DeadPoolX

Have Meez.com Become Too Trendy?

Have Meez.com Animated Avatars Become Too Trendy?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. I *DO* have a Meez.com animated avatar and I think...

• Yes! Why did all of these people have to copy me!?
    • Maybe yes; maybe no. It's hard to tell, really. Things like this just tend to catch on.
    • No, I don't think so. It's pretty cool. I like seeing everyone's avatar.
    • I don't care one way or the other.
  2. 2. I *DON'T* have a Meez.com animated avatar and I think...

• Yes, it's really obnoxious. If I had wanted to see what everyone looked like, I'd ask for photos. Besides, these avatars slow down how fast the pages load!
    • It's hard to say. If others like it, who am I to tell them they what can and cannot display?
    • No, not at all. In fact, I'm planning on signing up soon myself. I've just been too busy (or lazy) to get around to doing so, that's all.
    • Honestly, I could care less.

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just got my meez and think it's funny. I find them no more annoying than pictures with flowers and baby timelines and moving flaggies or mini-digital-scrapbookies or the like. To each its own I guess.

Hey now, those baby timelines provide a valuable service. :P ...like, Holy Cow! Our baby is almost due!

good thing the timeline is there ... huh ... :P

:unsure:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It was cute when only a few had them. Now it's annoying. :hehe:

I like to be different and display a sense of individualism. I wish more people would post an honest photo like Alla & I do (customizing and wearing hats optional) :lol:I'd like to see what many members really look like. Its like Mags & Platy's road trip clip. Hearing them and seeing a glimpse of Platy made me humanize them. I really enjoyed it. I like to think we are all more than fictional cartoon characters hiding behind avatars. Hell, after hearing Mags cute little accent, I almost wanted to take back my "evil mod" remark. But, well... it is sort of appropriate in a cute sort of way. :whistle:

But..... but..... that IS what I really look like!

You forgot the N/A option in each section...

The way I see it, you can't have an "N/A" option. I'm asking people who either have or do not have Meez avatars. That applies to everyone, since everyone here either has one or they don't. Given that piece of data, the options of "I don't care" should suffice nicely.

I couldn't vote because I don't have a Meez, and it won't let you vote with only one of the questions. And since I do care, because I don't like them, and I don't have one, well.... that just wouldn't be honest. :P

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I take credit for this trend. :P Lisa and GEG had them for awhile, then I started making them in a thread and like 10 people got them. And then everyone had one. I whole heartedly apologize for any role I may have had here.

it's all your fault alex! :bonk::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yes. This poll is flawed :devil:

Anyway, Alex, don't take credit. We started with the meez on ''the say anything thread'' and I think it's funny. The people that have a problem with the site slowing down, easy solution: turn off signatures.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
I don't have signatures on so I have NO idea what you're talking about. :P

hehehe.... ditto... well, I do now that I've looked at a few siggies....eh, whatever floats someone's boat...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like to be different and display a sense of individualism. I wish more people would post an honest photo like Alla & I do (customizing and wearing hats optional) :lol:I'd like to see what many members really look like. Its like Mags & Platy's road trip clip. Hearing them and seeing a glimpse of Platy made me humanize them. I really enjoyed it. I like to think we are all more than fictional cartoon characters hiding behind avatars. Hell, after hearing Mags cute little accent, I almost wanted to take back my "evil mod" remark. But, well... it is sort of appropriate in a cute sort of way. :whistle:

The way I see it, you can't have an "N/A" option. I'm asking people who either have or do not have Meez avatars. That applies to everyone, since everyone here either has one or they don't. Given that piece of data, the options of "I don't care" should suffice nicely.

I couldn't vote because I don't have a Meez, and it won't let you vote with only one of the questions. And since I do care, because I don't like them, and I don't have one, well.... that just wouldn't be honest. :P

I'm glad you pointed this out. It's one of my pet peeves. Just another example of how English gets twisted. "Could not care less" is 100% correct! :thumbs:

Oh, BTW. It's "I could NOT care less." If you "could care less" it means that you still have more room for caring. :P

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, okay! The poll's flawed! Fine. Burn me at the stake! :lol:

Actually, looking it over, I realized what Jenn was getting at and I see how an N/A option might have been useful. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to edit it after the fact (if there was, I would), so the best anyone can do is write in their response if it doesn't fit the poll. Sorry about that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you pointed this out. It's one of my pet peeves. Just another example of how English gets twisted. "Could not care less" is 100% correct! :thumbs:

Oh, BTW. It's "I could NOT care less." If you "could care less" it means that you still have more room for caring. :P

i remember back in junior high school, i wrote something up and i handed it in to the teacher and i wrote "i could not care less"--it wasn't a formal paper or essay, it was a story and that was someone's quote.....anyway--she handed it back to me and she had corrected it and changed that line to "could care less"...

so i mentioned it to someone and they told me that it's "i could care less"....i always knew i was right!!!!!!! haha..

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Isn't "I could care less" like "Tell me about it!"? You know, sarcastic.

Well, since the statement is erroneous I don't think it actually means anything. :)

There is a whole lot of rage on the internet over this, I've found. :lol:

It's ok..."I resemble that remark" gets me all riled up too.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Isn't "I could care less" like "Tell me about it!"? You know, sarcastic.

Well, since the statement is erroneous I don't think it actually means anything. :)

There is a whole lot of rage on the internet over this, I've found. :lol:

It's ok..."I resemble that remark" gets me all riled up too.

Cliche's in general get me riled up...especially when they're used in lyrics. There should be a special Grammy for songs with the most cliches in them. I'll bet country musicians would dominate in that category.

Edited by Mister Fancypants