marrs

Vermont Processing in 2-3 months???

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance pointed out to me that ppl who filed 129F in January 2008 are now receiveing NOA2 this month (March). I would of corse like to be 1 of those lucky people.We filed December 2007!!! So anyone has any clue why or how this is happening?

I expected 6 months at least .... and now i see ppl gettin it after barely 2 months....? I'm happy for them. But I am concerned since they did file after I did.

I called USCIS and got the same old "Case Pending and our customer service department does not have any more other news about your case....,bla bla!

Can anyone clarify what is going on? I know they hired more ppl recently but still...can we catch a break too?

Advance Thanx 4 any replies!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
My Fiance pointed out to me that ppl who filed 129F in January 2008 are now receiveing NOA2 this month (March). I would of corse like to be 1 of those lucky people.We filed December 2007!!! So anyone has any clue why or how this is happening?

I expected 6 months at least .... and now i see ppl gettin it after barely 2 months....? I'm happy for them. But I am concerned since they did file after I did.

I called USCIS and got the same old "Case Pending and our customer service department does not have any more other news about your case....,bla bla!

Can anyone clarify what is going on? I know they hired more ppl recently but still...can we catch a break too?

Advance Thanx 4 any replies!!!

I know it's extremely frustrating. We had to file with the California Service Center and I am now regretting living in Indiana lol I couldn't tell you why that's happening or shed any kind of light on it. I'm still new to this process myself, but I will offer you some kind of support in knowing we are all wondering what is going on at those service centers. Keep your head up!!!

2/9/08-I-129F Sent!!!

2/11/08-I-129F Received!!!

2/12/08-NOA1!!!

2/13/08-Touched!!!

6/30/08-Touched!!!

6/30/08-NOA2!!!

7/7/08-NVC Received!!!

7/9/08-NVC Left!!!

7/18/08-Packet 3 Received!!!

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.-Natalie

To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive.-Matthew

I know it's weird...Vermont is working at record pace but seems to be going completely out of order.

We got our NOA2 on Monday, we filed December 2007 as well.

There are people from well before us still waiting and people from January who have already been approved.

It's very odd....

California is quite behind, 3 months slower than Vermont.

It's frustrating and weird.

Hang in there...you are still well under the time frame of being approved. We were expecting a 6 month wait as well, I was shocked to be approved in 3.

Stay strong...your day will come! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have this wistful hope that all of us who got put through the wringer by CSC will not forget this experience after arriving in the US, but will make a little noise - write to congresspeople, etc... as long as this disparity exists, of course; if it's all fixed by then and no noise is necessary I shall be well pleased :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well I called and talk to the sevice center plenty of time and one was for this very same reason. I was told that if they get any type of hit on your name they have to wait for it to clear and sometime that takes a week. I did not get too many answers myself but they also said that it depends on how your paper work is presented if everything is in order and easy to find. I think sometimes they mess up your paper when they get and takes them longer to reorganise it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

CSC is the worst department in the entire US Gov't... i swear they have 1 monkey going through paperwork for the entire office.. thats the only reason why it would be so damn slowwwwwwwwww....

also, some countries are subjected to more scrutiny than others because they're known for high fraud, etc when it comes to immigrations.. and unfortunately, Philippines is one of them.

k-1

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays tongue.png)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Medical Exam: 2008-01-24

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11---APPROVEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry : 2008-02-20

Church Marriage : 2008-05-03

POE @ Edmonton International Airport: 2008-02-20

Courthouse marriage: 2008-02-26

ROC

ROC Filed with CSC: 2010-04-13

NOA1 recieved in mail dated: 2010-04-15

Biometrics Appointment: 2010-05-17

Approval Notice: 2010-08-03

Card Received: 2010-08-13

N-400:

N-400 sent 2013-12-02

NOA:|12/09/13|

BIOMETRICS:|12/27/13|

IN-LINE for INTERVIEW 12/31/13

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WEEELLLLL. We finallllly got that EMAIL that they sent NOA2 on APril 11 2008. Thanx 4 all the replies and tips. As for those who are still waiting....hang in there. I have a daughter that needs me, so thats kinda like double the pressure, knowwotimean?!

I suspect that our petition took a while becoz of UPS!! Well, I cant really blame them but here is the story so YOU can avoid this issue(if it is 1):

When I got ready to file the 129F I got all my papers 2gether and went to my LOCAL UPS store. When I say local, i mean that its owned and operated locally. Well they have computers,printers,xerox,folders,stickies,etc.....all i needed basically.

I spent almost an entire day in the store assembling everything, checking and doublechecking evrything from spelling to the type of paper im using.........Yea i was a little paranoid.lol!

To the Point:

I bought a POCKET-FOLDER at Walgreens the Accordion type...

accordion.jpg

Made perfect sense to me at the time since it has plenty of room and tabs to easily organize and find everything in a flash!

Ok so after hours of getting my sh.t 2gether...It was time to mail the thing.

So I am trying to fit the folder into 1 of the ENVELOPES UPS has in store.....

That doesnt work. So i ask if they hav some other sizes......Nope.

I had already spent the whole day away from work, plus I promised that I will send it that day....Now is the time!!!

So UPS told me if I want to mail it, I can use a box. No not a "square" box. I guess it is made for documents but it still is a box!

So having little choice I went 4 it.

Now I dont know if that fact has to do anything with anything, but I'm imagining my "box" coming into USCIS and since 911, boxes are not very popular................duh.

