Sanjiv Patel

Child Aging Out? CSPA may help

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm still a bit confused. So for example: My father petitioned in 2000 to become a permanent resident through his brother who is a U.S citizen. At that time I must have been like 5 years old. I'm now 19. Does this mean I still retain the eligibility?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I'm still a bit confused. So for example: My father petitioned in 2000 to become a permanent resident through his brother who is a U.S citizen. At that time I must have been like 5 years old. I'm now 19. Does this mean I still retain the eligibility?

Yes if you are single.

No if you are married.

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

gud day people. i really need ur help. both of us (twins) will be turning 21 this coming November 7, 2013. i just want to know if our age freez or not. Priority date is June 17, 2011. the approval date I-130 is February 27, 2012. :( our mother is a green card holder. help

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My Priority date is Dec 20, 2010. Current F2A priority date in visa bulletin is Dec 15, 2010. My case missed by just 5 days and immediately on April 1st 2013, a letter was received from NVC that my visa status has been changed from category F2A to F2B because out-aged due to unavailability of visa number. me born in august 1991.

When my mother (who is a legal permanent resident, not national yet) applied for my immigration under F2A in Dec 2010, I was 18 years old and that time the priority date current was of August 2010. My case was approved by USCIS by 4 May, 2011. Now, after waiting for almost 2.5 years, I am just being informed that me got out-aged which is extremely disastrous for me and my family to know. I was in touch with the NVC through out the period my petition was pending (i.e. for 2 years 4 months), and I was always told by the NVC in that duration that your file is fully complete with all the required documents and everything, so just wait for the month to be current and the visa number to be issued. But at this point of time, declared me out-aged for getting to age of only few months above 21 years and converted my category to which takes even more longer than the previous one.

All my family members live in the United States. Only I am left here, therefore it demands my mother to travel between USA and Pakistan very often because there is no one around to look after me or stay with me. There are many health and travelling issues to make such trips.

It takes many years in category F2B for the visa number to be available and I have no one else to take care of me back home. Can I get benefits of the Child Status Protection Act ? or guide me of any other way that may resolve my problem? What to do and where to do?

Reply soon.

Thanks in anticipaton,

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all.... Please I need some guidance . I married a Thai female in America in July 2007. We did not file for the daughter at that time. Wife has her 10 year green card now. She has a daughter in Thailand that was UNDER 18 when we married. She wanted to complete her university studies in Thailand and then come to America. So today she is 22 and will be finished next July(2114).

Question is will she be eligible to come at her 22 years of age? She is single. I am not sure if she will be supported by The Child Status Protection Act of 2002. Is her age "frozen", and can she come soon or wait for years??? Please help, So stressed over this...

Thanks a million.

Ken

Timeline

Hi all.... Please I need some guidance . I married a Thai female in America in July 2007. We did not file for the daughter at that time. Wife has her 10 year green card now. She has a daughter in Thailand that was UNDER 18 when we married. She wanted to complete her university studies in Thailand and then come to America. So today she is 22 and will be finished next July(2114).

Question is will she be eligible to come at her 22 years of age? She is single. I am not sure if she will be supported by The Child Status Protection Act of 2002. Is her age "frozen", and can she come soon or wait for years??? Please help, So stressed over this...

Thanks a million.

Ken

Her age does NOT freeze because mom nor you (as step-dad) did not file any petition for her back then.

She is eligible to come NOW to the US via F1 or F2B category.

If YOU file i-130 (as step-dad), she will be under the F1 category (Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens). Waiting time is 7 YEARS.

If MOM files i-130, she will be under the F2B category (Unmarried Sons and Daughters [21 years of age or older] of Permanent Residents). Waiting time is 8 YEARS.

She has to remain SINGLE/UNMARRIED all through out the F1 or F2B category. Marriage will void those petitions.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5953.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Her age does NOT freeze because mom nor you (as step-dad) did not file any petition for her back then.

She is eligible to come NOW to the US via F1 or F2B category.

If YOU file i-130 (as step-dad), she will be under the F1 category (Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens). Waiting time is 7 YEARS.

If MOM files i-130, she will be under the F2B category (Unmarried Sons and Daughters [21 years of age or older] of Permanent Residents). Waiting time is 8 YEARS.

She has to remain SINGLE/UNMARRIED all through out the F1 or F2B category. Marriage will void those petitions.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5953.html

Sad bad news but thank you. Too bad our immigration attorney never mentioned this to us.

Timeline

Hi i need your expertise regarding this matter. Here's the situation...

My bf's initial visa category is F2B, their PD is 29JAN03. He received the approval letter on July 01, 2009 but already in F1 category since his mom became a Citizen back then. We're trying to figure out if they are qualified to opt out and go back to F2B category since its moving faster than F1 and if ever they're qualified can they still opt out since current PD for F2B is already 01NOV02 and tehir PD is 29JAN03.

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) F2A Filler (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

05/03/2014 - sent I-130 to lockbox
05/08/2014 - received NOA1 via email
08/27/2014 - received NOA2 via email

NVC STAGE:

09/28/2014 - received case number from NVC
06/24/2015 - received NVC Welcome Letter
06/24/2015 - done with ds261 over the phone
06/24/2015 - sent AOS Fee payment thru mail
06/29/2015 - Confirmed thru phone AOS payment posted
06/30/2015 - Sent IV Fee thru mail
07/07/2015 - IV Fee Payment already posted in CEAC
07/07/2015 - done with DS260
07/10/2015 - sent AOS and Civil docs
07/13/2015 - received in NVC NW
07/28/2015 - Verified Case Complete by phone
09/30/2015 - Interview Schedule verified over the phone

xxxxxxxxxx - Visa status " READY"
11/09/2015 - Interview at USEM

xxxxxxxxxx - received VISA

xxxxxxxxxx - POE

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.