mRx

God Salesmen

52 posts in this topic

Draw your weapon Bro. Door to door visitors are never good in this day and age.

As stated before, "click", what do you want?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
My adopted family ... (grandmother) ... loved to have JWs visit her home in NW CT. It was company for her and they visited her often ... much more than members of her own church. She often made tea and scones for the visiting JWs and they always talked about everything. When I asked her about the visits ... she just said ... keep everything in perspective ... we have an understanding and I enjoy their company.

I've had lots of visits over the years ... always learned that courtesy, kindness, directness ... even if the door knock was bad timing for me ... always was pleasant if I adhered to these ROE (rules of engagement).

I do my best to be courteous of all religions. But these particular guys last night we're speaking to me like I was a heathen in need of rescue. That's what pissed me off the most I guess. Religion or not. What right does someone have to come to my house and question any of my beliefs?

If they want to spread their religion, that's fine. They can give me a pamplet and a coffee mug, and be on their way. Let me decide for myself.

Hopefully I just had a bad experience, and these tactics aren't the norm.

Agree .. sometimes we get tough visits and I've had my share of them too.

Matt ... I have a story that today I can laugh at ... it pissed me off to no end when it happened .. but in retrospect ... where was the candid camera ? :lol:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I do not need a spiritual make over, and if I needed one, the Almighty Himself does make house calls.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I do not need a spiritual make over, and if I needed one, the Almighty Himself does make house calls.

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had that happen to me back in CA while I was waiting on my EAD. Couple of weird looking women came to the door asking if there was anything they could "help me out" with around the apartment. They were canvassing our apartment building looking to get new recruits for the church.

Not the most annoying or persistent of JWs, but it still took me several minutes to get rid of them.

I always think that the best way to greet such people is to answer the door bare-naked and wielding a butcher knife. At the least it precludes conversation.

I am always curious, as i never see any Catholics ..Muslims..Judaism...Methodists, etc..knocking at my door,...it is usually conservative branch based church or Mormons???

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline
I am always curious, as i never see any Catholics ..Muslims..Judaism...Methodists, etc..knocking at my door,...it is usually conservative branch based church or Mormons???

Some religions (JW, Mormon) believe that they must bring the word of the Lord to others as part of their doctrine.

iagree.gif

I assume brother crickey, it is part of church doctrine ..as it is organized with hand-outs etc..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

I assume brother crickey, it is part of church doctrine ..as it is organized with hand-outs etc..

Yeah. It's the way they interpret the bible. They literally have to spread the word.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

thanks brother rich, i can see where their point comes..as the new testament is about spreading the word

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Sister Crickey. :(

:blush::blush::blush:

here sister, is an easter basket for you

52_small.jpg

Edited by almaty

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg