Dr. A ♥ O

Freaking Scary War Dreams

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I posted this in another thread but it got me thinking. I've never directly been in combat but since 9/11 and the start of this war I've been having war related dreams. Does anybody else have war dreams these days?

Last night I had another war dream that woke me up. I was in a village like in Latin America could be the Middle East and I was a nurse of some sort in a school of other student nurses. There are gun fire and shooting all around and women screaming and crying "That is a school". We were frightened and went to look what was going on. It seemed like military forces were moving in a grid surrounding us and killing random people. There didn't seem to be an escape. I witnessed a boy on one block being shot to death and then our group ran around to another block and saw a tank and a military commander coming at us. It looked like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad president of Iran coming at us. Half my group split to try to make an escape further up and the other half that I went with went to hide in a building. Our instructor said to us, "Whatever you do, don't get in their way, and do what they say."

Then I got a telephone call on a cell phone that wasn't mine and it was a US Marine calling my brother, Oz, asking where he is. I told him I must have Oz's phone and he's in Iraq. Then the man thanked me and hung up. I thought why didn't I say something to the man to get a message to my brother that we had been captured. Then Ahmadinejad poked his head in the door and said to us, "Hello professionals in medicine. I have new orders for you." That's when I woke up!

I also had a dream years ago. I remember mini-bombs that were painted white with a red star and hundreds of them blanketing the sky of every capital city in the US. I was confused because I thought they looked like US made and I didn't understand why they would do this to their own people. After I jolted awake from that dream I went online and started searching every flag out there that was white with a red star like on the bombs in the dream and I discovered it most matched North Korea's flag. Then a few months later or a few years later there was an article in TIME magazine on mini-nukes and some jabber in the media about North Korea testing nukes. It could be a coincidence or just a dream I had once.

Freaking scary war dreams!

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

sounds like, 1..you got too much stress in your life and no technique to defuse it and 2. watching too much news prior to sleep

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I can't recall ever having a war dream. As I have gotten older (I'm 51 now) I seldom go into deep enough sleep to dream anymore. I did when I was younger, but I seldom have vivid enough dreams now to recall them. I'm not an insomniac, but I wake up frequently at night and go back to sleep. It has been 10 years or more since I have slept 5 hours or more uninterupted. I go to sleep easily at night, but wake up several times every few hours. Most times I wake up before the alarm clock.

I occasionally had nightmares in my youth, but since I no longer go into deep sleep I don't get nightmares anymore. Old age has its advantages. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

If i fall asleep watching CNN and its on there, then yea i dream it too

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

try this on for size then olivia

link

sweet dreams :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Gulp. :blink: Thx!

I don't own a TV I read books or news article. Gotta love the internet for clips like this!

link

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Gulp. :blink: Thx!

I don't own a TV I read books or news article. Gotta love the internet for clips like this!

link

:devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I used to have dreams about soldiers being blown up and body parts laying around , decapitated heads were mumbling and blinking their eyes at me as I walked through the carnage, but this was years ago during the Vietnam war. I also recall having a few dreams about concentration camps, being on a train, being led to the gas and being unable to breathe and being in a field of dead bodies in various stages of decomposition. Extremely macabre .

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I dreamed about WWII when I was a kid.In those dreams I was always hiding from Germans (if there is someone from Germany reading this, no offense).I think it was because they thought us about it in school, they talked about war a lot and how many children died.When I think about that now I realize that they were maybe trying to brainwash us.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i once had a dream about being a soldier and camping out in an abandoned and ruined building and i asked a psychiatrist that i know, what that means, and she told me that usually dreams involving wars mean your going through financial hardship but its definitely about financial problems

I-129F Sent : 05-08-08

VSC Recieved I-129F: 05-10-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 05-20-2008

Check Cleared: 05-23-2008

Touched : 06-26-2008

Touched : 06-27-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 09-12-2008

NVC Received: 09-17-2008

Consulate Received : 10-10-2008

Consulate Mailed Packet to Fiance : 12-18-2008 - PACKET NEVER ARRIVED

Medical Exams In Juarez : 01-15-2009

Consulate Interview : 01-16-2009

Visa Finally Granted : 01-21-2009 - AFTER CONSULATE LOST PASSPORT FOR A FEW DAYS !!!!!!

POE at JFK Airport in New York : 02-01-2009

Timeline
when i have scarey dreams my husband says i need to covery my azz when i sleep. it works!

:secret:

maybe that's not a dream when you leave it uncovered.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I posted this in another thread but it got me thinking. I've never directly been in combat but since 9/11 and the start of this war I've been having war related dreams. Does anybody else have war dreams these days?

Last night I had another war dream that woke me up. I was in a village like in Latin America could be the Middle East and I was a nurse of some sort in a school of other student nurses. There are gun fire and shooting all around and women screaming and crying "That is a school". We were frightened and went to look what was going on. It seemed like military forces were moving in a grid surrounding us and killing random people. There didn't seem to be an escape. I witnessed a boy on one block being shot to death and then our group ran around to another block and saw a tank and a military commander coming at us. It looked like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad president of Iran coming at us. Half my group split to try to make an escape further up and the other half that I went with went to hide in a building. Our instructor said to us, "Whatever you do, don't get in their way, and do what they say."

Then I got a telephone call on a cell phone that wasn't mine and it was a US Marine calling my brother, Oz, asking where he is. I told him I must have Oz's phone and he's in Iraq. Then the man thanked me and hung up. I thought why didn't I say something to the man to get a message to my brother that we had been captured. Then Ahmadinejad poked his head in the door and said to us, "Hello professionals in medicine. I have new orders for you." That's when I woke up!

I also had a dream years ago. I remember mini-bombs that were painted white with a red star and hundreds of them blanketing the sky of every capital city in the US. I was confused because I thought they looked like US made and I didn't understand why they would do this to their own people. After I jolted awake from that dream I went online and started searching every flag out there that was white with a red star like on the bombs in the dream and I discovered it most matched North Korea's flag. Then a few months later or a few years later there was an article in TIME magazine on mini-nukes and some jabber in the media about North Korea testing nukes. It could be a coincidence or just a dream I had once.

Freaking scary war dreams!

Maybe it's a sign for you to enlist.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
when i have scarey dreams my husband says i need to covery my azz when i sleep. it works!

:secret:

maybe that's not a dream when you leave it uncovered.

:bonk::bonk:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi