rodney22

Question for everyone

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I applied for the I-129F for my wife. I-129F is faster than the I-130. As long as the I-130 was applied for, then the law states that we can and we did apply for the I-129f just because it was faster. I was just wondering what are the rules of proof of a relationship? I am sure they are different, what do you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did you read all the guides? They have a pretty good list of proof ideas.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.

Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - Two petitions are required:

Petition for Alien Relative, Form 1-130; and

Petition for Alien Fiance(e), Form I-129F

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1315.html#9b

If you only file the I-129F it is for a fiance and it is not good if you are already married.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Both married and fiancee couples do an I-129F but when the spouse goes to the embassy if married they get a K3 visa and if fiancee they get a K3 visa.

The married gets the K3 visa because AOS (the I-130 nad I-485) cannot be done out of the USA, so they can come to the US to finish the OS process.

=================================

I applied for the I-129F for my wife. I-129F is faster than the I-130. As long as the I-130 was applied for, then the law states that we can and we did apply for the I-129f just because it was faster. I was just wondering what are the rules of proof of a relationship? I am sure they are different, what do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Correction:

Both married and fiancee couples do an I-129F but when the spouse goes to the embassy if married they get a K3 visa and if fiancee they get a K1 visa.

The married gets the K3 visa because AOS (the I-130 and I-485) cannot be done out of the USA, so they have to come to the USA to finish the AOS process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What Is a K-3 Visa?

Spouses of U.S. citizens, and the spouse's children, can come to the United States on nonimmigrant visas (K-3 and K-4) and wait in the United States to complete the immigration process. Before a K-4 visa can be issued to a child, the parent must have a K-3 visa or be in K-3 status.

Filing - Two Petitions are Required

You must first file an immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, form I-130 for your spouse with the USCIS Office that serves the area where you live. The USCIS will send you a Notice of Action (Form I-797) receipt notice. This notice tells you that the USCIS has received the petition.

Once you get the NOA 1 you submit a copy of it with the I-129F for it to be a marriage K3 visa.

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

The OP seems to be aware of the need to apply for the I-130 prior to the I-129F for the the K-3 ;)

As long as the I-130 was applied for, then the law states that we can and we did apply for the I-129f just because it was faster.

rodney22

Proof of a bonafide marriage/relationship at the interview can include such things as emails, cards between you and your spouse.....emails, cards etc from family and friends that support/acknowledge your relationship....photos (including wedding photos)....phone bills........any boarding passes etc showing visits to each other....etc etc. Basically anything that will help support that you have a bonafide marriage/relationship.

I was just wondering what are the rules of proof of a relationship? I am sure they are different, what do you think?

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since the goal is to show proof of your marriage, you're best to include things that prove your life is co-mingled such as proof of joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, bills that come with both of your names, financial accounts such as IRA where one spouse is designated as the beneficiary, apartment rental contract showing both of your names or deed to your property in both names, marriage certificate, photos from your wedding, etc.

Both married and fiancee couples do an I-129F but when the spouse goes to the embassy if married they get a K3 visa and if fiancee they get a K3 visa.

The married gets the K3 visa because AOS (the I-130 nad I-485) cannot be done out of the USA, so they can come to the US to finish the OS process.

=================================

:thumbs:

Kinda confused here, new to this forum so please bare with me.

Can my US fiance file the I-129, in the US, while I am there on holiday, then we both come here to SA to get married. Once married he flies back to the US and files for the I-130 form. Then whenever the first one gets accepted, I follow that route, probably the I-129 way, as it looks a little faster, and then I fly back to the US and we file more paperwork, but we are together and start our lives together?

Does this make sense?

04/28/09 Mailed I-751

05/23/09 Package returned - wrong info on check

05/24/09 Resent Pakage with "NEW" check

05/28/09 Package Rcvd

06/02/09 Check cashed

05/29/09 NOA 1

06/04/09 NOA 1 rcvd in mail

06/19/09 Rcvd Biometrics App, dated 06/16/09

07/06/09 Biometrics Appointment in Latham, NY

07/07/09 Able to access my app online. Touch

09/16/09 Received APPROVED letter in the mail - no update online

APPROVED 09/11/09 EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/24/09 Email received with Approval information.

Come on Green Card!!

10/05/09 Green Card Arrives

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Kinda confused here, new to this forum so please bare with me.

Can my US fiance file the I-129, in the US, while I am there on holiday, then we both come here to SA to get married. Once married he flies back to the US and files for the I-130 form. Then whenever the first one gets accepted, I follow that route, probably the I-129 way, as it looks a little faster, and then I fly back to the US and we file more paperwork, but we are together and start our lives together?

Does this make sense?

You have it a little backwards. If you are willing to get married before you move to the U.S. then just do so in S.A. or the U.S. Then the I 130 is filed for. Shortly after that you will receive the NOA which then permits you to apply for the I 129F which will probably lead to a K3 visa quicker than waiting out the I 130.

Or you can not get married first and apply for the K 1 visa which is a fiance visa. to do this you apply with the I 129 also. You just don't have to do the i 130 first.

If you read the guides here on VJ they will flesh out this answer.

"Never pet a burning dog." Euclid

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

If your question is how to prove that you are married I only send them the copy of our marriage certificate, I am lucky because we were married in the USA. You only have to provide proved of on going relationship if you are petitioning as a fiancé.

12/26/05 I go to Cuba

send I-130 Petition

03/02/06 recived NOA1

04/03/06 send I-129 visa

04/13/06 NOA 1 for I-129F in mail

06/07/06 I-130 Approved

07/05/06 Ref in mail (129F)

07/06/06 send back (129F)

07/07/06 rcvd I-864 Processing fee bill &DS-3032

07/09/06 faxed DS-3032 to al

07/10/06 send I-864 fee

07/11/06 send DS- 3032 (next day delivery)

08/02/06 send bill $380. recived 08/08/06

08/09/06 send affidavit of support recived 08/10/06

08/16/06 send DS 230- arrived at visa center on 08/17/06 at 8AM

08/16/06 I129 approved

10/26/06 1-130 completed at NVC

02/12/07 Visa was issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.