LuvMyDane

Our K1 Visa was Approved today!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Finally!!! and they made us wait and suffer longer than we should've. I am a little bitter about the whole ordeal because it was difficult watching others that had applied the same time as us get approved months ahead before us. I was even discouraged to see someone apply to the same country as us, a month later than us. and at the same servicing center as us, get approved before us. I hope you all have the strength and love to endure this. It makes me cry that I have been without my loved one for so long. So many things have happened in the past 9 months that we each had to do alone. Without each other. We can never regain that time lost and yes I am bitter about the whole system.

So this whole journey was a bittersweet one. The Visa is approved and he will be here shortly. I am very happy knowing that.

I wish all of you swiftness in your case and I hope your's doesn't end up as paperwork clutter on someone's desk like ours did.

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Timeline
Finally!!! and they made us wait and suffer longer than we should've. I am a little bitter about the whole ordeal because it was difficult watching others that had applied the same time as us get approved months ahead before us. I was even discouraged to see someone apply to the same country as us, a month later than us. and at the same servicing center as us, get approved before us. I hope you all have the strength and love to endure this. It makes me cry that I have been without my loved one for so long. So many things have happened in the past 9 months that we each had to do alone. Without each other. We can never regain that time lost and yes I am bitter about the whole system.

So this whole journey was a bittersweet one. The Visa is approved and he will be here shortly. I am very happy knowing that.

I wish all of you swiftness in your case and I hope your's doesn't end up as paperwork clutter on someone's desk like ours did.

Congratulations!!!!!

I can imagine your bitterness towards how the system works, we have all felt that, some more then others. I know from our standpoint it was very hard to enjoy our happiness fully, knowing that

there were others still waiting before us.

We lift our glasses up in a toast to your happiness together!

C.

Our Visa Journey

July 27, 2007: Sent I129f to Texas Service Center

July 28, 2007: TSC received, and forwarded application to VSC

August 21, 2007: NOA1 Issued (an entire months delay)

November 14, 2007: Touched (after calling VSC for correction of spelling of last name on application)

November 15, 2007: Touched

December 31, 2007: APPROVED!!! 157 days!

January 1, 2008: Touched

January 2, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: NVC Received from USCIS

January 8, 2008: NVC sent to Embassy in Copenhagen

January 10, 2008 Embassy receives packet from NVC

January 19, 2008 Received packet in Tx for Peter

January 21, 2008 Overnighted packet to Peter

January 29, 2008 Medical

February 21, 2008 Interview

February 29, 2008 Email received that Visa is being mailed today!

March 8, 2008 Peter arrives in Houston

March 29, 2008 Our Wedding Day!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! Looks like your petition was approved in reasonable time. And it seems it took longer than it should've at NVC and then maybe even the embassy. either way, its almost over now. And soon you'll be together. Good luck to you both!!

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Congratulations! :dance:

Are the dates in your siggie correct? Your timeline dates aren't updated, so I can only go by your signature, by which it seems the delay occured at the Embassy stage of things, which doesn't have much to do w/ the service center. Your petiton was approved in 86 days, which is less than many people. (4 days quicker than our approval, and we filed around the same time as you.) What was the reason for the delay at the embassy stage? Why did it take 6 months for you to interview for the visa?

Anyways, wishing you a joyous upcoming reunion, and much happiness! :luv:

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

I understand the bitterness towards the process and how long everything seems to take. To me, it was like labor and delivery. I remember it hurt,but I will never want to duplicate that pain again.

Congrats

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I can only imagine the frustration you must have gone through over the past months. But I'm sure your future together will make up for all this long wait!!

You've made it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulation's! May you live long with your loved one.Dont dwell on the time lost reveal in your future together. :thumbs:

Debarato

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!

I can imagine your bitterness towards how the system works, we have all felt that, some more then others. I know from our standpoint it was very hard to enjoy our happiness fully, knowing that

there were others still waiting before us.

We lift our glasses up in a toast to your happiness together!

C.

Thank you so much and I hope the Danish Embassy is more speedy with your process than it was with ours!! Cheers!!!

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.