146 members have voted

1. 1. how did u meet

• by internet
    • by family member
    • by other

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We met because I was looking for information about Mustangs (yes the Ford Mustangs).

I was browsing the internet and ended up signing in on a Forum where Mustang owners talk about their cars.

My husband and I started talking to each other about cars and after a week or so we met. He came over to visit me in Belgium where I lived at that moment. It was love at first sight. Neither of us was looking to get into a relationship because he was giong through a divorce and I was about to make an end to a 2yr relationship. Things went different for us, we fell madly in love and I went over to Germany one weekend and he would come over to Belgium the other.

So, YES we met through the internet. But, NO we didn't intend to end up together until we met. He just wanted to show off his Mustang :rolleyes:

4ce772a081.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mark and I met online in EQ2, it wasnt until we both stopped playing and starting chatting more on MSN messenger that we started getting serious thou.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London UK

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

*Touched* : 2008-07-17

*Touched* : 2008-07-18

*Touched* : 2008-07-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : Website says its been APPROVED!!! 2008-07-31

NOA2 recieved in mail: 2008-08-07

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : October 9th APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : October 11th

US Entry : October 11th

Marriage :October 15th

Gene and I met by chance in an AT&T chatroom. We moved to YM messenger and the rest is history....we believe it was fate.

We chatted for 18 months before meeting in person. I knew more about Gene through talking on the internet and via phone than I did with my previous husband for 17 years.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can someone explain how someone can not have been looking for love online yet met their SO through an online dating service? Why would one go to an online dating service not looking for love? :unsure:

Thru Cherry Blossoms... He was looking for me, I wasn't looking for him... meaning I was on his preferred age bracket and he's not on mine. Thank goodness, he saw me one day amongst his 100s daily matches and messaged me. Otherwise, we will never ever have met. The rest is history. That is why we call it fate, providence, destiny... :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I met my honey online. I notice that that's how I do most of my 'meeting others' --

I just do not work in a 'traditional' work place -- pretty much an independent worker. Plus most of the people I do work with are much, much younger than myself, or much, much older...

I like bars/clubs, but I don't like being picked up there nor do I try because I always see those venues as "meat markets" Ugh.

I find the internet much more convenient because it allows me to better get to know the other (I retain information much better in writing than listening -- I'm a visual learner/observer).

Sure, people can lie.... but if one is careful and alert, there are ways to detect (unless of course, the person is a professional scam artist... eh).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Sure, people can lie.... but if one is careful and alert, there are ways to detect (unless of course, the person is a professional scam artist... eh).

There are plenty of liars who meet people by "traditional" methods as well.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Lai and I met on the Internet at a singles site. And we were both there actively, deliberately seeking a spouse (gasp!). I find it amusing how often people will say they met on the Internet, but then will be quick to point out that it was entirely accidental and they'd had no real intention of finding a spouse there, as if there were something weird or sad about people who purposely look for their mates that way, and they want to assure everyone they aren't losers ;)

I only 'point it out' because most of the time I'm answering a question like this or someone asks me and my answer requires a little more explanation.

I certainly have no problem with people deliberately looking online for a spouse and it works very well for many people. There is perhaps more of a stigma attached when you're younger, however. When you're older it's considered more acceptable for the very reasons Kazan states. When you're my age, you're so surrounded by single friends and good dating networks that you're expected to find someone there instead. I know many people who will have no problems with their parents or parents' friends dating online but would still consider it weird if one of their own peers found love online.

Similarly, I "point it out" because usually people are asking how you met online. No, I wasn't looking for a spouse, it wasn't even on my radar. I wasn't interested in any kind of relationship at the time. Perhaps that's why the name I used on the music chat room whee we met wasn't one of those cutesie gender-specific types, you know the kind I mean..."cutegrrl", "babyluv", "hottyforu", etc, etc... LOL Our chat room conversations turned to email, to phone calls, to his first visit...and there you go...

I don't care if others want to purposefully go online to meet. I say, hey...go for it!

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's not polite to point. :P

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Met hubby online in 2005 in a yahoo christian chat room.... Grandparents went on vacation to Israel & Egypt in March 2006 and I asked them to meet him and let me know what they thought ... he definitely got the :thumbs: thumbs up! :dance: :devil:
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We met on Myspace! ^_^

I thought he was a hottie and sent him a friend request...which is strange because I'm not one to send friend requests to random people, let alone random men who live on the other side of the world! Something just drew me to him and the connection between us was instantaneous! It was so natural...I don't think I really realized what had happened until I was in deep! Ok, now I'm sounding like a sap...but that is how it really happened. :yes:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

There are plenty of liars who meet people by "traditional" methods as well.

Sooo true!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Online on AOL Canada chat in 1998..I was in Canada 3 weeks later!

Aug 21,1999 Married in Toronto

I-130 APPROVED CSC DECEMBER 3,2004

I-129(K3) APPROVED November 17, 2004

INTERVIEW January 19,2005-switched from K3 to IR-1

I-601 waiver filed at interview

February 18 I-864/DS-230/IR-1 fee paid at Montreal consulate

WAIVER SENT TO VSC from Montreal April 1,2005

Expedited with senator assistance.

Touches April 21/May 23/June10

I-601 APPROVED JUNE 17,2005!!!!!!!!!!

N400 NOA May 15,2008

Biometrics May 30,2008 Atlanta