aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey Julia,

Tina arrived through chicago. She said she handed her paperwork to the imigration people but did not get anything back. Did you get anything from your packet when you entered the US? Is this normal procedure? Anyone Lol. Either way she is here and was up bright and early because of trying to adjust from the timezone change. I forgot to ask her about the EAD stamp if she asked for it.

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

No, you dont get back anything, just your Passport, but that wasn't in the package anyways. It's all theirs. Say hi to Tina and tell her Willkommen Zuhause :star:

.png

2/16/08 --> finally send I-129F to CSC

7/21/08 --> touched/NOA2 email

8/09/08 --> "Pakage 3" in the mail

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

10/08/08 --> flying from Duesseldorf - JFK - Cleveland

11/08/08 --> finally married :)

12/27/08 --> AOS/EAD/AP send to Chicago

5/13/09 --> found a job and we picked out Molly (Beagle Puppy)

5/20/09 --> I485 "Card has been ordered" and again on 5/29/09

5/23/09 --> "Welcome to the United States of America"

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

hello guys, its nice to know that alot of feb's filer able to reach USA now, im also a FEB filer, was interviewed last SEP 18 at US EMbassy MANILA, but yet up tp now me and my son didnt received our visa yet, this waiting is killing me, but i know this waiting will end. does all of us here got approved already or already at USA? does im the only one whose waiting for my visa? well GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US AND GOD BLESS US.

That's horrible that they still haven't gotten it to you! Have you contacted them to find out what's up? Is that kind of wait normal? Unfortunately I think there are still a few Feb filers waiting for their NOA2. :( Hopefully USCIS gets off their bums and gets those out ASAP.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

hey Guys!

I'm kinda busy, sorry to don't come so often.

So.

At Monday we went to the county office to get our Wedding license. We had all except that my birth certificate was not translated. The lady at the office told us that we have to get it translated and notarized.

grrrrrrrrr !!!

Richard told the lady that, OK, all what she'll do is put all the birth certificate infos on her own form and BTW if she looks good, it's already legalized by the city where I'm born. Then the lady agreed and we was able to get our wedding license without translating my birth certificate.

Today was a big day. It was Gally's first school day. Everything was great. The school principal and Gally's teacher are great, like all the school team. They did a really great welcome to Gally. Everyone was trying to say to her some stuffs in French. She had a really great day and sh can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses to you all, I hope that everything goes great to you all like for us.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hey all. I want to give my congrats to all who have arrived in the USA. I have not been in for a while and I have been busy with my new family members. We have shared many new things, from large grocery stores to Walmart and shopping malls. ("everything is so HUGE!")

I mentioned before that we are getting married in Florida 2 days before Thanksgiving, and I was able to apply for a marriage license by mail! It has been approved and has all necessary notarizations, and I just take it with me to the presider of our wedding and they do the rest.

I hope everyone can adjust quickly to their new surroundings. My Sveta has not shed any tears for home since the first week, and she calls home every day to speak to her mother and sister. She also chats online with her sister, and my soon-to-be-stepdaughter is able to chat with her friends, and even call home and talk to them on the phone from time to time. oh...the phone calls are free, too WHEW! (Thank you MAGICJACK!!) :thumbs:

of course, our house looks very different inside and I have to ask, from time to time, where some of my stuff is. hahaha :whistle: She always knows which box she put them in! Things are different in my life with them there, but I am very happy they are here! They both took English language placement tests this past Saturday and hopefully in December, they will begin classes. I am fortunate that the ESL program here is free, so they both can take their lessons without breaking me farther--financially. ;-)

everyone have a wonderful weekend!

oh..I also second the motion ( or third, or fourth) to convert this to an AOS forum so we can continue to support each other on our next step into our journey!

Jan 26, 2012...mailed N-400 for wife

Feb 2, 2012..check cashed

Feb 3, 2012 NOA email and text message

Feb 7, 2012 NOA hard copy in mail

March 14, 2012 email stating in line for interview scheduling

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

3-17 interview letter in the mail--scheudled for 4-19-12

4-19 Wife passed interview! Oath to be scheduled

5-24 Oath ceremony! new US citizen

I'll even make the first AOS related post. I. HATE. AOS! I thought getting everything together for the original petition and then the interview was a pain in the bum...it was nothing compared to the AOS stuff. Has anyone else gotten into the process yet?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline
I'll even make the first AOS related post. I. HATE. AOS! I thought getting everything together for the original petition and then the interview was a pain in the bum...it was nothing compared to the AOS stuff. Has anyone else gotten into the process yet?

I am waiting until December to start ours--after the wedding. I guess I should review the stuff in advance, though. :wacko:

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

I am waiting until December to start ours--after the wedding. I guess I should review the stuff in advance, though. :wacko:

It's the medical stuff that is a pain...it used to be that you didn't need to provide ANY medical paperwork as a K-1 filer if you had your DS 3025 (they should have given it to along with the medical packet, it's the form that was outside the sealed packet)...now you have to get the I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon with your immunization record (that's it). Well...finding a local one has been impossible for us! They will only fill out the I-693 if they do the entire medical...well...we're not paying another $300 for a second medical! There is a doctor in TX who will do them long distance, we're going to be sending off paperwork to the office tomorrow.

They also just added a TB skin test requirement...theoretically you now have to have the TB test first and you only need the X-ray if the skin test comes back positive. Well...K-1 people already had the X-ray, which is more conclusive than the skin test. USCIS has put out the requirement, but none of the doctors are doing it yet. I talked to several different civil surgeon's offices who all said "...huh? That's not a requirement. We won't put that on the I-693 for you." We got it done at our regular doctor and we'll just include a copy of the results with our packet.

