Jump to content

PfcsBaby's US Immigration Timeline

  Petitioner's Name: Brian
Beneficiary's Name: Mary
VJ Member: PfcsBaby
Country: Canada

Last Updated: 2008-11-17
Register or log in to follow this timeline


Immigration Checklist for Brian & Mary:

USCIS I-129F Petition:      
Dept of State K1 Visa:    
USCIS I-485 Petition:  
USCIS I-765 Petition:      
USCIS I-131 Petition:      
USCIS I-751 Petition:  
USCIS N-400 Petition:  

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent : 2006-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-17
I-129F RFE(s) :
RFE Reply(s) :
I-129F NOA2 : 2007-03-17
NVC Received : 2007-03-30
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :
NVC Left :
Consulate Received :
Packet 3 Received : 2007-04-04
Packet 3 Sent : 2007-05-02
Packet 4 Received :
Interview Date : 2007-10-24
Interview Result :
Second Interview
(If Required):
Second Interview Result:
Visa Received : 2007-10-31
US Entry : 2007-11-16
Marriage : 2007-11-21
Comments :
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 151 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 372 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review
Event Date
Port of Entry : Toronto
POE Date : 2007-11-16
Got EAD Stamp :
Biometrics Taken : Yes
Harassment Level : 0
Comments : Hey y'all,

Well I made it to my new home and let me tell you, I'm still frustrated from the whole experience. I left my house at 7:45am and made it to Toronto airport by 8:15am. I ended up going into the wrong line to check in. After hearing about the computer problem with AirCanada, I was hoping that things wouldn't be so bad. Well, it was the worst I have ever seen and heard. The line up to check in was about a mile long or longer. There must have been about 3000 or more people lined up for US departures. Its funny though, at Pearson, they only have 16 counters to check in for US departures, but they must have at least 60 or more other computers they could have used. Anyways, I found my way to the end of the line and was standing there for hours. In a time of crisis, there really are good people that will help you. I met a few people standing in line that would watch my bags so I could use the bathroom with my son and the 1 time I went to go have a smoke. AirCanada didn't have their people going around letting people know what was going on. All they did was take the people out of the line that were going to Florida to catch their cruise. I guess people taking a cruise were most important. By the time I could see the maze line up(near the counter) one of the people I had met said she heard someone else talking about calling AirCanada and making a reservation for another flight. By this time, it was already 2pm, I missed my flight that left at 1:15pm and I had already been standing in line with a 4 year old 6 hours. So she took my passports, I stood in line for us and she went to get us another flight. Not knowing she got the last seat for the 5:30 departure, I got stuck with the 8:45pm departure. I was on stand-by though for the earlier one. I finally checked in at 3:30pm, then went on through to US Customs. I grabbed my I-94(2 of them) and was so excited to go through the line for US Citizens/Visa Holders line lol. I told the gentleman that I was activating my K-1 Visa and he was really nice, took my picture and fingerprints and asked me to go to secondary. I walked in there, handed in my stuff and sat down for a whole 3 minutes and was asked to go up to the counter. The officer there asked me when I was getting married and I told him Tuesday. He asked me about the wedding and I said we were just going to go to the court house and thats when he went on about how he doesnt understand why people spend thousands of $ on weddings. Then he sent me on my way. I dropped off my checked bags and went on to security. I removed what needed to be out of my bags, including my digital camera(which I found odd), then went to get lunch. I got to the gate for the 5:30 departure and found out that no one had cancelled their reservations, so I was stuck waiting to leave for 8:45. By this time I was so mad, tired and needed a smoke badly. I found another woman there who was in the line with me since 8am and we talked for awhile. I found out she was going to Atlanta to meet a guy she met online for the 1st time, so thats when I went on about VJ lol. Anyways, I got in at 10:45 and was relieved to know that I was never going to have to do this again lol. We got home at midnight. I think I left a few things out, but I think I made this long enough. I'm just glad to be home now.

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : Atlanta GA
Date Filed : 2008-01-30
NOA Date : 2008-02-09
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-06
AOS Transfer** :
Interview Date :
Approval / Denial Date : 2008-05-19
Approved : Yes
Got I551 Stamp :
Greencard Received:
Comments : After getting a notice saying my application has been approved without an interview, I got an RFE for my 4 year old son's application. They want a TB test and another affidavit of support in order to finish processing his application. What a headache.

Employment Authorization Document
Event Date
CIS Office : Chicago IL
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2008-01-30
NOA Date : 2008-02-09
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-06
Approved Date : 2008-03-20
Date Card Received : 2008-03-29
Comments :
Estimates/Stats :
Your EAD was approved in 50 days.

Advance Parole
Event Date
CIS Office : Chicago IL
Filing Method :  
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2008-01-30
NOA Date : 2008-02-09
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2008-03-28
Comments :
Estimates/Stats :
Your AP was approved in 49 days.

Member Reviews:

Consulate Review: Montreal, Canada
Review Topic: General Review
Event Description
Review Date : November 6, 2007
Embassy Review : Hey y'all,

Here's my MTL experience and review(sorry if it's kinda long)....

My journey started in Toronto Tuesday night. I had a friend come with me and we got on the Coach Canada bus at 9pm headed for Montreal. We stopped in Kingston at midnight for 30 minutes. We arrived in Montreal at 3:45am. It was cold and kinda spooky at that time of the morning. I didn't know north from south, even though I had a map. A taxi driver stopped and asked me where I was going. He spoke very good english, so I said I needed to go to the US Consualte. The taxi only cost $7, but I gave him $10 for being so helpful.

The Consulate is on a side street, that looks like a semi dark alley and you need to look up to see the street number on the building, along with the Consulate emblem. There is no American flag. At 4am I decided we needed to find a coffee shop to stay warm and figure out what we were going to do until it was time to line up. We did not sleep at all on the bus. So for anyone wanting to take the bus to Montreal, I hope you can get some sleep.

There is a Tim Hortons just 1 block south of the Consulate at the corner of Rene-Levesque and Du Frere Andre. You can see it right at the corner and they are open at 4am! The employees there do understand english a bit, but don't speak it too well.

There is nothing open at that time of the morning, so we walked around a bit to kill some time. At 6:45am I decided it would be a good time to get back to the Consualte to line up. I was 1st in line! Within 5 minutes piosenka(Mary and Arthur) showed up in a taxi and went to the coffee shop thats in the same building as the Consulate around the corner. I think that it opens up at 7am, but Mary said not to go there. The coffee sucks LOL. They were 2nd in line. Both Mary and Arthur are really nice people. I had a chance to speak with them pretty much the entire time.

The doors opened up at 7:30am. I showed my interview letter and proceeded to go to the x-ray machines. After clearning security, I was given a card with the letter "B" and was told to go down the stairs to sit on the chairs by the elevator until security was ready to escort us all upstairs. After reaching the 19th floor, we all proceeded to window #9 to give our interview letter and xpress envelope to the person at the window. We then had to wait to be called back to give all our papers and was told to wait at window #14 to pay the visa fee. This by the way doesn't open up till 8:30am. I paid the fee and returned the reciept to window #11. I sat down and waited to be called again for fingerprints. Sat down again to be called for the interview.

At 8:55am I was called and I went to door #9 and it is a closet LOL. The lady I spoke with is in her 40's, short straight brown hair. Very nice lady. She had to take another fingerprint of my left middle finger. I guess it didn't turn out too well the 1st time. So I almost flipped her off LOL. She asked me where did I meet my fiancee, which I told her online and a short story about that. Then she flipped through my file. She then asked me to swear an oath that everything I was about to tell her, along with everything in the file was to be true, etc etc. I said yes, I do! She then asked me where do I plan on moving too, when do we plan on getting married and also what do I do for a living. I told her I'm not employed right now, but that I'm going to school. Then she explained about the visa and that I have 6 months to enter the USA, then 90 days to get married. Now at this point, I was exhausted and I think I heard her say, "your visa will be approved today, we'll send it out tomorrow, you might get it Friday or Monday", or she said, "your visa is approved, etc etc" LOL. She gave me a paper explaining about the visa. I then asked her if I was done and if I could go, she said yes. I left the building at 9:10am.

Mary and Arthur were done at the same time, so we took the elevator down together. I congratulated them on their approval and we went our seperate ways.

We walked towards the bus terminal, which is about a 30 minute walk. Found McDonalds, used the bathroom and bought muffins. We were not supposed to leave until 5:30pm, but found that we could get on the 11:30am departure back to Toronto, so we did that. We didn't sleep at all again, but got back into the city at 6:20pm.

So thats my story. Hope it's helpful to those who will be going there soon for their interviews.

Rating : Very Good

Timeline Comments: None yet, be the first!

Register or log in to comment on this timeline

*Notice about estimates: The estimates are based off averages of other members recent experiences
(documented in their timelines) for the same benefit/petition/application at the same filing location.
Individual results may vary as every case is not always 'average'. Past performance does not necessarily
predict future results. The 'as early as date' may change over time based on current reported processing
times from members. There have historically been cases where a benefit/petition/application processing
briefly slows down or stops and this can not be predicted. Use these dates as reference only and do not
rely on them for planning. As always you should check the USCIS processing times to see if your application
is past due.

** Not all cases are transfered

vjTimeline ver 5.0

  • Create New...