Nita&Assaad

I-129F (K-3 Visa) Cancelled

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am so upset, I just got off the phone with USCIS used the RFE line and they advise me that because of the new guidelines as of July 30, 2008, K-3 visas are no longer being worked on, they are being cancelled. Just 1-130 and that is being held up because of additional security check =( I started to cry because I think it can take up to additional 6 months more for my husband to come…They advise me that it won’t take that long and they would call me, they even asked for my phone number.. But I just don’t believe it anymore. I am so depress and so angry with the system. It doesn’t make sense at all.. Can I ask if this has happen to anyone before? And if so how did you Proceeded??? How long did you wait for approval of I-130 ... I can't take this stress any longer

:crying::crying::crying:

HELP :help:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Dearest Nita,

I feel with you. I am finishing day 251 since my 130 reciept date,stuck in background check. Go to your Senators and congressman's pages and look for "constituent services". You should find a "privacy act statement" that you must print and sign. This will empower your reps to get your info from another agency.

Enclose a DETAILED letter with the KEY points of your case. After about 10 days you will get a letter from the rep, "I have contacted the appropriate official as to your case......"............ Then call the reps office and find out the NAME of your case worker and listen to them.

I em in this stage. They are all "pushing" as to what the hell is going on." But in the end, I know our love is so much stronger than this broken process. I for one pray that God grant you the strength to endue this terrible moment and come out stronger.

-jamie

5/18/07 130 Priority Date

1/29/08 130 NOA2

7/12/07 K3 Priority date

1/29/08 NOA2

2/20/08 NVC Recieved

2/22/08 Leave NVC

2/27/08 Embassy Recieves

3/7/08 Interview- APPROVED. Dora was interogated for 2 hours since she had a denial at POE last year. It was brutal, but she never had anything to hide.

3/10/08 Visa and plane ticket in hand

3/11/08 POE Miami (Why wait, huh?)

Timeline 130 filing to POE=306 days.

3/17/08 Mailed AOS via USPS Express Mail to Chicago lockbox

4/21/08 Recieved NOA1's for AOS, EAD, and Trav Doc's.

5/9/08 Biometrics appt scheduled for EAD and AOS.

jamie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Im really, really sorry Nita, our I129 also got cancelled,however no additional security check, so we are at nvc now.Stay strong and try Jamie options.

Good luck honey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My heart goes out to you Nita&Assad. I hadn't heard about this but it is just so frustrating to hear that you are being jerked around this way. My thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

I-130

7/02/07 - I-130 Sent

7/05/07 - NOA1 Rec'd Date

7/11/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

I-129F

7/16/07 - I-129F Sent

7/18/07 - I-129F Rec'd Date

7/20/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

1/17/08 - Sent to NVC

NVC

1/24/08 - Rec'd by NVC

1/25/08 - Sent to New Delhi Consulate

Delhi Consulate

1/29/08 - Rec'd by New Delhi Consulate

1/30/08 - Packet 3 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

2/14/08 - Submitted DS-230 & completed checklist to Delhi Consulate in person

2/25/08 - Packet 4 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

3/24/08 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow... :blink: They are cancelling K3's (I129)...!!!! Why are some being cancelled and others not? Does that mean those that applied for K3 are now in the CR-1 catagory? And does it also mean that the CR-1 is taking less time? I already got approval for both (K3) but applied for it only because the time was supposed to be 3-6 months faster to get SO here. That would make me really mad if I could have just applied for the CR-1 in the first place, saved the fees, and got my hubby here just as fast!.... :angry:

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Wow... :blink: They are cancelling K3's (I129)...!!!! Why are some being cancelled and others not? Does that mean those that applied for K3 are now in the CR-1 catagory? And does it also mean that the CR-1 is taking less time? I already got approval for both (K3) but applied for it only because the time was supposed to be 3-6 months faster to get SO here. That would make me really mad if I could have just applied for the CR-1 in the first place, saved the fees, and got my hubby here just as fast!.... :angry:

CR1/IR1 is still at least a couple of months slower than a K3 (can be much longer for certain embassy's e.g 6 months longer for interview scheduling in certain parts of Canada). I haven't seen any official statement from USCIS saying they will cancel I129F applications automatically and, if that is what they are going to do, why not just withdraw the K3 as an option all together :angry: The good news is, at this point K3s are still being approved, so it doesn't appear that it is happening across the board.

It is unfair to let a petitioner and beneficiary have a set journey time in their minds (which is already much longer than necessary), only for them to find out that they have to wait longer due to decisions made outside their control.

Unfortunately, USCIS have a very blinkered vision... They think because they approve both petitions at the same time, that the full journey takes the same amount of time too. So in their minds the K3 is useless (paraphrased, but this is what certain VJers have been told). They don't factor in additional wait at the NVC for CR1/IR1 paperwork processing or any additional time it takes to get a CR1/IR1 interview. They are only interested in their step.

One benefit this may have in the currently over-stretched system, is that you would be over and done with until (if applicable) you remove conditions. We have no idea how long adjustment of status will be drawn out with USCIS being in the mess they are in and I really am not looking forward to finding out :help:

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Timeline

CR1/IR1 is still at least a couple of months slower than a K3 (can be much longer for certain embassy's e.g 6 months longer for interview scheduling in certain parts of Canada). I haven't seen any official statement from USCIS saying they will cancel I129F applications automatically and, if that is what they are going to do, why not just withdraw the K3 as an option all together :angry: The good news is, at this point K3s are still being approved, so it doesn't appear that it is happening across the board.

It is unfair to let a petitioner and beneficiary have a set journey time in their minds (which is already much longer than necessary), only for them to find out that they have to wait longer due to decisions made outside their control.

Unfortunately, USCIS have a very blinkered vision... They think because they approve both petitions at the same time, that the full journey takes the same amount of time too. So in their minds the K3 is useless (paraphrased, but this is what certain VJers have been told). They don't factor in additional wait at the NVC for CR1/IR1 paperwork processing or any additional time it takes to get a CR1/IR1 interview. They are only interested in their step.

One benefit this may have in the currently over-stretched system, is that you would be over and done with until (if applicable) you remove conditions. We have no idea how long adjustment of status will be drawn out with USCIS being in the mess they are in and I really am not looking forward to finding out :help:

You are so right! People are under the impression that the total time can be less...but in reality, USCIS time my be faster but the rest of the process (NVC and embassy) can be longer. And they don't publicize or give a clear view of the total process, which gives people a distorted reality of the entire timeline! Its really pitiful!!!! This is people lives they messing with!

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
I am so upset, I just got off the phone with USCIS used the RFE line and they advise me that because of the new guidelines as of July 30, 2008, K-3 visas are no longer being worked on, they are being cancelled. Just 1-130 and that is being held up because of additional security check =( I started to cry because I think it can take up to additional 6 months more for my husband to come…They advise me that it won’t take that long and they would call me, they even asked for my phone number.. But I just don’t believe it anymore. I am so depress and so angry with the system. It doesn’t make sense at all.. Can I ask if this has happen to anyone before? And if so how did you Proceeded??? How long did you wait for approval of I-130 ... I can't take this stress any longer

:crying::crying::crying:

HELP :help:

Hi! i am sorry! what do you mean however by july 30 2008. We're in january 2008. Was it a typo? Did u mean july 2007?

post-38263-1201264535_thumb.jpg

I 130 / I 129F

Aug. 23-07 mailed I-130

Aug. 24-07 received date

Oct. 01-07 I-130 NOA1

Oct. 09 -07 mailed I-129F

Oct. 11-07 I-129F NOA1

Apr. 23-08 Status online - RFE

May. 12-08 Further evidence sent

May. 21-08 Case resumed processing

May. 23-08 APPROVED!!! (both i-130 and i-129F)

May. 29-08 Petition arrived at NVC - case number assigned

Jun. 06 -08 Petition received by US Embassy in Bucharest, RO

Jun. 18 -08 Interview at the US Embassy in Bucharest - Approved!

Jun. 24 -08 Arrived in U.S.A (POE Los Angeles, CA)

AOS

Aug. 25 -08 AOS Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Aug. 28 -08 NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765

Sep. 25 -08 Biometrics Appt

Nov. 12 -08 EAD and AP received

Nov. 16 -08 Applied for SSN

Nov. 29 -08 Received SSN in mail

Feb. 6-09 AOS Interview - approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just spoke to CSC and the nice lady there told me that she has no knowledge of K-3s being cancelled. I suggest you call again and talk to somebody else. Most time you have to talk to 3 or 4 different people before you get one that knows what they are talking about.

sad but true

Timeline
I just spoke to CSC and the nice lady there told me that she has no knowledge of K-3s being cancelled. I suggest you call again and talk to somebody else. Most time you have to talk to 3 or 4 different people before you get one that knows what they are talking about.

sad but true

Don't stress too much. I was told mine was canceled in November, I started the CR1 process, made my final payment last week and yesterday they ended up approving the I129F!!!! Until they actually look at your case and make the decision to terminate it, don't believe it! They are liars and/or they have NO IDEA what they are doing. Hang in there! I would advise you to pursue the CR1 process just in case they really do cancel it. What they say and what they do are not usually compatible.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yes, you might have to wait a little longer but I think going with the CR1 visa is a better option anyways because at the end of the process you will receive the green card... :thumbs: and you don't have to deal with the USCIS again for 2 years....

with the K3 visa you would still have to go through the K3 process which costs over 1000 dollars :o

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

We called twice. Second time we learned that folder where I-129F was now is empty.Officer told us to check with NVC if they have it probably to get rid of us. So we wrote to the ombuds. his answer was: ask the uscis customer service. We are so tried of uscis, we gave up.In February I'll apply for turist visa, almost no chances to get one but oh well.

BTW I see somewhere on this forum link to the teleconference (you need to sign on)on January 31(3-4 p.m) with omb. about :How K3 work for you. I'm thinking to participate even though my less than ok English.

Timeline
We called twice. Second time we learned that folder where I-129F was now is empty.Officer told us to check with NVC if they have it probably to get rid of us. So we wrote to the ombuds. his answer was: ask the uscis customer service. We are so tried of uscis, we gave up.In February I'll apply for turist visa, almost no chances to get one but oh well.

BTW I see somewhere on this forum link to the teleconference (you need to sign on)on January 31(3-4 p.m) with omb. about :How K3 work for you. I'm thinking to participate even though my less than ok English.

Then they need to post a public notice that they are no longer processing K3 visas. Otherwise what they are doing is fraud. They are stating that they offer a service, take your money, refuse a refund and refuse to give you what you paid for. It's a scam.

In a way, it would make sense in the long-run to temporarily remove the K3 option because there is less paperwork for USCIS to get a person fully process from the beginning to the end. It is a way for them to reduce their workload and it will save the petitioner/sponsor money. Whether it will take more time I don't know because as I said, it would reduce the amount of paper that needs to be reviewed. And that might allow CR1s to be processed a bit faster.

That said, unless they are making a decision across the board, I'd have to think that individual agents are making these decisions on their own for whatever reason. Or, they're full of it at customer service... which is a shame.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline

Then they need to post a public notice that they are no longer processing K3 visas. Otherwise what they are doing is fraud. They are stating that they offer a service, take your money, refuse a refund and refuse to give you what you paid for. It's a scam.

Well, technicly there is no fee for K3 since July 30,also as Nita reports they no longer process I-129 petition received AFTER that date but due to VJ timeline this is not true. Right? Maybe they gamble whose to chose to cancel a petition.

Kat congrats on your approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.