stevenw60

New Theory on CSC Transfers

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

I could be completely wrong here, but i'm was just mulling why we and others get transferred to CSC and some don't. Has anyone looked at people who file using their married name versus those who file with their maiden name? Perhaps USCIS sees changing your name as reasonable proof that you have a legit marriage?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I could be completely wrong here, but i'm was just mulling why we and others get transferred to CSC and some don't. Has anyone looked at people who file using their married name versus those who file with their maiden name? Perhaps USCIS sees changing your name as reasonable proof that you have a legit marriage?

Changing your name doesn't make the make more valid vs. invalid, and every couple of weeks someone comes by with a new theory on why people are transferred - they're transferred because of office backlogs.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

I haven't changed my name yet, so we filed w/ my maiden name. I'm the USC sponsoring my K-1 husband, and we were transferred to CSC....so I don't think that matters.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

:no: I do not believe that is a factor. my wife used my name as married name. we had an interview. Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I wonder if couples that got their I-129F approved at CSC, and later file for AOS and get transfered to CSC, maybe that office has more information available/ easier access to info on that case, and can help speed things up a bit. Which would make sense if they are trying to catch up with the backlog created by the fee increase. :reading:

maybe?

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

that would be saying that only women get transferred to CSC.

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

Maybe just various factors related to one's case. For example, my husband and I were together 8 years before we married and I (the USC) lived in the UK for 6 years with him. So perhaps they look at measures such as that to determine the likelihood the marriage is not honest.

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I kept my maiden name and my file was transferred to California and I was approved without an interview. When I called and spoke with an Immigration official (was transferred to one by the Help line) I was advised that the transfer was for the processing only to help reduce the backlog at the local office.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yeah, but surely they would only advance cases they felt confident would pass in an interview. Especially with the Patriot Act, etc - I would imagine they would rather have us all wait then take a chance.

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

My husband certainly didn't change his name...

I-129F

10/23/2006 - I-129F approved (97 days from CSC)

AOS

03/03/2007 - Married!

03/14/2007 - I-485 + I-765 sent

03/21/2007 - NOA1, Checks cashed

06/01/2007 - EAD card production e-mail received (74 days)

07/27/2007 - EAD RECEIVED (57 days after approval)

11/29/2007 - Infopass appointment - file was sent to a storage facility before it was finished processing.

05/28/2008 - Received AOS Interview notice

07/10/2008 - AOS Interview-APPROVED pending fingerprints

09/22/2008 - GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Removing Conditions

06/04/2010 - Sent I-751

06/07/2010 - NOA1

06/09/2010 - Check cashed

07/22/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

09/08/2010 - Card production e-mail

We got transfered--- no name change, didn't file I-129f through CSC. I don't think there is some magic variable to getting the transfer.

K1 TIMELINE

2/24 Sent I 129f to VSC

3/2 Check cashed

3/6 NOA2

3/27 Packet 3 arrives

6/19 Interview- APPROVED K1 visa

8/3 Fede arrives in JFK, gets work authorization stamp

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE

9/24 NVC recieves AOS/AP/EAD package

9/28 Check cashed

10/03 NOA1 for EAD, AP

10/07 NOA1 for AOS

10/07 Biometrics letter

10/22 Biometrics appointment

10/23 Receive ADVANCED PAROLE

10/25 EAD card production ordered

11/02 EAD card mailed

11/05 EAD card recieved

11/16 Case transfered to CSC

12/10 RFE for I-693

1/14 Contact local Representative for help

2/6 Mail RFE letter stating we didn't send in medical per instructions of AOS for K1 because medical was done less than a year ago (We didn't think we would ever hear from our Congressman at this point)

2/13 Response (finally!) from Rep's office saying USCIS does not have the medical report

2/13 Decide to re-do medical :( another $300 spent in the name of sweet love

3/14 Letter of intent to deny with clear explanation of why.... medical didn't have TB skin test!

3/21/08 Green Card printed

4/1 Receive Green Card!

I-751TIMELINE

1/05/2010- Working on 751 packet

2/24/10 "Your item was delivered at 11:10 AM on February 24, 2010 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479."

3/5/10 Received NOA dated 2/25/10. Check not cashed yet.

3/17/10 I wrote the date on the check as 2009!!! I had to resend entire package with a new check. :(

3/21/2010- 2 year green card expires

4/23/10 Biometrics Appointment

7/12/10 ROC APPROVED!! Card production ordered for a Lawful Permanent Resident card. (We were not interviewed.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
:no: I do not believe that is a factor. my wife used my name as married name. we had an interview.

Dude...#######. Yeah this may be off topic but so is your signature with a photo of a dead, roasted pig.

Edited by elguevon

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Changing your name doesn't make the make more valid vs. invalid, and every couple of weeks someone comes by with a new theory on why people are transferred - they're transferred because of office backlogs.

could be....but then again....that's YOUR theory. :)

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Other Timeline

could be....but then again....that's YOUR theory. :)

No it isn't a damn theory. Here's the link to prove it.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/CS...s_121305_ST.pdf

Your marriage isn't any more 'magical' than somebody else's if your case isn't transferred. It isn't because you have been together longer or shorter. It isn't because you make lots of money. It isn't because you sent 'proof' of your deep abiding commitment to each other in the package. It isn't because you are white; because you aren't from the middle east; because you aren't from a high fraud post; we've seen people from all these categories transferred and approved without interview.

It's because of office backlogs. End of story. That is all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.