If its not that then maybe it looked kinda intimidating to whoever does the paperwork(if they didnt get rid of the box).

Like I said, I do not know if that really matters. But if u r unsure about wot material to use to send the documents......u can use my experience to make ur own decision.

We got approved despite the "Box".

The MOST important thing is that ur paperwork is complete and correct. I hijacked the store for several hours. I checked everything about 10 times and at the same time used the net to compare it to other folks stuff. Dont underestimate the power of the Net!!!!

Hope it helps. If u need pics of the things i used, let me know and i try 2 find them and post them here.

=====Lets go,NVC!!!! We r ready!!======

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
WEEELLLLL. We finallllly got that EMAIL that they sent NOA2 on APril 11 2008. Thanx 4 all the replies and tips. As for those who are still waiting....hang in there. I have a daughter that needs me, so thats kinda like double the pressure, knowwotimean?!

I suspect that our petition took a while becoz of UPS!! Well, I cant really blame them but here is the story so YOU can avoid this issue(if it is 1):

When I got ready to file the 129F I got all my papers 2gether and went to my LOCAL UPS store. When I say local, i mean that its owned and operated locally. Well they have computers,printers,xerox,folders,stickies,etc.....all i needed basically.

I spent almost an entire day in the store assembling everything, checking and doublechecking evrything from spelling to the type of paper im using.........Yea i was a little paranoid.lol!

To the Point:

I bought a POCKET-FOLDER at Walgreens the Accordion type...

accordion.jpg

Made perfect sense to me at the time since it has plenty of room and tabs to easily organize and find everything in a flash!

Ok so after hours of getting my sh.t 2gether...It was time to mail the thing.

So I am trying to fit the folder into 1 of the ENVELOPES UPS has in store.....

That doesnt work. So i ask if they hav some other sizes......Nope.

I had already spent the whole day away from work, plus I promised that I will send it that day....Now is the time!!!

So UPS told me if I want to mail it, I can use a box. No not a "square" box. I guess it is made for documents but it still is a box!

So having little choice I went 4 it.

Now I dont know if that fact has to do anything with anything, but I'm imagining my "box" coming into USCIS and since 911, boxes are not very popular................duh.

If its not that then maybe it looked kinda intimidating to whoever does the paperwork(if they didnt get rid of the box).

Like I said, I do not know if that really matters. But if u r unsure about wot material to use to send the documents......u can use my experience to make ur own decision.

We got approved despite the "Box".

The MOST important thing is that ur paperwork is complete and correct. I hijacked the store for several hours. I checked everything about 10 times and at the same time used the net to compare it to other folks stuff. Dont underestimate the power of the Net!!!!

Hope it helps. If u need pics of the things i used, let me know and i try 2 find them and post them here.

=====Lets go,NVC!!!! We r ready!!======

Congradulations thats AWESOME the vermont service center is on fire!

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Lets hope it continues like this. Its a shame that California cant do the same. Makes you wonder if some people move to another state just so they can file at Vermont. Wonder if anyone has actually done that?

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Lets hope it continues like this. Its a shame that California cant do the same. Makes you wonder if some people move to another state just so they can file at Vermont. Wonder if anyone has actually done that?

well i dont know if they have but have sure thought about moving and asking for our case to be transfered to Vermont but knowing how csc works they would mess that up too........so is better to stay in my own state and wait for csc to finally get enough jollys putting us thru the wringer and giving us the noa2........ :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

congratulations on you approval. it's funky in what order VSC approves... absolutly no way of telling when NOA 2 will come... i'm always happy to see people who filled before us getting approved (it feels wrong to get approved so fast when other people have to wait so long).

congrats!!!

hope the rest goes fast too :thumbs::thumbs:

congratulations on you approval. it's funky in what order VSC approves... absolutly no way of telling when NOA 2 will come... i'm always happy to see people who filled before us getting approved (it feels wrong to get approved so fast when other people have to wait so long).

congrats!!!

hope the rest goes fast too :thumbs::thumbs:

First off....Congratulations on you NOA2!!!!

Secondly, I know exactly what you mean!!! I'm glad that my NOA2 was quick in coming, but I also feel that people who filed before me should have gotten their approvals first...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh How the worm has turned.....

Just be glad you are with Vermont and not California. I went through this process back in 2003. Our application was with Vermont then. It was THE SLOWEST in fact and was snowed under. At that time they started moving peoples applications from Vermont to relieve the pressure. I can only assume that ove the years they have kept doing this to the point of saturating CSC, who are now handling our case. (How come I always get in the wrong line! LOL)

As a point of interest for all of you. Be grateful that at least you know WHO is handling your case. My original application was mailed to the BCIS who then changed their name to the CIS who then finally settled on USCIS. What a total waste of time and money that was....No wonder the fees have gone up so much.

Let's all pray you get your 2nd NOA soon. Good Luck

17th November 2007 - I129F SENT TO CSC

30th November 2007 - NOA1

2nd April 2008 2008 - NOA2

11th April 2008 - I had a nice piece of Marmite on toast

13th April 2008 - We had phone sex! LOL

21st April 2008 - NVC RECEIVED

23rd April 2008 - NVC SENT

3rd May 2008 - Packet 3 RECEIVED & SENT

13th May - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED TODAY! DOH!

29th May 2008 - PACKET 4 RECEIVED

5th June 2008 - MEDICAL

23rd June - INTERVIEW

28th August -MARRIED

us-uk-alliance.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.