FutureAmerican

Which Branch of the Military would you join?

Military  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which Branch of the Military would you join?

• Army
    • Air Force
    • Marines
    • Navy
    • Coast Guard
    • National Guard/Reserves

49 posts in this topic

Well, I cant join the militry cause I am physical DQ also I am too old.

I wanted to go to the Airforce academy but I do not think I would of made it. I would gone ROTC.

Since I was 3 yrs old I wanted to be a piliot, but God had differnt plans for me

So I would of join the Airforce. Then Navy.

My Parents met in the Air Guard. I had my Uncle who was a Marine ( and was wounded on Imo Jima) My mother's brother was in the Navy (he was a Navy Aviator and killed flying a Navy Jet) I have 2 cousions that were in the Navy,

Airforce for me. MY job takes me on differnt branches of the militry and I notice the Air Force bases are more like a college campus, nicely groom and nice curb apeal.

Take care

Yogi

US Marines........... I have the kick-down-doors-and-go-through-windows personality :innocent:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yukfou - A great book about the SEALS is "Lone Survivor" - my brother-in-law got it for me as a Christmas present and I highly recommend it!

If I had NO restrictions whatsoever, I'd want to join the USAF as a Space Operations Officer - the Ultimate High Ground and one which I think will be very strategically significant in this century. I read an article about how 10-15 years from now, they may look at forming a "US Space Force" or equivalent...lightsabre training and Deathstar positions may be available as options :D

Lone survivor haan, I am definetely going to buy it....thanks.

US Space Force" or equivalent...lightsabre training and Deathstar. Sounds like star trek :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Marines for me, and hubby will be off to boot camp for the Coast Guard next month

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The Navy - they call me Sailor Jules for a reason! I love the sea!

I love the sea but get as sick as a dog when on a boat.

Me, I was going to join the RAF in my teens to train as an aircraft engineer. It was my dream at the time.

Where is the button for "none" ???

why do you hate America?

I was going to ask the same question about being a button for none. dean I am not an american hater but I am too much of a pansy to be in the armed forces!

lol.you did you servicemen for your country..i mean service.... :lol:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Hi all,

If you could join a branch of the military which one would it be?

I'm particularly interested to hear from those who have been in - if you'd try a different branch or MOS, or do the same thing again!

In my case, I would LOVE to join the USAF but they require Permanent Residency with no conditions - so I'm going in another branch first and then apply for USAF Officer, as enlisted-enlisted transfers are VERY difficult, but enlisted-officer are a lot easier.

Marines.......obviously. I retired from the Corps......

I had various MOS's while in the Corps, Supply Warehousemen (3051), Supply Administration (3043), Water Safety & Survival Instructor (8563), Primary Marksmanship Instructor (8531), LAV Crewman (0313), Recruiter (8411) and my last 2 years as a Squadron Gunnery Sergeant. I could have been an Interragator Translator (0231), I was already selected to go to Defense Language Institute in Monterrey, CA to learn various dialects of Chinese but I was disqualified just prior to getting orders due to my step mother not being a US citizen. I was bummed about not getting that!!

After various times of doing joint operations with other branches of the military, if I had to choose another, it would be the Navy. I will not go into the reasons here, I want to avoid an inter-service flame war. Bottom line, any branch you serve is the right one, your serving your fellow countrymen!!

In order to be a commissioned officer in any branch of the Armed Forces, you must be a US citizen. Even if you wish to go enlisted then try to get a commision or warrant officer, you still have to be a US citizen, don't let anyone tell you any different. Dude, I recruited for 4+ years, I know what some recruiters (ALL BRANCHES) will say to get a "warm body".

Good Luck!

:whistle: In tha Navy :whistle: But I'm too old so fogetaboutit.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I was in the Army, Armr Reserve and Army National Guard, a total of 11 years. I was enlisted for 6 years and then went to Officer Candidate School and became a Combat Engineer Officer for 5 years. I loved it when I was younger but after a while, sleeping in a hole in the ground got old. I would love to join again if I was in better shape and not as old. hahaha

Brian & Isa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hear you Dakota.

I also have no desire to be in the military.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hear you Dakota.

I also have no desire to be in the military.

not everyone is good enough.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Be a Navy Nuclear operator. Great training for the civilian world when you get out.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navy/l/blnukeschool.htm

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

why do you hate America?

That has nothing to do with hate,just a personal opinion that I would not ever in a lifetime join.

So your telling me people should join in order to love their country? -WOW

Good argument to return to the draft! And these days for both male, and female.....helps young ones mature.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Air Force , I want to fly one of those fighter jets. Awesome, Just saw the airshow over the weekend. Didnt see the Stealth this year :angry:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US