Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kcmetzy

APPROVED!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We arrived in Montreal Saturday evening around 6:00 pm. We were really happy to see each other, but everything went south in a hurry after trying to rent a car..find a parcade..get into our hotel. We ended up staying at the La Tour Centreville and it was okay. Cheap enough and great location..but the smell of the Yu Hang restaurant makes me want to throw up thinking about it. hehe Our room reeked of Japanese food. blah! I think the La Tour is great for one night, but we stayed 4 nights and that was a little much.

We hated Montreal for about 4 hours..it was such a culture shock. My husband signed up for waaaay more than he needed for the rental car (in fact every optional thing he could sign up for..he did) because he didn't really understand. We couldn't find a place to park..maybe the UFC had something to do with it. We found a spot at Desjardins Centre and it was great but were sooooo turned around, confused, tired, hungry..

We made it to the hotel about 9:00 pm and went to bed right away in kind of a grumpy mood. The days to follow were MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I don't know what we would have done without the Tom Tom! :) We had a blast going to St. Catherines street..we spent most of our time eating at pubs/restaurants and enjoying the FANTASTIC shopping. We really enjoyed the old churches, driving down the St. Lawrence, going to Mt. Royal, etc..

Honestly though, we spent most of our time walking. It almost would have been better to get a taxi and just walk around, but that's my personal opinion.

The weather was PERFECT and WARM every day that we were there! :)

Our mood changed quite a bit Monday night as we were preparing for the interview. We contemplated lying about a few issues that we were worried about, but after much prayer we decided to be honest about EVERYTHING even if it meant getting denied. I prayed that God would not allow the C.O. to ask any questions that would require us to lie. You know what? God is good and we were not put in a position to lie at any point in the interview.

We both grew incredibly nervous and it didn't help that there was a RIOT from the Canadiens game that lasted for hours. My husband wanted to go to that game sooo bad but we couldn't get tickets. :( Anyway, we woke up about 5:00 because neither one of us were really sleeping at this point. We arrived at about 7:00 and they opened the doors at 7:20. Of course, right off the bat I forget my I.D., so I had to run in my heels back to the hotel. We were like GREAT..this is not a good start to the day.

I met my husband downstaris, we were first in line.. went through all of the paperwork with the guy, he was fingerprinted, and then we patiently waited for the interview.

I felt that we had about a 40% chance of an approval, 40% chance of an advisory opinion, and 20% chance of a denial. We were first in line, but about 4th to get called into the interview (which was scary..what is taking so long).

Our interviewer was AWESOME. He said our case was the second complicated case of the day and that we made him research the law before calling us into the interview room. He said our lawyer did a good write-up..talked to my husband about his record (which he was completely honest).. talked to us about the riot..talked to my husband a lot about playing hockey.. talked to us about the 2 denials at the border..talked to me about my job..before saying the best words a person could say, "You're Approved!!" and there is no reason not to issue the visa! We were in shock and soOOooOOoOo HAPPY! I'm still in shock I think. I can't wait to forget about immigration..but I will never forget about you all. Thank you so much for the warm wishes and prayers. It worked!! We can be together at last!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

wooohooo !!!!!!

congratulations !!! that's great !


Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)
 

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CONGRATS!!!! :dance:


Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats


Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats :dance:


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations!!!


I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We arrived in Montreal Saturday evening around 6:00 pm. We were really happy to see each other, but everything went south in a hurry after trying to rent a car..find a parcade..get into our hotel. We ended up staying at the La Tour Centreville and it was okay. Cheap enough and great location..but the smell of the Yu Hang restaurant makes me want to throw up thinking about it. hehe Our room reeked of Japanese food. blah! I think the La Tour is great for one night, but we stayed 4 nights and that was a little much.

We hated Montreal for about 4 hours..it was such a culture shock. My husband signed up for waaaay more than he needed for the rental car (in fact every optional thing he could sign up for..he did) because he didn't really understand. We couldn't find a place to park..maybe the UFC had something to do with it. We found a spot at Desjardins Centre and it was great but were sooooo turned around, confused, tired, hungry..

We made it to the hotel about 9:00 pm and went to bed right away in kind of a grumpy mood. The days to follow were MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I don't know what we would have done without the Tom Tom! :) We had a blast going to St. Catherines street..we spent most of our time eating at pubs/restaurants and enjoying the FANTASTIC shopping. We really enjoyed the old churches, driving down the St. Lawrence, going to Mt. Royal, etc..

Honestly though, we spent most of our time walking. It almost would have been better to get a taxi and just walk around, but that's my personal opinion.

The weather was PERFECT and WARM every day that we were there! :)

Our mood changed quite a bit Monday night as we were preparing for the interview. We contemplated lying about a few issues that we were worried about, but after much prayer we decided to be honest about EVERYTHING even if it meant getting denied. I prayed that God would not allow the C.O. to ask any questions that would require us to lie. You know what? God is good and we were not put in a position to lie at any point in the interview.

We both grew incredibly nervous and it didn't help that there was a RIOT from the Canadiens game that lasted for hours. My husband wanted to go to that game sooo bad but we couldn't get tickets. :( Anyway, we woke up about 5:00 because neither one of us were really sleeping at this point. We arrived at about 7:00 and they opened the doors at 7:20. Of course, right off the bat I forget my I.D., so I had to run in my heels back to the hotel. We were like GREAT..this is not a good start to the day.

I met my husband downstaris, we were first in line.. went through all of the paperwork with the guy, he was fingerprinted, and then we patiently waited for the interview.

I felt that we had about a 40% chance of an approval, 40% chance of an advisory opinion, and 20% chance of a denial. We were first in line, but about 4th to get called into the interview (which was scary..what is taking so long).

Our interviewer was AWESOME. He said our case was the second complicated case of the day and that we made him research the law before calling us into the interview room. He said our lawyer did a good write-up..talked to my husband about his record (which he was completely honest).. talked to us about the riot..talked to my husband a lot about playing hockey.. talked to us about the 2 denials at the border..talked to me about my job..before saying the best words a person could say, "You're Approved!!" and there is no reason not to issue the visa! We were in shock and soOOooOOoOo HAPPY! I'm still in shock I think. I can't wait to forget about immigration..but I will never forget about you all. Thank you so much for the warm wishes and prayers. It worked!! We can be together at last!

Great review and, of course, congratulations!!!!! Honesty is indeed the best policy and remember God likes people with smokin' hot bodies, just look at His physique in all those paintings. :lol: God is freakin' ripped! :lol: The COs usually ask straightforward questions (even though my parents were asked how they met :bonk: ) and rarely will they try to trick you, that requires a great deal of effort and study and they're not going to do it for one case. All the questions about hockey were part of the feeling out process but since your other half is a hockey player and most people in Montreal have at least a modicum of knowledge about hockey, the CO wasn't too suspicious. If DH had been a neurosurgeon, then it might have been a bit different, since most folks know little about neurosurgery and people get suspicious when they're ignorant of a topic. Bet you're glad that hubby went to the interview in a speedo. :lol:

BTW was the interviewer about 6'3" with a resonant voice and brownish hair, aka Movie Voice Guy (MVG)?


IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the approval!


Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!!!


Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We arrived in Montreal Saturday evening around 6:00 pm. We were really happy to see each other, but everything went south in a hurry after trying to rent a car..find a parcade..get into our hotel. We ended up staying at the La Tour Centreville and it was okay. Cheap enough and great location..but the smell of the Yu Hang restaurant makes me want to throw up thinking about it. hehe Our room reeked of Japanese food. blah! I think the La Tour is great for one night, but we stayed 4 nights and that was a little much.

We hated Montreal for about 4 hours..it was such a culture shock. My husband signed up for waaaay more than he needed for the rental car (in fact every optional thing he could sign up for..he did) because he didn't really understand. We couldn't find a place to park..maybe the UFC had something to do with it. We found a spot at Desjardins Centre and it was great but were sooooo turned around, confused, tired, hungry..

We made it to the hotel about 9:00 pm and went to bed right away in kind of a grumpy mood. The days to follow were MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I don't know what we would have done without the Tom Tom! :) We had a blast going to St. Catherines street..we spent most of our time eating at pubs/restaurants and enjoying the FANTASTIC shopping. We really enjoyed the old churches, driving down the St. Lawrence, going to Mt. Royal, etc..

Honestly though, we spent most of our time walking. It almost would have been better to get a taxi and just walk around, but that's my personal opinion.

The weather was PERFECT and WARM every day that we were there! :)

Our mood changed quite a bit Monday night as we were preparing for the interview. We contemplated lying about a few issues that we were worried about, but after much prayer we decided to be honest about EVERYTHING even if it meant getting denied. I prayed that God would not allow the C.O. to ask any questions that would require us to lie. You know what? God is good and we were not put in a position to lie at any point in the interview.

We both grew incredibly nervous and it didn't help that there was a RIOT from the Canadiens game that lasted for hours. My husband wanted to go to that game sooo bad but we couldn't get tickets. :( Anyway, we woke up about 5:00 because neither one of us were really sleeping at this point. We arrived at about 7:00 and they opened the doors at 7:20. Of course, right off the bat I forget my I.D., so I had to run in my heels back to the hotel. We were like GREAT..this is not a good start to the day.

I met my husband downstaris, we were first in line.. went through all of the paperwork with the guy, he was fingerprinted, and then we patiently waited for the interview.

I felt that we had about a 40% chance of an approval, 40% chance of an advisory opinion, and 20% chance of a denial. We were first in line, but about 4th to get called into the interview (which was scary..what is taking so long).

Our interviewer was AWESOME. He said our case was the second complicated case of the day and that we made him research the law before calling us into the interview room. He said our lawyer did a good write-up..talked to my husband about his record (which he was completely honest).. talked to us about the riot..talked to my husband a lot about playing hockey.. talked to us about the 2 denials at the border..talked to me about my job..before saying the best words a person could say, "You're Approved!!" and there is no reason not to issue the visa! We were in shock and soOOooOOoOo HAPPY! I'm still in shock I think. I can't wait to forget about immigration..but I will never forget about you all. Thank you so much for the warm wishes and prayers. It worked!! We can be together at last!

Great review and, of course, congratulations!!!!! Honesty is indeed the best policy and remember God likes people with smokin' hot bodies, just look at His physique in all those paintings. :lol: God is freakin' ripped! :lol: The COs usually ask straightforward questions (even though my parents were asked how they met :bonk: ) and rarely will they try to trick you, that requires a great deal of effort and study and they're not going to do it for one case. All the questions about hockey were part of the feeling out process but since your other half is a hockey player and most people in Montreal have at least a modicum of knowledge about hockey, the CO wasn't too suspicious. If DH had been a neurosurgeon, then it might have been a bit different, since most folks know little about neurosurgery and people get suspicious when they're ignorant of a topic. Bet you're glad that hubby went to the interview in a speedo. :lol:

BTW was the interviewer about 6'3" with a resonant voice and brownish hair, aka Movie Voice Guy (MVG)?

LOL you crack me up. I knew that smokin' hot body served a good purpose..(besides for my pleasure hehehe). The CO was very straightforward..and almost gave us the answer to his own question .. all we would have to do was nod and say yes. That might not have made sense, but it did in my head. hehe

The CO interviewer was NOTHING like the border patrol agents the two times my husband was denied entry. It's like he wanted us to succeed at the interview. At the border, however, it's like they wanted to find a reason to deny him. Just my observation..I'm sure other people feel different.

I'm not sure if it was Movie Voice Guy...our guy was SUPER nice and had facial hair..and was middle aged..

He did have a great voice..I'm thinking it might be the guy!

I don't know if I told you this already..but I'm so happy pop is out of AP!!! :):):):):) Is your family in the states now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...