pugsly

Things your SO says that makes you laugh.

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Does your SO ever say things to you that just cracks you the hell up, becouse of english barrior? Like for instance , we where having serious conversation about ...birth control. He came back next day and said, " so what kind of PARENTAL CONTROL are you gonna use?" There is so many more things he has said that just cracks me up but i cant think of them now, do you have any?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

my husband, even now after more than 3 years here, insists on saying sockses instead of socks.

for example "do these sockses match what I am wearing?" it cracks me up but sometimes I find MYSELF even saying it.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

She only said it once when she first got here, but now my family teases her every time someone orders it...

We were out at a restaurant and she wanted mini corn dogs. She asked the waitress for "mini con dongs". She got embarrassed at first when I told her what she was saying but now she cracks up any time someone mentions it.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

"Luke doesn't look anything like Padme or Anakin. I think he is the son of Padme and some random Wookie" JVK - last night....

Oh wait, this is supposed to be language differences...NM :P

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband says "LEt me rub your feets....oh yeah, and he is the USC. :whistle:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

On our way home from our first Thanksgiving together, he said, "I really liked the smashed potatoes."

I thought... I guess they are kind of smashed :lol:

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Filed: Other Timeline
Does your SO ever say things to you that just cracks you the hell up, becouse of english barrior? Like for instance , we where having serious conversation about ...birth control. He came back next day and said, " so what kind of PARENTAL CONTROL are you gonna use?" There is so many more things he has said that just cracks me up but i cant think of them now, do you have any?

I would have said....

I dunno. Do they make your size?

It's the other way around since I am the one from a different country. He cracks up whenever I would read name of cities on highways/interstates during trips. Like Sioux City... Des Moines... Bois 'd Arc... I pronouce them the way they're spelled. :whistle: But I know better now... learning, learning.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Considering my wife's native language is English, there aren't a whole lot of barriers to overcome, except for the few differences between American and Canadian English. Believe it or not, there are some interesting differences.

For instance... the word "foyer." I'll pronounce it as "foy-er" while she'll say "foy-yay." From what I've seen, most Americans say it the way I do, but I've learned that Canadians (in general) will say it her way. Other words are like this too. Americans will say "I'm going to take the test tomorrow" as opposed to Canadians who'll say "I have that big test to write next week." I really noticed that one when I had a professor who was Canadian and she'd often say "write the test" and that'd have many students confused, since the tests were multiple choice.

There are American-specific and Canadian-specific words too. Probably two Canadian-only words that have made be laugh in the past are "keener" and "chesterfield." Although the latter she's never really used seriously. To be fair, I've said one or two things that've made her laugh too. I once casually referred to sex as "knocking boots" and she couldn't stop laughing (although to her credit, she thought it was cute).

I would have said....

Is size a great importance?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I would have said....

Is size a great importance?

That would depend. Is Eric here or not?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Instead of "how come" he says,"why come." And he's always mixing up the word for wrench and key,since in Spanish,it's the same word.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE