42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
In response to earlier comments, I do not believe it would take years to investigate my claims, nor do I believe ICE would not take me seriously. I have been in contact with ICE already, just have not yet filed a report. I am not simply a 'third-party.' I was involved in this. He had overlapping marriage licenses and continuously claimed his marriage was simply for the green card--I have that in writing. AND, remember, he asked me to marry his brother. This is a Federal offense. To pound his fists on a table and demand 'rights' as a part-time father and keep my children from living a medication-free life (in an area with better education opportunities and less crime), well, I think that's NERVE. Especially when he lies on his income tax returns to avoid high child support payments and to avoid paying taxes altogether.

What you were told by ICE and what will most likely happen are two vastly different things. The fact of the matter is, just like USCIS, ICE is somewhat overwhlemed and investigating/deporting someone accused of marriage fraud by a third party is not likely to be on their priority list of things to do. It is what it is....but that should not stop you from pursuing that avenue. All we're saying is, please do not expect any resolution to this anytime soon.

Truth is, you are a third party as far as any kind of legal action is concerned, whether it be divorce court, immigration court or ICE. You are not his wife. Concurrent marriage licenses are just that, two 'permissions' to marry two different people. As far as I know there are no reprecussions to not being able to make up your mind about who you want to marry. As far as what you have in writing....well he can always claim that 'he was just saying that to allay your fears and to romance you'. By your very own admission, you have had an on-again-off-again relationship with this man.

I notified him that I was pregnant in April 2005, but I had NO clue he had already married this woman ... Once the baby was born, he seemed to be back into a relationship with me (yes, physical and visiting me and the baby). I have several e-mails from him, which state that he loves me, etc. Some of a graphic nature, as well. Once I found out that he was married, he swore it was for green card purposes, and we continued to maintain a relationship; although, eventually I was uncomfortable with things and I ended it.

Without knowing futher details, only what you presented here, I'll tell you what this looks like: You had a relationship with a man, got pregnant by him, had his child, found out he was married, continued to see him....ending the relationship only later for reasons that are your own. Now, you want him deported in effect terminating his parental rights, so that you can move your son to a better climate fo health purposes. Your intent is supremely justified...the means are flawed.

Use this evidence that you have(along w/ anything not related to his fraudulent immigration process), prove in court that your son's father is of less than stellar character, perhaps this will aid you in securing permission from the court for you to move to the place of your choosing.

Hoping that ICE will remove this man from your life in any timely fashion is truly just a dream.

Good luck,

-P

My thoughts..! :thumbs:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but I have the impression, you are trying to jump on the horse from the wrong side...

After reading all of this and finally understanding what is going on, I completely agree. Unfortunately, he is the new wife's problem now. All you can do is fight him for what is best for your child, and hope that a judge rules in your favor. Given his behavior, I don't think you'll have trouble getting a ruling in your favor.

If you want the new wife know he was cheating on her, that is your prerogative. HOWEVER - it is ultimately up to her to convince ICE as to the invalid nature of their marriage - and she may not even decide that, who knows. She is the USC that he married and thus changed his status based on, so she would have to be the one to pursue visa fraud or a case with ICE. I suspect anything you report to them probably comes across as a disgruntled ex, which may be why you've never heard anything back from them.

Personally, I would focus on my child and getting moved and let the pig wallow in his mud. Karma will catch up with him one day - you have bigger and better things to focus on.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is marriage and immigration fraud, serious situation for all involved. :unsure:

This is long....my son's father and I are battling things out in court right now. We live in Florida and my son has allergy-induced bronchial asthma. He takes multiple medications/breathing treatments each day and I am attempting to move up north because he and my daughter from another relationship are constantly medicated. My son is two. Our pediatrician said it would drastically improve their health if we moved to an area that had fewer allergents. My son's father, however, who seems to still have emotional ties to me, refuses to agree to the move; so I have to petition the court, and, in Florida, it is not likely that the relocation will be granted if he objects to it. And he said he would object. Here's the issue. I had a marriage license with my this man, who is from the Dominican Republic, in March 2005. I broke off the engagement as I felt it was green-card related. He, in turn, and within two months, married another woman. He specifically mentioned to me that he knew somebody he could marry for the green card; I just didn't know he would do it. I notified him that I was pregnant in April 2005, but I had NO clue he had already married this woman (I believe he had a marriage license in Florida with me at the same time he had a marriage license with her in New York). Once the baby was born, he seemed to be back into a relationship with me (yes, physical and visiting me and the baby). I have several e-mails from him, which state that he loves me, etc. Some of a graphic nature, as well. Once I found out that he was married, he swore it was for green card purposes, and we continued to maintain a relationship; although, eventually I was uncomfortable with things and I ended it. I have e-mails regarding his having to wait two years, and how I need to have patience, and he loves me, and even one alluding to the divorce, which he had already planned one year into the marriage. We have a DNA test from February 2006, proving he is the father. He wed this lady around April 2005. I am SURE that he has had to fill out forms sometime between February 2006 and May 2007, which is when his wife found out about our son (she had no clue until May 2007). Would this scenario constitute marriage fraud, even if she may not be a party to it? I'm sure she will do the 'stand by your man' thing; but he also has a webpage (very current), which indicates he is 'Single' and 'Looking to Date Women.' To add to all of this, in August 2006 (six months after he knew, via DNA testing, that he was my son's father, and days before and after he sent multiple e-mails to me, telling me he loves me), he sent me a link to an immigration website, telling me to fill out a form. I wrote back asking him what he wanted me to fill out the form for. He said 'to bring my brother from the Dominican Republic.' When I viewed the form, it was one of those preliminary fiance ones. He has been married since about April 2005. Will ICE investigate this? Isn't it a Federal Offense to solicit somebody to assist with fraudulent entry of an alien into the U.S.?

im confused if u have sole custody of ur child why would u have to go to court to move to a place that is better for his health? in most cases where u live only come into play when u are married and divorced and it states in the divorce papers that u can only move 50 miles or what ever away from the father.......would interfere with his visitation rights.......if the father of the child is not supporting him and has not visitation rights other than what u allow how does he have a choice in the matter?...........and since he is not a citizen of the usa.........how does he have any rights to the child at all regarding his place of residence?

im sorry but i been following this and i guess i just had to ask these questions so i can fully understand the problem......i hope i didnt offend u............

Custody laws have changed GREATLY over the past few years. I do not have sole custody. I have what is called 'joint parental custody, with primary residential responsibility.' Meaning he can visit if he wants to, or he doesn't have to at all, or he can visit only WHEN he wants to (off and on, which is what he does). So, he DOES have visitation rights, he just doesn't utilize them consistently (i.e., missed three of 8 in February, and already missed one the first week in April; picks him up late, drops him off early). So, just as in a divorce, he can contest my moving more than 50 miles away.

No offense taken.

In response to earlier comments, I do not believe it would take years to investigate my claims, nor do I believe ICE would not take me seriously. I have been in contact with ICE already, just have not yet filed a report. I am not simply a 'third-party.' I was involved in this. He had overlapping marriage licenses and continuously claimed his marriage was simply for the green card--I have that in writing. AND, remember, he asked me to marry his brother. This is a Federal offense. To pound his fists on a table and demand 'rights' as a part-time father and keep my children from living a medication-free life (in an area with better education opportunities and less crime), well, I think that's NERVE. Especially when he lies on his income tax returns to avoid high child support payments and to avoid paying taxes altogether.

They might take you seriously, but the guy has a green card based on a marriage to another person who (it seems) will vouch for the validity of her marriage. And he has the right to due process, appeals, &c, even if they take your case seriously. And they might. But read the news; people who are deported have usually been bouncing around in the system for two or so years.

I also don't know if it's a federal offense to suggest someone marry someone else for immigration when no fraud is actually perpetuated.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I say threaten him

The OP is trying to move away for her son, the man is clearly a fraud, two marriage liscences (sp) only a dubious character would have two of them at the sametime.

tell him u kept the e-mails and all that and you will show it to his wife and immigration if he doesn't stop fighting. If he doing this stopping so his son, a person he rarely doesn't visit can move to a better place, it's not about his son, but about the OP.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
This is long....my son's father and I are battling things out in court right now. We live in Florida and my son has allergy-induced bronchial asthma. He takes multiple medications/breathing treatments each day and I am attempting to move up north because he and my daughter from another relationship are constantly medicated. My son is two. Our pediatrician said it would drastically improve their health if we moved to an area that had fewer allergents. My son's father, however, who seems to still have emotional ties to me, refuses to agree to the move; so I have to petition the court, and, in Florida, it is not likely that the relocation will be granted if he objects to it. And he said he would object. Here's the issue. I had a marriage license with my this man, who is from the Dominican Republic, in March 2005. I broke off the engagement as I felt it was green-card related. He, in turn, and within two months, married another woman. He specifically mentioned to me that he knew somebody he could marry for the green card; I just didn't know he would do it. I notified him that I was pregnant in April 2005, but I had NO clue he had already married this woman (I believe he had a marriage license in Florida with me at the same time he had a marriage license with her in New York). Once the baby was born, he seemed to be back into a relationship with me (yes, physical and visiting me and the baby). I have several e-mails from him, which state that he loves me, etc. Some of a graphic nature, as well. Once I found out that he was married, he swore it was for green card purposes, and we continued to maintain a relationship; although, eventually I was uncomfortable with things and I ended it. I have e-mails regarding his having to wait two years, and how I need to have patience, and he loves me, and even one alluding to the divorce, which he had already planned one year into the marriage. We have a DNA test from February 2006, proving he is the father. He wed this lady around April 2005. I am SURE that he has had to fill out forms sometime between February 2006 and May 2007, which is when his wife found out about our son (she had no clue until May 2007). Would this scenario constitute marriage fraud, even if she may not be a party to it? I'm sure she will do the 'stand by your man' thing; but he also has a webpage (very current), which indicates he is 'Single' and 'Looking to Date Women.' To add to all of this, in August 2006 (six months after he knew, via DNA testing, that he was my son's father, and days before and after he sent multiple e-mails to me, telling me he loves me), he sent me a link to an immigration website, telling me to fill out a form. I wrote back asking him what he wanted me to fill out the form for. He said 'to bring my brother from the Dominican Republic.' When I viewed the form, it was one of those preliminary fiance ones. He has been married since about April 2005. Will ICE investigate this? Isn't it a Federal Offense to solicit somebody to assist with fraudulent entry of an alien into the U.S.?

You wrote, "He specifically mentioned to me that he knew somebody he could marry for the green card; I just didn't know he would do it. I notified him that I was pregnant in April 2005, but I had NO clue he had already married this woman (I believe he had a marriage license in Florida with me at the same time he had a marriage license with her in New York)."

He may have already broken the law if got NY marriage license after he recieved a Florida marriage license. This would mean his second marriage is not legal. Additionally, the other woman may not know if your fiance married her for greencard purposes. If so, then she is only a victim of marriage fraud. Marriage fraud does not need to two people to commit the fraud. Often there are victims and sole perpatrators.

All you need to do is bring this information forward to the Department of State:

1) Acquiring a NY marriage license while having an marriage license to you in Florida is not legal. This is bigamy.

2) Emails from fiance stating he entered into the NY marraige for greencard purposes and is actively planning divorce from her. This is critical information that would help prove marriage fraud.

3) Thirdly, give information pertaining to his webpage where he advertises himself as single.

This guy sounds like a real scammer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

what is the form ####?

Is it 129F???? or G325A???

Is he asking you to be the FIANCE SPONSOR for his brother????

If so, maybe your Domincan guy realized you don't know much about immigration forms and is trying to get you to sponsor his brother!

I would stay away from this guy as far as you can keep him.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

You wrote, "He specifically mentioned to me that he knew somebody he could marry for the green card; I just didn't know he would do it. I notified him that I was pregnant in April 2005, but I had NO clue he had already married this woman (I believe he had a marriage license in Florida with me at the same time he had a marriage license with her in New York)."

He may have already broken the law if got NY marriage license after he recieved a Florida marriage license. This would mean his second marriage is not legal. Additionally, the other woman may not know if your fiance married her for greencard purposes. If so, then she is only a victim of marriage fraud. Marriage fraud does not need to two people to commit the fraud. Often there are victims and sole perpatrators.

All you need to do is bring this information forward to the Department of State:

1) Acquiring a NY marriage license while having an marriage license to you in Florida is not legal. This is bigamy.

2) Emails from fiance stating he entered into the NY marraige for greencard purposes and is actively planning divorce from her. This is critical information that would help prove marriage fraud.

3) Thirdly, give information pertaining to his webpage where he advertises himself as single.

This guy sounds like a real scammer.

Having 2 marriage licenses is not illegal. A license is not a marriage certificate until the marriage takes place. The marriage in Florida never happened. The fact he didn't know which one he wanted to marry is not a crime. A little flakey, and a little suspicious, sure. But not a crime.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My guess is that if you ceassed contact with the father, he would disappear. Already at this point, he has a wife who is not totally aware of the situation, a son who he is not visiting on schedule, and an ex who he cheated on and left to be completely responsible for his child. Unfortunately dear, sometimes you have to do what is best for yourself and your children. It sounds like you need to make the decisions and tell him what you are going to do. So far he has declined to be involved in the welfare of the child. You need a journal to keep track of everytime he misses his visitation with his son. You also need to quit contacting him to remind him of his visitation hours. If he shows up, write it down. If he doesn't, write that down also. Make sure you keep track of the actual hours spent with his son. If he makes a child support payment, document it. If not, document that too. Your primary concern is to show his parental rights are not being exercised. You are going to need proof for the court that this child's father is not concerned about the child, only being manipulative. From the picture you paint, I think if you simply quit contacting him by phone, mail, or email, and put him on your spam list or ignore list, he would disappear. I do not think he would be persistant enough to keep contacting you, or to show up in person making demands.

It will be hard to do, but as a mother you have a responsibility, and that child is your first and foremost responsibility.

It is very painful to be hurt. It is even more painful to be reminded of it every day. Thank God for the blessings in your life, and ask him to let you accept the things that can not be changed. I really hope things work out for the best.

I always say, there is good in everything, sometimes you just have to look harder to find it.

Sue

Filed: Timeline
No offense, but I think you have no idea, HOW slow they really are...

I am not telling you to NOT persue this, but for the sake of your child I would strongly recommend to try and get sole custody or at least to have the right to move without his consent.

I think it would be easier to concinve a court that he isn't too much into his child than go all the way through a deportation process.

If you want to file that report with ICE, go ahead, but I wouldn't wait for a result in your favor any time soon.

Just out of curiousity, do you have any proof that he tried to get you married to his brother?

I have an e-mail from him that contains a link to a website, and he listed a specific document that he wanted me to fill out. I didn't look at the document, but I noticed the link was something to the effect of 'Bring Alien to the U.S.' I wrote back to him, without looking at the form, and asked, why he wanted me to fill out that document. He said, 'to bring my brother here.' When I looked at the document, it was specifically for applying to get a fiance to the U.S.

That is not proof. He could very easily have linked the wrong form, or the webmaster could have changed the link. Now if he came right out and asked you to commit immigration fraud that is another thing. I think you are grasping at strawa, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with that, you just put yourself in a place where you will just feel more and more wronged.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

I know that I have not appeared very sympathetic to your plea for assistance in how best to report this guy's actions. You might wonder why, and while I feel for your predicament having a child with this person and not witnessing his genuine concern for the child, I am struggling with the fact that you find his actions outrageous, and outrageous enough to turn him in to immigration authorities. Perhaps that reason I struggle with this concept is related to this comment you made

Once I found out that he was married, he swore it was for green card purposes, and we continued to maintain a relationship; although, eventually I was uncomfortable with things and I ended it.

I am perplexed with only one issue here. Why is it that when you learned that he was married, and the reasons he offered for why he married (i.e. for the immigrant benefit, you claim he declared) you continued the relationship with him? What hasbecome outrageous now, that you not only found tolerable, but were willing to continue a relationship with him?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.