aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

Hi, congrats to all of you who have your interview date, or better still, your visa in hand!

We received our NOA1 on Feb 25th and the NOA2 on July 14th.

It is now mid September and the NVC STILL has not received my case. Is there anyone out there with the same experience? I am starting to get seriously concerned..... and worst of all there seems to be NOBODY at the end of a phone who can or will tell us where on earth is my NOA2 sitting!!!!

Any reassurance greatly appreciated!

Thanks and good luck to all

Emily

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi, congrats to all of you who have your interview date, or better still, your visa in hand!

It is now mid September and the NVC STILL has not received my case. Is there anyone out there with the same experience? I am starting to get seriously concerned..... and worst of all there seems to be NOBODY at the end of a phone who can or will tell us where on earth is my NOA2 sitting!!!!

Emily

Go, in person, to your U.S. Congressperson's office or U.S. Senator's office TODAY and ask them to find out what the heck is going on at the CSC. Take copies of the pertinent documents (NOA2 and any other correspondence from the USCIS). Express to them your sense of urgency, and call them in a day or two to find out if they've learned anything yet. In my experience, that is only effective way to get things moving or straightened out in this process. It has worked for me. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Isn't it weird that CSC messed up big time in so many cases of Feb filers? Has that ever happened before? Can't imagine how much it sucks to get approved and then wait months for them to send it to NVC. Thought it all took already so long, and having the Interview in a few days, and knowing some are still waiting is kind of weird!

Hope everyone who is still waiting for CSC to move their butts, don't have to wait any longer, so that everyone will be with their loved once by xmas!

To everyone else, enjoy the Sunday :)

.png

2/16/08 --> finally send I-129F to CSC

7/21/08 --> touched/NOA2 email

8/09/08 --> "Pakage 3" in the mail

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

10/08/08 --> flying from Duesseldorf - JFK - Cleveland

11/08/08 --> finally married :)

12/27/08 --> AOS/EAD/AP send to Chicago

5/13/09 --> found a job and we picked out Molly (Beagle Puppy)

5/20/09 --> I485 "Card has been ordered" and again on 5/29/09

5/23/09 --> "Welcome to the United States of America"

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

Very happy for you that you have your interview soon. Hope it all goes smoothly!!

I can't tell you how upsetting this is. I knew the approval would take a long time and was so patient, just went along for the ride but this bit, it's so unnecessary and painful. We have already made (non-legal) wedding plans and booked flights for mid November thinking that would give us plenty of time. Alas we may need to rethink....

Thanks for your support, it's so nice to know people are feeling the same frustrations!

Emily

Timeline

Believe me, here you will be never alone with frustration! Just stay strong, it has to get better, and like my future mother-in-law wrote me so many times in the beginning "later you will look back and laugh at the waitingtime, since you will be together for good"... didn't really help to tell the truth, nothing really helps, until you are together. Keep us updated, you are not alone!

Julia

.png

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

I'm leaving tonight for Vancouver and tomorrow is Dennis' interview. :) I want to say I'm excited, but mostly I'm just nervous and anxious for this week to be over so we can get on with our lives!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I'm leaving tonight for Vancouver and tomorrow is Dennis' interview. :) I want to say I'm excited, but mostly I'm just nervous and anxious for this week to be over so we can get on with our lives!

Fingers crossed for a fellow February filer! :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

Have a great trip :star:

.png

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

Thanks guys! Hopefully tomorrow evening I'll be posting with VERY good news! :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mark got the paperwork in the mail today and his interview is set for October 9. Our wedding is on October 15 and his flight to come home is set for the 11th. Hopefully all goes well at the interview and he can come home right away for good.

One question we have for anyone who has passed this point is will they take his ID (passport) after the interview (if we pass) and if they do how will he be able to get any type of ID here? I have looked at the requirements to get the marriage license and it requires a photo ID. Very confused at this point. His Passport is his only form of photo ID.

Thanks!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London UK

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

*Touched* : 2008-07-17

*Touched* : 2008-07-18

*Touched* : 2008-07-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : Website says its been APPROVED!!! 2008-07-31

NOA2 recieved in mail: 2008-08-07

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : October 9th APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : October 11th

US Entry : October 11th

Marriage :October 15th

Mark got the paperwork in the mail today and his interview is set for October 9. Our wedding is on October 15 and his flight to come home is set for the 11th. Hopefully all goes well at the interview and he can come home right away for good.

One question we have for anyone who has passed this point is will they take his ID (passport) after the interview (if we pass) and if they do how will he be able to get any type of ID here? I have looked at the requirements to get the marriage license and it requires a photo ID. Very confused at this point. His Passport is his only form of photo ID.

Thanks!

They will take his passport and return it to him with the visa in it. How long that takes varies by consulate. He can not fly back until his passport has been returned, if you go to the regional board they'll be able to tell you about how long that takes for your consulate.

and Congrats on receiving your interview date! :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, they bumped up the processing times to February 1 on the website. Hopefully our time is coming soon.

2007-11-30: I-129F received by CSC

2008-02-04: NOA1

2009-03-02: NOA2

2009-03-12: Received by NVC

2009-04-16: Sent to consulate

2009-05-23: Packet 3 received

I believe it can take up to several days or a week for the visa to return to him at his house, along with his passport. Since he would have to wait for that before flying anyway, he will have it for the wedding day. I do wonder if the 11th is a bit soon to fly if the interview is on the 9th in case he doesn't get the passprt back in time? I hope it works out for you :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Emily

Umm yeah, if you read back through the pages of this thread I had the same problem. I waited over 8 weeks for the my case to reach the NVC. If you call the NVC all they will say is it could take up to 90 days to reach them. What you need to do is call the CSC, go through the menu options for an approved case. I believe you need to press 1, then I think it is option 6, but don't quote me on the right numbers.

In either case when you reach a live person tell them what is happening. that you have your NOA2 in hand but your case has not reached the NVC yet. Once I spoke with a live person at the CSC I was told they would have to order my file again and it would take about a week to get processed again.

Things got moving once i called the CSC also follow Don's advice and contact your congressman. I called mine but things began moving with out them.

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

Emily

Umm yeah, if you read back through the pages of this thread I had the same problem. I waited over 8 weeks for the my case to reach the NVC. If you call the NVC all they will say is it could take up to 90 days to reach them. What you need to do is call the CSC, go through the menu options for an approved case. I believe you need to press 1, then I think it is option 6, but don't quote me on the right numbers.

In either case when you reach a live person tell them what is happening. that you have your NOA2 in hand but your case has not reached the NVC yet. Once I spoke with a live person at the CSC I was told they would have to order my file again and it would take about a week to get processed again.

Things got moving once i called the CSC also follow Don's advice and contact your congressman. I called mine but things began moving with out them.

Thanks, it's really helpful to know that this happens sometimes and it's not all going to just disappear forever lol! My biggest question is how on earth do you get through to the CSC? We have called the USCIS I don't know how many times and they say it is impossible to call the CSC....do you have a number? My fiance did call the congressman yesterday so hopefully that will get us somewhere soon too.

This whole thing just makes you want to scream doesn't it!!!!

All the best for your interview :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.