dreamscometrue

no answers to my posts

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
um, actually the saying is the sharpest knife in the drawer

So glad you corrected me, I told you before I am not that smart. :wacko: Here are some other things you might throw my way. If it makes you feel good, than have at it. I know I am not smart, or pretty, or witty, but I thought I had a heart, but guess that is not what counts. If I ever hurt anyone feelings, I am truly sorry just chalk it up to me being a loser. Plus anything I say is not important, really who listen to a stupid loser. Once again sorry.

1. You can say I am ugly, that is ok, I will take that
  2. I already know I am three brain cells away from a monkey
  3. I always finds myself lost in thought - it's an unfamiliar territory
  4. I had a brain transplant and the brain rejected me
I know there a tons more stuff to say about me, but that is just a start.

To be perfectly honest with you since certain people who have been suspended stopped posting , the boards have been very calm with the occasional spat or two. There was a perception that there was a club because literally there were some people that were just so damn nasty on here it was unbearable.

The mena boards are just something you grow into and get used to. I have found them an amazing source of information and support

To the original poster, truly you come off as a donkey. I agree with Jenn. We are not paid employees. We are people going through the process. Use your manners and people will bend over backwards to help you.... I would never dream of coming on an advice forum and yelling at people

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dear Ganja Girl:

I can't really tell what the time frame is on the processing of your case (no time line). But I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone in this long ordeal. We all feel the same as you. It's ok to feel depressed and close to tears...But try not to let this heavy sadness linger too long..Do something to make yourself feel happy if only a little bit (like taking a walk in a pretty place, watching a funny movie...) each day. It's the only way to stay sane in this process.

Tina

desert_fox you want some cheese with that whine? :lol: just kidding. I think I am the only one not pms'ing in this thread. Charles where's that box of chocalate and Midol?

IT'S the internet for gods sake! What club and cliche? I am a cliche of one, saves me from having to kick anybody out. I am a club of one, I can make my own damn rules that way. Somedays this MENA forum is worse than 8th grade.

jJ :luv:

desert_fox you want some cheese with that whine? :lol: just kidding. I think I am the only one not pms'ing in this thread. Charles where's that box of chocalate and Midol?

IT'S the internet for gods sake! What club and cliche? I am a cliche of one, saves me from having to kick anybody out. I am a club of one, I can make my own damn rules that way. Somedays this MENA forum is worse than 8th grade.

its clique not cliche....and you sure are not cliche lol

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Ganja I really think you should try not to take things on an internet forum so personally. I know sometimes its easier said than done but come on, dont be crying about posts on an internet forum! Chin up and take it all with a grain of salt!

ETA: ditto to what Amal said, most everyone here has good intentions and we are all a big dysfunctional family...

Sara

your baby's exersaucer kicks my baby's exersaucer's a$$

seriously i thought mine was busy yours is out of control!!!

my son is almost 11 months though and is over it so its time to give it away :( no more babies :(

Edited by chaishai

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ganja I really think you should try not to take things on an internet forum so personally. I know sometimes its easier said than done but come on, dont be crying about posts on an internet forum! Chin up and take it all with a grain of salt!

ETA: ditto to what Amal said, most everyone here has good intentions and we are all a big dysfunctional family...

Sara

your baby's exersaucer kicks my baby's exersaucer's a$$

seriously i thought mine was busy yours is out of control!!!

my son is almost 11 months though and is over it so its time to give it away :( no more babies :(

A chick I work with (well, back in the days when I had a job, that is) gave it to me and its a total score, there are so many little thingies on it a baby can stay busy for minutes! But hey most days its such a blessing to have 20 minutes free. and she LOVES it! most importantly, even at her young age her feet touch the bottom so she feels all biggity when she gets to kick and bounce around :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Just to let you all know, I don't have my time line cause; I am not sure where my case is. My husband handles all of that, with the lawyers, my job is to call once in a while to make sure they are working on the case. I admire all you that do all the work, and file all by yourselves. All the paper work and translations of documents, makes my head hurt. :wacko: Thank you for all your kind words, yes, I was a big baby, and I am over my little crying spell. lol

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i ate the chocolate :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I joined the club...paid my dues..and then they immediately kicked me out....NOT FAIR!!

Gee, I cant imagine why.... :whistle:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
No put down, just saying, choose your battles wisely. I think it is great to stand up for what is right, but, was this battle that really was about being right? She didn't really put down anybody personally, she just made a comment that no one try to answer her question. I know I don't have that answer, and understand that sometimes people do not always reply right away. But to make this an issue, really, is it that important. How can we stop wars in this world when we can't even get along with each other on a public forum? In the end, what is important, how about children dying of hungry, dying of war, sickness and disease? Now that is something we all should stand up for, or racism, those are the big battles, the ones we should never stand down on, but others are simply "small stuff." I know now, why there will never be peace in this world, because we will always sweat the small stuff while ignoring the big stuff. If only we put this energy into changing the world, we would be sitting sweetly. I know, I am nowhere near perfect, and make all kinds of mistakes, so who am I to stand in judgment of another human being, who is in pain and already having a hard time. Why kick someone, when they are already down an out? Give a person a break; we all have bad days, why make it even worst with a smart comment? I am way older than you, so I think a lot of these come with age and raising children, you just mellow out a lot. I use to say a lot of things about how to raise children, how to conduct your life, and then I had children, and omg, I saw things in a different light. I am very sensitive person and I do get my feelings hurt easily when someone says something nasty or mean. Knowing this I always try to be very careful on what I say to anyone, because I know how it would feels to be hurt. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer so sometimes I don’t’ understand something and take things the wrong way. So when someone asks a question I try to help if I can, and if I can’t help than I just let them know I am here for support. I never wanted you to be hurt Jen; you are most likely a very highly intelligent person, who we can all learn a lot from. I sure know that I learn something, even if it is a little bit of enlightenment, by every person I have contact with. Just my two cents, and just what I feel is right in my heart. If I can make someone feel better after talking to me, than I have done good for the day. :thumbs:

Ganja, well said... that's exactly what I think, too. Telling from your post you are a much stronger person on the inside than many others who seem to be the leaders of the pack. From your words any sensitive person can tell that you have a kind heart and a caring soul, that is a lot more precious than "qualities" like being combative and loud.

Don't let anybody get you down, just because you are different than others. Many folks appreciate people like you a lot! (F)

:thumbs:

um, actually the saying is the sharpest knife in the drawer

So glad you corrected me, I told you before I am not that smart. :wacko: Here are some other things you might throw my way. If it makes you feel good, than have at it. I know I am not smart, or pretty, or witty, but I thought I had a heart, but guess that is not what counts. If I ever hurt anyone feelings, I am truly sorry just chalk it up to me being a loser. Plus anything I say is not important, really who listen to a stupid loser. Once again sorry.

1. You can say I am ugly, that is ok, I will take that
  2. I already know I am three brain cells away from a monkey
  3. I always finds myself lost in thought - it's an unfamiliar territory
  4. I had a brain transplant and the brain rejected me
I know there a tons more stuff to say about me, but that is just a start.

To be perfectly honest with you since certain people who have been suspended stopped posting , the boards have been very calm with the occasional spat or two. There was a perception that there was a club because literally there were some people that were just so damn nasty on here it was unbearable.

The mena boards are just something you grow into and get used to. I have found them an amazing source of information and support

To the original poster, truly you come off as a donkey. I agree with Jenn. We are not paid employees. We are people going through the process. Use your manners and people will bend over backwards to help you.... I would never dream of coming on an advice forum and yelling at people

:thumbs:

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.