one...two...tree

Least Expensive Vehicles to Own

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

check the pontiac vibe

lots of owner seem very happy !

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Richard, get her a dunebuggy :P

My baby has taken lessons but um...keeps failing the tests in the UK xD Which is worrying. So yeh I'm thinking clunker for him too.

Up until a couple years ago a 1989 oldsmobile (sorry, don't know the make) was in our family well...since 1989. The thing was a TANK. It was always there my entire life in my conscious memory, and I can't remember it actually breaking down or having to be worked on ONCE. No kidding. I think it had 200,000 + miles on it.

My dad fixes cars himself instead of taking them in the shop when they break. Not saying he's pro at it, just slapdash gets it running again. He's very good at getting little Mitsubishi trucks to run forever and ever ever. He's had two cars in my lifetime both Mitsubishis, and the first one didn't finally give out, it just got totaled in a wreck at like 300,000 miles or something. So maybe these are a good buy too.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I have a 98 toyota corolla and i love it!! :)

You just have to make sure to keep giving it tender loving care. It likes it. :P

If i were to buy a new car, i would either go with a toyota yaris or a newer toyota corolla. :) The newer ones are pretty fancy looking.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: Other Timeline

I once had a 1992 Honda Civic that got 35 miles per gallon. My ex-husband still has it and still drives it to work.

Whenever my Buick dies, I'm going to be looking for another Honda.

BUT - the ONLY downfall I've ever found with owning a Honda was the insurance cost. The parts are just more expensive than parts for a domestic vehicle so the insurance premiums are higher. I've had four Hondas in my lifetime (2 Civics, an Accord, and a Prelude) and found that to be the case will all of them.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I once had a 1992 Honda Civic that got 35 miles per gallon. My ex-husband still has it and still drives it to work.

BUT - the ONLY downfall I've ever found with owning a Honda was the insurance cost. The parts are just more expensive than parts for a domestic vehicle so the insurance premiums are higher. I've had four Hondas in my lifetime (2 Civics, an Accord, and a Prelude) and found that to be the case will all of them.

Really? I've got the most basic coverage for my '93 Civic and the premium for 6 months is $161.00, which to me is extremely cheap considering I told my insurance that I'm putting about 500 miles a week on it commuting to work.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
i have a 2007 corolla... and a scooter... my corolla gets about 30mpg.... my scooter 120mpg....

i love my scooter.. hate my corolla (because of the looks)...

May I ask how much you paid for your scooter and what brand/size is it? :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Really? I've got the most basic coverage for my '93 Civic and the premium for 6 months is $161.00, which to me is extremely cheap considering I told my insurance that I'm putting about 500 miles a week on it commuting to work.

Before you buy a car, ask your insurance agent which premium class it is in.

Most foreign vehicles are in a higher class than domestic cars.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i have a 2007 corolla... and a scooter... my corolla gets about 30mpg.... my scooter 120mpg....

i love my scooter.. hate my corolla (because of the looks)...

May I ask how much you paid for your scooter and what brand/size is it? :)

i paid $1350 for it.. it's a zongshen metro 50. 50cc no endorsment or insurance required... and with me and my husband on it, we go at 40mph... me solo, i go at 50 mph...

it's a pretty good investment in my opinion..

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have a toyota yaris and it can go 40 miles per gallon. It's not such a great car when it comes to putting a car seat in it though.

It doesn't have car seats? :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

gas just reached 3.60 in some parts here in CLT (the cheap gas) I feel sorry for the pickup and hummer owners..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
gas just reached 3.60 in some parts here in CLT (the cheap gas) I feel sorry for the pickup and hummer owners..

mine's busy staying in the garage :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We drive a Honda & a Nissan and they're both good on gas. I plan on keeping my Nissan forever too....

I know someone who drives a Hummer and spends (currently) $95 to fill up her tank - every 5 days. That's almost $600 a month only on gas.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil