42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I too think that it would be difficult to have him deported since the OP is not involved in his immigration process. I guess, reporting him won't hurt, but I doubt it would help her anything with the situation of her child. Even IF ICE would start investigating, it would probably take god-knows-how long until it would go in effect.

Mairejain, maybe it would be somehow possible to revoke his parental rights? Maybe a little "blackmailing" would do it, kinda like "You give your consens to me moving to a different are, or I'll report you to ICE for fraud."

Maybe you are lucky and he doesn't really know what exactly you would be able to do to him!?

I know that's a little drastic, but for the health of your children, I think I'd try anything...

Exactly my plan. I am more concerned with my childrens health than him ANY day. His wife does NOT know about all of this. I am sure if she knew the truth, she may take action (she HAS threatened him before). I don't want to go to this extreme, but I will if my hand is forced. He is under the impression that since his two years have passed, he's home free. I do not think after finding out that he has been cheating on her since DAY ONE, she will back him up. She just doesn't know yet.

And somebody mentioned earlier the form to remove conditions. If that person was referring to the I-75 form (or something to that effect), it DOES specifically ask about children. And, since it IS filed jointly, there is NO way he would have listed our son.

I thought you said that his current wife learned of your son in May 2007. I'm confused :blush:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think that it would be difficult to have him deported since the OP is not involved in his immigration process. I guess, reporting him won't hurt, but I doubt it would help her anything with the situation of her child. Even IF ICE would start investigating, it would probably take god-knows-how long until it would go in effect.

Mairejain, maybe it would be somehow possible to revoke his parental rights? Maybe a little "blackmailing" would do it, kinda like "You give your consens to me moving to a different are, or I'll report you to ICE for fraud."

Maybe you are lucky and he doesn't really know what exactly you would be able to do to him!?

I know that's a little drastic, but for the health of your children, I think I'd try anything...

Exactly my plan. I am more concerned with my childrens health than him ANY day. His wife does NOT know about all of this. I am sure if she knew the truth, she may take action (she HAS threatened him before). I don't want to go to this extreme, but I will if my hand is forced. He is under the impression that since his two years have passed, he's home free. I do not think after finding out that he has been cheating on her since DAY ONE, she will back him up. She just doesn't know yet.

And somebody mentioned earlier the form to remove conditions. If that person was referring to the I-75 form (or something to that effect), it DOES specifically ask about children. And, since it IS filed jointly, there is NO way he would have listed our son.

I thought you said that his current wife learned of your son in May 2007. I'm confused :blush:

She doesn't know about his CURRENT cheating or cheating THROUGHOUT the marriage. All she knows about is my son. And I was engaged to him before she was, so she has NO clue on any cheating at all. So he was able to explain it away. She also doesn't know that he sent me e-mails about divorcing her about a year into their marriage. Finally, she does not know (I mentioned it in my very first post) that he solicited me to marry his brother and bring him here. She's a really nice lady too. It's unfortunate.

She doesn't know about his CURRENT cheating or cheating THROUGHOUT the marriage. All she knows about is my son. And I was engaged to him before she was, so she has NO clue on any cheating at all. So he was able to explain it away. She also doesn't know that he sent me e-mails about divorcing her about a year into their marriage. Finally, she does not know (I mentioned it in my very first post) that he solicited me to marry his brother and bring him here. She's a really nice lady too. It's unfortunate.

Forgive me, but I simply must ask. Do you think that as well as your desire to send a strong "message" to him about his responsibility for your child (i.e. getting him removed from the country so that you could move your child to a better area) that there is also a latent desire that complicating his immigration process would unravel his current marriage? I can't help but think that the child's health should be your foremost initiative, and that his removal from the country is not necessarily the best way to go with this. I only ask because you appear, to me anyway, to be more preoccupied with what could happen to them and his current wife not being aware of your trysts with him, than what else you can do to enable your child to get to a more healthy environment.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I only ask because you appear, to me anyway, to be more preoccupied with what could happen to them and his current wife not being aware of your trysts with him, than what else you can do to enable your child to get to a more healthy environment.

Not just to you, DM...not just to you.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I only ask because you appear, to me anyway, to be more preoccupied with what could happen to them and his current wife not being aware of your trysts with him, than what else you can do to enable your child to get to a more healthy environment.

I get the impression that if the OP simply packed up and left one day, this man wouldn't really be following along. In any event, I can't see a judge ruling against the child's best interest.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I get the impression that if the OP simply packed up and left one day, this man wouldn't really be following along. In any event, I can't see a judge ruling against the child's best interest.

EXACTLY. It is VERY hard in Florida to relocate, even if the father is substandard, as my son's father is. He used this woman for the green card; I just dumped him timely enough so that it wasn't me (in fact, he cheated on ME with HER, which is one of the reasons I left). This MAY be the only way to get my son to a healthy environment IF he contests the move (which he plans to). It's extreme, but deaths from asthma attacks aren't predicted. They just happen. And I can't risk that for a 'father,' who has only been in a child's life for 9 months (and the child is not yet 2 1/2).

There is much more to this, and a few assumptions are clearly wrong, but I believe I have gotten some good information here. I will definitely update this post when everything unravels.

Any additional information anybody would like to add would be greatly appreciated.

Right, I get that. But even if ICE launches an investigation based on your report (questionable, but hey, it could happen), we're talking, what, years before he's deported? That's not going to help your kid.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im confused if u have sole custody of ur child why would u have to go to court to move to a place that is better for his health? in most cases where u live only come into play when u are married and divorced and it states in the divorce papers that u can only move 50 miles or what ever away from the father.......would interfere with his visitation rights.......if the father of the child is not supporting him and has not visitation rights other than what u allow how does he have a choice in the matter?...........and since he is not a citizen of the usa.........how does he have any rights to the child at all regarding his place of residence?

im sorry but i been following this and i guess i just had to ask these questions so i can fully understand the problem......i hope i didnt offend u............

im confused if u have sole custody of ur child why would u have to go to court to move to a place that is better for his health? in most cases where u live only come into play when u are married and divorced and it states in the divorce papers that u can only move 50 miles or what ever away from the father.......would interfere with his visitation rights.......if the father of the child is not supporting him and has not visitation rights other than what u allow how does he have a choice in the matter?...........and since he is not a citizen of the usa.........how does he have any rights to the child at all regarding his place of residence?

im sorry but i been following this and i guess i just had to ask these questions so i can fully understand the problem......i hope i didnt offend u............

Custody laws have changed GREATLY over the past few years. I do not have sole custody. I have what is called 'joint parental custody, with primary residential responsibility.' Meaning he can visit if he wants to, or he doesn't have to at all, or he can visit only WHEN he wants to (off and on, which is what he does). So, he DOES have visitation rights, he just doesn't utilize them consistently (i.e., missed three of 8 in February, and already missed one the first week in April; picks him up late, drops him off early). So, just as in a divorce, he can contest my moving more than 50 miles away.

No offense taken.

In response to earlier comments, I do not believe it would take years to investigate my claims, nor do I believe ICE would not take me seriously. I have been in contact with ICE already, just have not yet filed a report. I am not simply a 'third-party.' I was involved in this. He had overlapping marriage licenses and continuously claimed his marriage was simply for the green card--I have that in writing. AND, remember, he asked me to marry his brother. This is a Federal offense. To pound his fists on a table and demand 'rights' as a part-time father and keep my children from living a medication-free life (in an area with better education opportunities and less crime), well, I think that's NERVE. Especially when he lies on his income tax returns to avoid high child support payments and to avoid paying taxes altogether.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

when my sis got divorced the first thing she did was go down and file for sole custody while waiting for the divorce papers to go thru........based on her husbands failure to appear for visits she had set up she ended up with full custody of the kids and does not have to contact him if she wants to move.....she only has to give the court her new address even if its in a different state.........many women that have not married to their childs father first thing they do when the child is born is file a paper with the court showing they have full and sole custody of the child.......he can later go to court and try to get it over turned.........but in most cases it dont happen..........i wish u well with ur court battles.........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

No offense, but I think you have no idea, HOW slow they really are...

I am not telling you to NOT persue this, but for the sake of your child I would strongly recommend to try and get sole custody or at least to have the right to move without his consent.

I think it would be easier to concinve a court that he isn't too much into his child than go all the way through a deportation process.

If you want to file that report with ICE, go ahead, but I wouldn't wait for a result in your favor any time soon.

Just out of curiousity, do you have any proof that he tried to get you married to his brother?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

No offense, but I think you have no idea, HOW slow they really are...

I am not telling you to NOT persue this, but for the sake of your child I would strongly recommend to try and get sole custody or at least to have the right to move without his consent.

I think it would be easier to concinve a court that he isn't too much into his child than go all the way through a deportation process.

If you want to file that report with ICE, go ahead, but I wouldn't wait for a result in your favor any time soon.

Just out of curiousity, do you have any proof that he tried to get you married to his brother?

I have an e-mail from him that contains a link to a website, and he listed a specific document that he wanted me to fill out. I didn't look at the document, but I noticed the link was something to the effect of 'Bring Alien to the U.S.' I wrote back to him, without looking at the form, and asked, why he wanted me to fill out that document. He said, 'to bring my brother here.' When I looked at the document, it was specifically for applying to get a fiance to the U.S.

when my sis got divorced the first thing she did was go down and file for sole custody while waiting for the divorce papers to go thru........based on her husbands failure to appear for visits she had set up she ended up with full custody of the kids and does not have to contact him if she wants to move.....she only has to give the court her new address even if its in a different state.........many women that have not married to their childs father first thing they do when the child is born is file a paper with the court showing they have full and sole custody of the child.......he can later go to court and try to get it over turned.........but in most cases it dont happen..........i wish u well with ur court battles.........

Florida is a VERY different state. They feel that health-related issues, if they are not completely DIRE, do not take precedence to the father's relationship with the child; no matter how minimaly involved. Of course, now that we are battling it out in court, he will tighten up his act. For example, the court ordered three full days of visitation per week; he renegotiated down to 1.5 days per week. He picked the days he wanted. And he still misses many of them. I see that lots of people say ICE is slow. My son's condition is visually worse each month. I requested that his father accompany me to the doctor so that he can hear for himself what she has to say (that a move up north would greatly benefit him medically). He refuses to go, with me or alone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Florida is a VERY different state. They feel that health-related issues, if they are not completely DIRE, do not take precedence to the father's relationship with the child; no matter how minimaly involved. Of course, now that we are battling it out in court, he will tighten up his act. For example, the court ordered three full days of visitation per week; he renegotiated down to 1.5 days per week. He picked the days he wanted. And he still misses many of them. I see that lots of people say ICE is slow. My son's condition is visually worse each month. I requested that his father accompany me to the doctor so that he can hear for himself what she has to say (that a move up north would greatly benefit him medically). He refuses to go, with me or alone.

Wouldn't that all be good points for you to convince a court to give you the right to move? I mean, he obviously does everything to NOT see his kid as much as he could, don't you think a judge would see that too?

I don't know, but I have the impression, you are trying to jump on the horse from the wrong side...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

In response to earlier comments, I do not believe it would take years to investigate my claims, nor do I believe ICE would not take me seriously. I have been in contact with ICE already, just have not yet filed a report. I am not simply a 'third-party.' I was involved in this. He had overlapping marriage licenses and continuously claimed his marriage was simply for the green card--I have that in writing. AND, remember, he asked me to marry his brother. This is a Federal offense. To pound his fists on a table and demand 'rights' as a part-time father and keep my children from living a medication-free life (in an area with better education opportunities and less crime), well, I think that's NERVE. Especially when he lies on his income tax returns to avoid high child support payments and to avoid paying taxes altogether.

What you were told by ICE and what will most likely happen are two vastly different things. The fact of the matter is, just like USCIS, ICE is somewhat overwhlemed and investigating/deporting someone accused of marriage fraud by a third party is not likely to be on their priority list of things to do. It is what it is....but that should not stop you from pursuing that avenue. All we're saying is, please do not expect any resolution to this anytime soon.

Truth is, you are a third party as far as any kind of legal action is concerned, whether it be divorce court, immigration court or ICE. You are not his wife. Concurrent marriage licenses are just that, two 'permissions' to marry two different people. As far as I know there are no reprecussions to not being able to make up your mind about who you want to marry. As far as what you have in writing....well he can always claim that 'he was just saying that to allay your fears and to romance you'. By your very own admission, you have had an on-again-off-again relationship with this man.

I notified him that I was pregnant in April 2005, but I had NO clue he had already married this woman ... Once the baby was born, he seemed to be back into a relationship with me (yes, physical and visiting me and the baby). I have several e-mails from him, which state that he loves me, etc. Some of a graphic nature, as well. Once I found out that he was married, he swore it was for green card purposes, and we continued to maintain a relationship; although, eventually I was uncomfortable with things and I ended it.

Without knowing futher details, only what you presented here, I'll tell you what this looks like: You had a relationship with a man, got pregnant by him, had his child, found out he was married, continued to see him....ending the relationship only later for reasons that are your own. Now, you want him deported in effect terminating his parental rights, so that you can move your son to a better climate fo health purposes. Your intent is supremely justified...the means are flawed.

Use this evidence that you have(along w/ anything not related to his fraudulent immigration process), prove in court that your son's father is of less than stellar character, perhaps this will aid you in securing permission from the court for you to move to the place of your choosing.

Hoping that ICE will remove this man from your life in any timely fashion is truly just a dream.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.