w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Illegal immigrants may get rebates

269 posts in this topic

Legals who don't pay taxes will get rebates, as long as they contributed to payroll taxes. This should be true for illegals as well.

Denying them is a slap on all that is good and human.

Stop the hate!

:thumbs: I agree. If someone pays taxes then they are entitled to the refund regardless of their legal status. If somoene is illegal and IS paying their taxes then that shows responsibility on their part.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Legals who don't pay taxes will get rebates, as long as they contributed to payroll taxes. This should be true for illegals as well.

Stop the hate!

:thumbs: I agree. If someone pays taxes then they are entitled to the refund regardless of their legal status. If somoene is illegal and IS paying their taxes then that shows responsibility on their part.

Agreed.

But the hateful bigots will flame you for saying that. I hope you have your flame-retardant suit on, because here they come!

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Stop the hate!

Nevermind the responsibility of being here illegally! :wacko:

Stop the hate!

So what is your point? It is a different issue. Is it the IRS responsibility to figure out what to do with illegals? If they pay taxes, they are entitled to get the rebates.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Stop the hate!

1) We're all here illegally (Except for Nagi)

2) Isn't the big argument that the illegals are ripping of the system? If they are paying taxes, I don't see the problem with them being here.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Stop the hate!

Yes, we should have sympathy for Pedro, who makes minimum wage and tries to support Maria and his four children......how sad…

However, because he can't quite makes ends meet, guys like me end up educating his three children, paying for their medical services, and sometimes to prosecute them, jail them and then deport them only to have them return again.

I recently saw a statistic peculiar to my local town that indicated that for every resident homeowner paying property taxes there were 3 illegal alien children enrolled in school......

That's the crux of the problem with illegals....They're a social drag on the rest of us. Liberals in this forum wish to discount the practical reasons and realities as to why illegals are quickly becoming pariahs.

They’re costing this country, BIG TIME……They consume more services than they pay for.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Stop the hate!

So what is your point? It is a different issue. It is the IRS responsibility to figure out what to do with illegals? If they pay taxes, they are entitled to get the rebates.

You don't see the lunacy of you suggesting they are 'responsible' by paying taxes, all the while being here ILLEGALLY (how responsible of them!).

Stop the hate!

umm. except for the fact if they're paying taxes. they have stolen someones SS#

7yqZWFL.jpg

Stop the hate!

So what is your point? It is a different issue. It is the IRS responsibility to figure out what to do with illegals? If they pay taxes, they are entitled to get the rebates.

You don't see the lunacy of you suggesting they are 'responsible' by paying taxes, all the while being here ILLEGALLY (how responsible of them!).

How funny! You should ask the Govt to figure out first that Govt should not take any taxes from illegals. It is simple rule: if you pay taxes, you deserve the rebate check. Nowhere it says that the rebate checks are for US citizens, US permanent residents, and anyone in US with a valid visa.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Yes, we should have sympathy for Pedro, who makes minimum wage and tries to support Maria and his four children......how sad…

However, because he can't quite makes ends meet, guys like me end up educating his three children, paying for their medical services, and sometimes to prosecute them, jail them and then deport them only to have them return again.

I recently saw a statistic peculiar to my local town that indicated that for every resident homeowner paying property taxes there were 3 illegal alien children enrolled in school......

That's the crux of the problem with illegals....They're a social drag on the rest of us. Liberals in this forum wish to discount the practical reasons and realities as to why illegals are quickly becoming pariahs.

They’re costing this country, BIG TIME……They consume more services than they pay for.

And how is that the problem of the IRS who's only goal will be trying to implement a part of the "stimulus" package that will be passed by our wise elected officials in DC?

Building the fence to keep them out is another issue entirely. On a side note, if you really wanted the fence thing to work, maybe we should consider machine gun towers along the fence as well! But I'm not sure we could afford all the bullets it would take. Maybe it would be cheaper to just act in a more humane fashion.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I generally take a very hard line on the illegal immigration issue, but if this is truly a tax rebate then anyone who paid taxes should get the rebate and legal status should not be relevant.

Of course (assuming again a simple tax rebate) anyone working "off the books" or using a fake identity and/or stolen SSN isn't likely to get anything back. :lol:

IMO people who don't make enough to pay taxes shouldn't get a rebate anyway. They already get a lot of government services that the middle class pays for.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
IMO people who don't make enough to pay taxes shouldn't get a rebate anyway. They already get a lot of government services that the middle class pays for.

If the idea - as I understand it - is to kickstart the economy through shopping, then it would make sense to give it to the people who are most likely to spend it immediately.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones