Texanbybirth

Just a general rant...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No wise words to give to you. You have heard them all. I know our journey took forever and the only thing that helped was prayers and having him finally with me. I can only wish you a swift journey. You will drive yourself nuts checking your status. I did and we were never touched until his approval. Good Luck and your dream will come true too.

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

I posted this yesterday because I was feeling totally overwhelmed. I understand that a large amount of patience is involved in this whole process. I just feel that alot of the waiting we all do is pointless and a waste due to a lack of smarts on the part of the USCIS. Then again it's the government and they rarely do anything in a productive manner.

Kind of put out by a comment someone posted. If I had fallen in love with someone from the states, I would not have to wait to spend my life with them. To say that

If you really love your SO then ANY price in time and money is not only worth it but is nothing compared to finally having your loved one with you.
isn't really fair. I do love him. I wouldn't be going through this entire process if I didn't. I only was posting my frustration.

I've waited 33 years to find this man. I've waited for so many other things in my life. I am just sick and tired of feeling as if life is on hold waiting to be lived. I want to start living NOW!

Thanks to everyone who posted such kind responses. I realize we are all in the same boat. I'll be crossing my fingers and keeping everyone in my thoughts for a speedy end to your visa journey. We all deserve to have our loved ones here with us. Wherever here is.

I am VERY sorry you took my comment the wrong way. I only meant to say, in my clumsy way, that the time spent working, waiting and feeling lonely will all be worth it when you get your man with you. I meant no insult. Forgive me. Believe me, I know how you feel.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I posted this yesterday because I was feeling totally overwhelmed. I understand that a large amount of patience is involved in this whole process. I just feel that alot of the waiting we all do is pointless and a waste due to a lack of smarts on the part of the USCIS. Then again it's the government and they rarely do anything in a productive manner.

Kind of put out by a comment someone posted. If I had fallen in love with someone from the states, I would not have to wait to spend my life with them. To say that

If you really love your SO then ANY price in time and money is not only worth it but is nothing compared to finally having your loved one with you.
isn't really fair. I do love him. I wouldn't be going through this entire process if I didn't. I only was posting my frustration.

I've waited 33 years to find this man. I've waited for so many other things in my life. I am just sick and tired of feeling as if life is on hold waiting to be lived. I want to start living NOW!

Thanks to everyone who posted such kind responses. I realize we are all in the same boat. I'll be crossing my fingers and keeping everyone in my thoughts for a speedy end to your visa journey. We all deserve to have our loved ones here with us. Wherever here is.

I am VERY sorry you took my comment the wrong way. I only meant to say, in my clumsy way, that the time spent working, waiting and feeling lonely will all be worth it when you get your man with you. I meant no insult. Forgive me. Believe me, I know how you feel.

This wait is the hardest part...we all know how you feel. Some of us handle it differently than others. When you look at the overall scheme of things...this wait is only a drop in the bucket compared to being with the love of your life forever! I know about waiting....I knew there was a man out there that would love me for me, and love me unconditionally. I think I loved Joel before I even met him...I dreamed of meeting him for years. The frustrating part was wondering where the he11 this man was at in this great big world!!! Oh believe me...I've had many a time where I was frustrated beyond belief with this process. The tears I've cried...the sleepless nights...the loneliness....oh I know all about that. But then, I would read about someone else who is going through this and hasn't seen their beloved, or touched them, for over a year! I felt horrible for griping. I don't mean to make you sound as if you have no right to complain. I just tried to put this all in perspective by looking at someone else's timeline of being with their beloved. It WILL come...and this wait WILL be over. And that, my dear...is PRICELESS! (F)(F)(F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yeah, waiting sucks. I hope you are able to find your own way to deal with it so you don't end up going nuts! Since there's really nothing we can do about it, all we can hope to do is cope the best way possible. Keep the faith-he'll be here before ya know it!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The waiting and the being apart is so very difficult. Things can become very muddled between you both, guard against that and never leave each other at night mad and you can make it. As Thomas said "I think I can I think I can", you know you can is the next step. Chin up.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Timeline

Waiting sucks, lol.

Lizzy, haven't seen you around in a while! How've ya been?

This wait is the hardest part...we all know how you feel. Some of us handle it differently than others. When you look at the overall scheme of things...this wait is only a drop in the bucket compared to being with the love of your life forever! I know about waiting....I knew there was a man out there that would love me for me, and love me unconditionally. I think I loved Joel before I even met him...I dreamed of meeting him for years. The frustrating part was wondering where the he11 this man was at in this great big world!!! Oh believe me...I've had many a time where I was frustrated beyond belief with this process. The tears I've cried...the sleepless nights...the loneliness....oh I know all about that. But then, I would read about someone else who is going through this and hasn't seen their beloved, or touched them, for over a year! I felt horrible for griping. I don't mean to make you sound as if you have no right to complain. I just tried to put this all in perspective by looking at someone else's timeline of being with their beloved. It WILL come...and this wait WILL be over. And that, my dear...is PRICELESS! (F)(F)(F)

:cry: That was beautiful, my friend. Makes it all the more precious knowing he'll be here so soon...I actually welled up reading it. :yes:

Edited by LisaD

in the end, it all will be okay

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835