Bleh...we're just going to file to the best of our abilities and hope it all works out fine. Dennis is going stir crazy not being allowed to work...although right now I think he's glad of it. He has a nasty cold right now. :(

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

It's the medical stuff that is a pain...it used to be that you didn't need to provide ANY medical paperwork as a K-1 filer if you had your DS 3025 (they should have given it to along with the medical packet, it's the form that was outside the sealed packet)...now you have to get the I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon with your immunization record (that's it). Well...finding a local one has been impossible for us! They will only fill out the I-693 if they do the entire medical...well...we're not paying another $300 for a second medical! There is a doctor in TX who will do them long distance, we're going to be sending off paperwork to the office tomorrow.

They also just added a TB skin test requirement...theoretically you now have to have the TB test first and you only need the X-ray if the skin test comes back positive. Well...K-1 people already had the X-ray, which is more conclusive than the skin test. USCIS has put out the requirement, but none of the doctors are doing it yet. I talked to several different civil surgeon's offices who all said "...huh? That's not a requirement. We won't put that on the I-693 for you." We got it done at our regular doctor and we'll just include a copy of the results with our packet.

Bleh...we're just going to file to the best of our abilities and hope it all works out fine. Dennis is going stir crazy not being allowed to work...although right now I think he's glad of it. He has a nasty cold right now. :(

well, I think I need to begin looking at the forms and requirements. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Same here. I will be looking into the forms this weekend. And the fun starts all over again lol

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, I can't believe how fast the time has gone since I got here! I keep meaning to get back on the forums, but find I have a life again!

Anyway, hope you are all well - especially good wishes to those still waiting.

I booked the first flight and ran for the airport as soon as I got the visa and had no problems crossing the boarder in Seattle, I even got through in time to catch my connection to Spokane.

I sucessfully got my Social Security number and wedding license this week, so all is going according to plan. So far I have not had any major reaction to the big move, although this week I am feel more normal and not so elated, so maybe it is only just staring to sink in. I do feel out of touch with England, the 8 hour difference makes it hard, but I think once the major settling in jobs and the wedding are over, I will have more time to organise some skyping etc.

It's good to hear from cwaf again. I recognise what you say about your house looking different. I spent my first day here cleaning and reorganising! You poor boys.

I am not looking forward to the AOS, that medical thing sounds boring, but then nothing would surprise me from US immigration.

All the best to everyone. x

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Timeline
Hi everyone, I can't believe how fast the time has gone since I got here! I keep meaning to get back on the forums, but find I have a life again!

Anyway, hope you are all well - especially good wishes to those still waiting.

I booked the first flight and ran for the airport as soon as I got the visa and had no problems crossing the boarder in Seattle, I even got through in time to catch my connection to Spokane.

I sucessfully got my Social Security number and wedding license this week, so all is going according to plan. So far I have not had any major reaction to the big move, although this week I am feel more normal and not so elated, so maybe it is only just staring to sink in. I do feel out of touch with England, the 8 hour difference makes it hard, but I think once the major settling in jobs and the wedding are over, I will have more time to organise some skyping etc.

It's good to hear from cwaf again. I recognise what you say about your house looking different. I spent my first day here cleaning and reorganising! You poor boys.

I am not looking forward to the AOS, that medical thing sounds boring, but then nothing would surprise me from US immigration.

All the best to everyone. x

Hello dear Scarlet! it is great to hear from you again, too. I know...I know...I know..you ladies wonder how we men even survive! :blush: Sveta and I had a discussion like that last night when she told me I WILL reorganize the one room I told her she could not do! hahaha She and I walked around the room and I explained why things were where they are, and why I cannot move things as she expects me to. There is somehwat of a method to my madness in that room! She understood SOME of my reasoning. hahaha

I looked over the AOS stuff yesterday and was confused about the medical. The 'AOS guide' says that it is necessary, but the 'AOS tips' say it is not.

When someone knows for sure, please post it. :-) We are waiting for after the wedding before getting the Social Security numbers so we do not have to worry about name changes a second time. :thumbs: I know her daughter will not be too happy when her mother's SSN card has MY last name, while hers still has her biological father's name. (she does NOT want his name!) However, she will have to keep it until I can legally adopt her and allow it to be changed. :wacko:

good wishes for everyone from Indy! :innocent:

I looked over the AOS stuff yesterday and was confused about the medical. The 'AOS guide' says that it is necessary, but the 'AOS tips' say it is not.

When someone knows for sure, please post it. :-) We are waiting for after the wedding before getting the Social Security numbers so we do not have to worry about name changes a second time. :thumbs: I know her daughter will not be too happy when her mother's SSN card has MY last name, while hers still has her biological father's name. (she does NOT want his name!) However, she will have to keep it until I can legally adopt her and allow it to be changed. :wacko:

good wishes for everyone from Indy! :innocent:

It's very confusing because the requirements's just changed in July. It didn't used to be required, but now it is. Sveta should have received a DS-3025 for her and her daughter, that is the vaccination record. You have to get a civil surgeon to transcribe the vaccination record on the I-693. A lot of local ones won't do it, but there is a Dr. Arnold who will do it long distance for $20 each. The other VERY confusing thing is that they've just added the TB skin test to the requirements, but the civil surgeons are all saying that it isn't a requirement...so no one really knows for sure. We got it done (at our general physician, covered by insurance) and will just send in a copy of the results along with our petition.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.