COPING UP WITH SPOUSAL DIFFERENCES?

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
DEAR EVERYONE, (L)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE HOW DO YOU DEAL/ADJUST WITH ONE'S DIFFERENCES??? :luv:

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS....

:luv: :luv: :luv:

I guess its case to case basis but for me and hubby I know 3 C's and 1 A.

1.) Compromise

2.) Cooperation

3.) Communication

4.) Acceptance - for me this is a must! I accept him for what and who he is , warts hair and all! :P

To others I may not sound it make sense but it works for us. :luv:

I wish you both a happy life together. Goodluck kababayan! (F)

gary's warts have hair? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
DEAR EVERYONE, (L)

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS....

1.) Compromise

2.) Cooperation

3.) Communication

4.) Acceptance - for me this is a must!( I ) accept him for what and who he is , warts, hair and all! :P

HI, MABUHAY FILIPINAS :luv:

THANKS FOR POSTING TO THIS TOPIC, " YEAH :yes: ACCEPTANCE IS REALLY SO IMPORTANT! !! :yes:

"IF SOMEONE WANTS A LIFE THAT IS LARGER THAN LIFE AND A RELATIONSHIP THAT IS FINER THAN EVEN IN THE WILDEST HOPES, PEEL BACK THE EXPECTATIONS AND START TO ACCEPT WHAT IS." (L)

DEAR EVERYONE, (L)

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS....

1.) Compromise

2.) Cooperation

3.) Communication

4.) Acceptance - for me this is a must! I accept him for what and who he is , warts hair and all! :P

No,but his bunyons do :devil:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

DEAR EVERYONE, (L)

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS....

1.) Compromise

2.) Cooperation

3.) Communication

:blush:

No no..I mean '' warts and all ''..I just add hair like beard, mustache, chest ,legs..there ..you make me tell all his body hair.. :D:P

I forgot to put comma in between.. :lol:

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Differences are great, when you complement each other. For example, I can get emotional sometimes - Justin is much calmer than me, and always knows exactly what to say to make me feel better. If he were exactly like me, it would only make things worse :yes:

He has a hard time waking up in the morning - I'm wide awake at the first ring of the alarm clock, and help him get up.

Things like that.

edit to add another example: he hates to shop, I love it...so I shop for the both of us! he likes the clothes I pick up for him, everyone says he's dressing better since I arrived :D.

Differences are great and fun :P enjoy them! :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Patience... a TON of patience. :rolleyes:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
DEAR EVERYONE, (L)

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS....

I pick my battles. Some things are not worth fighting over.

well, you caught me with that... i dont know what to say... :D

Timeline
Differences are great, when you complement each other. For example, I can get emotional sometimes - Justin is much calmer than me, and always knows exactly what to say to make me feel better. If he were exactly like me, it would only make things worse :yes:

He has a hard time waking up in the morning - I'm wide awake at the first ring of the alarm clock, and help him get up.

Things like that.

edit to add another example: he hates to shop, I love it...so I shop for the both of us! he likes the clothes I pick up for him, everyone says he's dressing better since I arrived :D.

Saludos,

Caro

Hi, thanks for sharing that... thats so very good advise for everyone out here.... differences is not always a bad thing...... (L) (L) (L)

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

i can relate with that... we filipino likes to eat pork, and my husband dont like that. i like to eat rice, but my husband eats potatoes, im not used to eat potatoes... i dont like when my husband talks to other girls especially when the girl is not a friend.. it is not normal!!!!! but for him its not a big deal, but its a big deal!!! i like when he goes home after work right away, and he thinks he needs some night fun some time with his co-workers! why not with wife???

for us filipino, its normal when change clothes everyday! we like changing clothes everyday, change towel at least 3 times a week! change underwear at least 2 times a day! shower at least 2 times a day here! we are so conscious about how we look and dressed, but my husband its ok if i don't have make up!!!!!!! but i like to be always PRESENTABLE and PRETTY!!! hehehe, most of those differences we talk in a kiddie way. but what i cant stand is LETTING HIS PUPPY to sit on the couch or JUMP in the bed!!!!!!!!!! i really hate it!! i said thats dirty and he is saying his pup is clean and i said its still animal that dont need to use OUR personal stuff. he will agree for abit for me not to get upset anymore but the next day that will happen again!!!! :devil:

:unsure:

Edited by devilette

he hates to shop, I love it...so I shop for the both of us! he likes the clothes I pick up for him, everyone says he's dressing better since I arrived :D.

Saludos,

Caro

G

LUZ.gif

Mags and I have our differences. We each do things that annoy the hell out of the other; me probably more than her. We got married when I was 38. I had only lived with another woman twice before, and not for very long either time. I am VERY set in my ways. That, of course, causes problems sometimes. However, she and I have never really had a "fight". We've had disagreements, but nothing that resulted in yelling, name-calling (except in fun), or such. Both of us tend to just shut up and sulk/stomp around/mope for a while. Then we're fine. Then we talk about it later when we're calmer. I know this works best for me, because if someone wants to try to discuss things while I'm still pissed/upset/whatever, I'll go for the jugular (not literally).

Mags and I are pretty good together. She keeps me from telling people what they really are, and therefore keeps me from getting banned from VJ permanently. lol She tries to work on her most annoying habits, and I try to work on mine. Whether they get "fixed" or not is secondary; as long as were each willing to try.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

he hates to shop, I love it...so I shop for the both of us! he likes the clothes I pick up for him, everyone says he's dressing better since I arrived :D.

Saludos,

Caro

Gary hate to shop for himself..he always tell me that as long as his clothes still cover his body he don't need to buy any even the clothes are faded and old . :angry: I had to do the shopping for the 3 of us. Every time he come over to visit me when I still in the Philippines he comes back home with 2 big suitcase full of new clothes. He don't like it but the wifey insist! :P

Now he looks gorgeous. :luv::D

sorry about the empty post..Bruha jump on the keyboard while I'm typing.. :blush:

LUZ.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Mags and I have our differences. We each do things that annoy the hell out of the other; me probably more than her. We got married when I was 38. I had only lived with another woman twice before, and not for very long either time. I am VERY set in my ways. That, of course, causes problems sometimes. However, she and I have never really had a "fight". We've had disagreements, but nothing that resulted in yelling, name-calling (except in fun), or such. Both of us tend to just shut up and sulk/stomp around/mope for a while. Then we're fine. Then we talk about it later when we're calmer. I know this works best for me, because if someone wants to try to discuss things while I'm still pissed/upset/whatever, I'll go for the jugular (not literally).

Mags and I are pretty good together. She keeps me from telling people what they really are, and therefore keeps me from getting banned from VJ permanently. lol She tries to work on her most annoying habits, and I try to work on mine. Whether they get "fixed" or not is secondary; as long as were each willing to try.

and she can always suspend you and make you sleep on the couch :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

and she can always suspend you and make you sleep on the couch :D

Nah. My office has a cabin bed in it....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.