noor3

Do the majority of cases get denied for NOA2?

12 posts in this topic

Do the majority of cases get denied for NOA2? thanks.

? I'm not understanding your question.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Not the majority... some get RFEs but they are in the minority. Some get refused too I guess but that is also in the minority :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unless you do not meet the requirement of meeting within the last 2 years I don't see it being denied.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

oK sorry about that...what am trying to ask if many cases get denied at the NOA2 level...am trying to determine the chances of my case being denied because we are still waiting for NOA2...THANKS SO MUCH....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
oK sorry about that...what am trying to ask if many cases get denied at the NOA2 level...am trying to determine the chances of my case being denied because we are still waiting for NOA2...THANKS SO MUCH....

If I were to venture a guess, I gotta believe the success rate (for I-129F approval including those who receive RFE's) has got to be somewhere north of 98%. Far more refusals, it appears, occur at the consulate level....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

"Still waiting" in no way increases or decreases your chance4s of NOA2, in fact one doesn't have much to do w/ the other. No response, i.e. still waiting, only means that nobody at USCIS has looked at your petition yet, to adjudicate it. That's it!

These petitions are for the most part approved (except if you haven't met one another w/in 2 years of filing petition).....one just has to be patient and wait it out.

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Still waiting?? You've only waited since September. Be patient. There are still filers from May June and July who are still waiting. Your time will come. Good luck.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You're still within a reasonable timeframe for NOA2. I wouldn't worry about getting denied. I think that only petitions that fail to prove bona fide relationships between the petitioner and the beneficiary are getting denied.

You will be ok :thumbs: . This process is all about patience.

All the best of luck to you!!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, what fwaguy says. The only way you're really going to be outright denied by USCIS is if the beneficiary is on some kind of criminal/terrorist watch list, or if they've been to the US and overstayed their visa. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but the gist of it is that if you're just a normal US citizen and the beneficiary is just a normal non-US citizen, you meet the requirements of the K-1 visa, and you have no special circumstances that would affect immigration, then you are going to be approved. Don't worry. CSC are being VERY slow right now, and they're still working on the last of the July filers. Could be at least a few more weeks for us September filers. Hang in there!

Yeah, what fwaguy says. The only way you're really going to be outright denied by USCIS is if the beneficiary is on some kind of criminal/terrorist watch list, or if they've been to the US and overstayed their visa. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but the gist of it is that if you're just a normal US citizen and the beneficiary is just a normal non-US citizen, you meet the requirements of the K-1 visa, and you have no special circumstances that would affect immigration, then you are going to be approved. Don't worry. CSC are being VERY slow right now, and they're still working on the last of the July filers. Could be at least a few more weeks for us September filers. Hang in there!

At the USCIS level, I'm not sure that there would be a denial based on an overstayed visa....that would come at the interview stage, after the DOS does its thing and runs their checks.

OP, give it a little more time. Your NOA2 should be coming soon. (F)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.