzed through the NVC and i had my medical, ive been entered into the London Embassys computers 2 days ago and im just waiting for my interview letter (package 4).

Through all this its been really tough, BUT now im nearly at the end, ive bought my dress and started planning the wedding, it is ALL so worth it..hang in there.

I say to myself, well i will never be as far away as i was yesterday ever again till i see my stevey:)

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know it is so hard waiting,but we just can't give up. A lot of patience is needed , I am in my 6th month of waiting with still no light at the end of the tunnel. I am not giving up just keep on praying when the going gets tough just call on your VJ friends.

SHAr

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) I know how it feels....the waiting....the frustration with this system. Although we didnt have to wait as long as some, those feelings were no less real for us. Being here on VJ has HELPED a tremendous amount. I wish I could say something more that would alleviate how you're feeling. I don't understand Montréal either...I hope and pray that they will sort out whatever it is that is holding them up. My thoughts are with you...and everyone else still waiting. (F)(F)(F)(F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

:yes: Patience is the key on this journey!

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I posted this yesterday because I was feeling totally overwhelmed. I understand that a large amount of patience is involved in this whole process. I just feel that alot of the waiting we all do is pointless and a waste due to a lack of smarts on the part of the USCIS. Then again it's the government and they rarely do anything in a productive manner.

Kind of put out by a comment someone posted. If I had fallen in love with someone from the states, I would not have to wait to spend my life with them. To say that

If you really love your SO then ANY price in time and money is not only worth it but is nothing compared to finally having your loved one with you.
isn't really fair. I do love him. I wouldn't be going through this entire process if I didn't. I only was posting my frustration.

I've waited 33 years to find this man. I've waited for so many other things in my life. I am just sick and tired of feeling as if life is on hold waiting to be lived. I want to start living NOW!

Thanks to everyone who posted such kind responses. I realize we are all in the same boat. I'll be crossing my fingers and keeping everyone in my thoughts for a speedy end to your visa journey. We all deserve to have our loved ones here with us. Wherever here is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Oh dear oh dear.... how I know the feelings you are going through.

I just got off the phone with my love who is calling from Athens, Greece. Every day the feelings get stronger and stronger of missing each other, needing each other. I never knew how badly I can miss his touch, watch him laugh, see his walk from a distance come towards me, his smell, his laugh, his eyes crinkle up when smiling.... sigh.......... I never thought I would meet my soul mate in a foreign country. I never thought I would have a long distance relationship, I never thought I would go through a process with Immigration. When I see couples in New York I think to myself "Man, you are so lucky to be with him/her, enjoy each other, don't fight over stupid things, how lucky you are to have them so close by". We support each other when the other is feeling blue, we both won't give up. We believe in each other so much that knowing that we will be married, share a home together, have beautiful babies together is all worth this road we are all on. It is painful right now but once it's done, we can look back and say, Yeah it was a long wait but soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth the journey.

(L)

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.