aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Aravis... just wondering a few things about once your fiance gets in. What all do we need to do to get Mark a social security card? What all do we need to do so he can start looking for a job? Any idea how long that kinda stuff usually takes? What else do we need to know/do once he gets here. It is hard to beleive that we are getting married in 6 days time. We were so worried we would not get approved in time for the wedding. Talk about cutting it close (they scheduled the interivew 2 days before he had scheduled to fly out and we were worried that we might not be approved before the wedding and we would have to 1)have only the cermony and not make it legal OR 2) get married but have to start all over with a K-3

Luckily we passed the interview and now we just need to know the, what to do once he is here steps...

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London UK

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

*Touched* : 2008-07-17

*Touched* : 2008-07-18

*Touched* : 2008-07-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : Website says its been APPROVED!!! 2008-07-31

NOA2 recieved in mail: 2008-08-07

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : October 9th APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : October 11th

US Entry : October 11th

Marriage :October 15th

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations to BMJ and Tina - More feb-filer weddings coming up!

Congratulations Mrs Andrea too :D

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Aravis... just wondering a few things about once your fiance gets in. What all do we need to do to get Mark a social security card? What all do we need to do so he can start looking for a job? Any idea how long that kinda stuff usually takes? What else do we need to know/do once he gets here. It is hard to beleive that we are getting married in 6 days time. We were so worried we would not get approved in time for the wedding. Talk about cutting it close (they scheduled the interivew 2 days before he had scheduled to fly out and we were worried that we might not be approved before the wedding and we would have to 1)have only the cermony and not make it legal OR 2) get married but have to start all over with a K-3

Luckily we passed the interview and now we just need to know the, what to do once he is here steps...

Hey BMJ,

The social security card was REALLY easy...we followed the guide here about getting a number, printed everything up, then lucked out and got a guy who had done several of this type of application already that day and knew all of the policies already. You should wait at least two weeks after crossing the border before you go, otherwise your information won't be in their system yet and you'll have to wait for manual approval which can take 6 weeks (according to the VJ guide, at least).

In order for him to be able to get a job you have to file AOS/EAD/AP (again, the guide here on VJ is awesome). We haven't filed yet because I'm waiting on confirmation about whether we have to wait for the social security number or not, there is a place on the form where it asks for it, but I don't know if we HAVE to have it or if it's optional. The current EAD wait time is around 80 days, so it's creeping very close to three months. This has been the hardest thing for Dennis, it's killing him that we're broke and he can't work. The K1 flowchart under the guides section is really helpful with the step-by-step information. :) All-in-all, the process since he got here has been shockingly straight forward for us after all the ####### we went through to GET here. I'm so glad you passed and will be able to have your wedding as you wanted it! :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

WOW I had to search til page 4 to find our thread...

Ok, in 3 days I will have the interview, and i'm badly sick :(

I get a cold and i have fever, i feel soooooo bad.

If i don't get well tomorrow i will go to see the doctor. I need to feel better for the interview.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for not posting lately, but Michelle and I have just been enjoying our time together since she's arrived. We are going to have our civil wedding this coming Friday (Oct 17). Then we'll start on our AOS paperwork. We plan on going back to the Phils to have our real wedding next year. I can't believe how happy I am since she's gotten here. All the stress from waiting for CSC seems like ancient history. I don't think I would have made it without the help of all the people here, Thank you everyone again :D

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone! I apologize for being absent for a while, but I have been enjoying my time here in Ukraine with Sveta and her family. The interview on Monday October 6th went well, and we were able to pick up her passport from FedEx on Wednesday October 8th. The only possible problem could be that they mispelled Sveta's last name in one location in the visa. Her name was correct on her visa page, and her daughter's was correct on her page, as well. But, at the bottom of the daughter's page, they list who the parent is and they had a typo in Sveta's name there. We were concerned about it, so we took the metro system back across Kiev to the US Embassy and I asked about it there. The woman assured me it will be no problem since it is an "obvious typo" and not an "incorrect name", plus their names were correct in the other 2 main locations. We are gambling that she is correct! :thumbs: We leave this evening on the overnight train to Kiev, then go straight to the airport by bus. We fly into JFK and then connect to Indianapolis 3 hours later. By time we get home, we will have been traveling for approximately 33 hours, but it will be worth it! I will provide another update in another 2 or 3 days. :-)

I offer congrats to all who have made progress and wish happiness to all. I offer sympathy for Ray, though I do not know what their problem was for the interview. :(

ps...I am not looking forward to the AOS and the extra expense for 2 persons, but it is an investment to our future!

Jan 26, 2012...mailed N-400 for wife

Feb 2, 2012..check cashed

Feb 3, 2012 NOA email and text message

Feb 7, 2012 NOA hard copy in mail

March 14, 2012 email stating in line for interview scheduling

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

3-17 interview letter in the mail--scheudled for 4-19-12

4-19 Wife passed interview! Oath to be scheduled

5-24 Oath ceremony! new US citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Nice one, cwaf. :thumbs: So just me next week now!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

tic tac tic tac.... 1 day now!!!

Wednesday at 1 pm I'll go to the embassy!

Edited by MissYoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

Tick tock, Yoko. Tick tock. Not Tic Tac. :lol:

These are Tic Tacs......

_tictac.jpg

:lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

These are Tic Tacs......

_tictac.jpg

in France we say tic tac and we eat them too. :P

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhh its today!!!!

Richard & Chantal

.png

Timeline

These are Tic Tacs......

_tictac.jpg

Good luck, mate - you'll absolutely sail through it! :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

These are Tic Tacs......

_tictac.jpg

Good luck, mate - you'll absolutely sail through it! :thumbs:

OK i checked all my documents. I 'm so afraid to miss something!

Richard is with me. So it makes me feel better.

But I'm still scary.

Now time to get a long destressing shower and to get ready. I will tell you ASAP.

I'm not sure we will go back home just after the interview. So dont worry if it will take some hours before i come back.

Richard & Chantal

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK i checked all my documents. I 'm so afraid to miss something!

Richard is with me. So it makes me feel better.

But I'm still scary.

Now time to get a long destressing shower and to get ready. I will tell you ASAP.

I'm not sure we will go back home just after the interview. So dont worry if it will take some hours before i come back.

Oh! Good luck, you'll have gone already, but good luck!

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Timeline

Visas approved!!!

What can i say.

It was so easy!

I was really scary, really under pressure.

But.

When we arrived at the embassy it was something like 12:40.

The guard at the entrance asked us to wait a few cause it was too soon.

After 2 mn as it was rainy, windy and cold, he said.

My co-workers will ask if you can enter inside right know cause you're with a young girl.

SO. We was able to enter 2 mn after that.

The guards who was looking the bags was really nice and they was joking with my daugther.

Inside the embassy we got our waiting ticket, number A103.

I was checking the panel all the time but for 2 mn was not checking cause I was taking care about my daugther and i saw on the panel number A104, and after that A105, and A106... Richard get another ticket at the machine A107. And we was call at the first window.

The lady was really nice and just asked for the appointment letter and if we had all the required documents. I answered yes. And she asked us to go back to wait.

After a few we was called at the same window. Same lady+ another one. She started to ask all the documents. It took a long time cause she was teaching the other lady. So, they was spending a lot of time at every document 'cause she was explaining what it have to be really good checked.

Both was really nice.

At the end she asked me if she doesn't forget to ask me something and then ask us to wait again.

After a few again we was call to another window. It was the consul officer, he was looking just so young. He just asked Richard about what exactly does his company, asked me to sign the documents and said : you're approved.

OMG!!! It's done!

They never asked us about our relationship or stuffs like that.

It was just like an administrative check. Not more and everyone was nice.

When we went back to have back our cellphones and stuffs it was the same guards and they was asking my daughter if it was not too long etc...

So i will say more than nice it was friendly!

Richard & Chantal

.png

I said congratulations on the other thread, but it deserves to be said again! Congratulations!! :) I'm glad your interview was so easy! That's how ours felt, too. Like it was just a technicality...I said afterwords "all that worry and stress we spent putting together the relationship evidence and they didn't even LOOK at it", but I did see other couples get grilled on their relationships and everything, I think because they were less organized and didn't have a lot of stuff with them.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.