18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

Help me please! I am new here. I am scared in posting here and a bit depressed right now I don't know what to do since I decided to go back to my country and I am not going to marry my American fiance. I need your advice, opinions and suggestions. Our relationship did not work . I came here on a K1 visa and I know I need to leave soon before my 90 days expires this February. Do I need to tell the USCIS immigration or Philippine consulate that I will not marry my American fiance? Does anyone know if there will be future problem in getting another K1 or K3 for me as beneficiary with another man?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you, but I'm also a firm believer in it being better to discover that you want out before you get married rather than afterwards.

It seems a bit soon to be thinking about whether or not this might effect you in the future should you be in a similar situation - there's nothing to say that you would ever meet another American that you would want to marry, especially since you have already had a negative experience.

I don't believe you need to inform anyone about your decision to return home, but it would be on record with USCIS and you would likely be best being up front about it in the event that you meet and believe yourself to be in love with another American citizen in the future.

Good luck with your future and try to stay positive.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You don't have to do anything other than exit the USA, and turn in the I-94 card upon exit.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

forgive me for asking this question, why you dont want to marry your fiancee is he abusive?

Why do you think that is relevant??? Its none of our business why! it does not change anything she is not yet married.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just leave.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just leave.

:thumbs:

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everybody,

Help me please! I am new here. I am scared in posting here and a bit depressed right now I don't know what to do since I decided to go back to my country and I am not going to marry my American fiance. I need your advice, opinions and suggestions. Our relationship did not work . I came here on a K1 visa and I know I need to leave soon before my 90 days expires this February. Do I need to tell the USCIS immigration or Philippine consulate that I will not marry my American fiance? Does anyone know if there will be future problem in getting another K1 or K3 for me as beneficiary with another man?

if you really think that your relationship wont work at all .. just buy ticket and go back to Philippine ... some Vj'ers mention that you need to turn in the I-94. so that simple... but asking about having problem about future problem in UsCIS the next time you apply for any K -visa or any visa to come here ... they will Question you about that,.. then just tell the truth..".the relationship dont work"

March 2005- Interview in USA EMBASSY in Philippine

April2005 - Waiting for my Police clearance from JApan

May 2005- submit the Police clearance in US EMbassy

June2005 - Waiting for my approval result

June 28 2005- Visa on hand!

July 13 2005- Arrive in USA

June -July 2007- have a notice from USCIS that may interview will be soon..

Aug 2007-- Re-schedule My interview..

sept 2007-- waiting for the new schedule for interview!

Oct.2007-- my son turn 1 year old...

Nov 2007-- I got the schedule for my interview.. so excited

Dec 17 2007- FINALLY the interview ...

Dec 21 2007.card production ordered

Dec 26 2007-Notice E-mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

Jan.2 2008- Approval notice been sent.

Jan 20 2008- Recieve the (10years) GREEN CARD on the mail! FINALLY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Only thing you need to do is Go back to your country.

:blush:

Hi Everybody,

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
Only thing you need to do is Go back to your country.

:blush:

Hi Everybody,

GO HOME if you are not going to marry the USC. If in future you meet someone start the process again. If the US sees you left because it did not work, it will not be hard to get it again, but if you overstay, then you not be able to enter the US again.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

im not sure but u might have to check out with immigration in the airport. when my husband was on k-3 visa he had too. dont know if it is so with k-1 but might be worth it in the end.

Timeline

The Airline takes your I-94 when you check in to depart.

Once they forgot and I had to remind them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Hi Everybody,

It should be easy for you. Do this:

Leave the country before your 90 day visa expires. Go home.

Then write the National Visa Center a email. Write your case # and visa # at the top of email. Say you decided not to marry your American fiance. Write the date you left USA.

Attach scanned photocopy of

* passport biographic page (the one that has photo and name of you)

* Visa page

* Exit stamp from immigration officer showing you left USA on which date

I believe this is a better way to do this. It shows you did not break law and stay in a marriage for a visa. The USCIS can not deny you a visa later because you left your USA before your visa expired.

Timeline

Thats the purpose of the I-94 being taken at the airport.

But does no harm.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the bottom of the I-797 (NOA-2) it says:

If the petitioner and the fiance(e) do not marry within these 90 days, status will expire, and he or she will be in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act if he or she does not depart. An extension cannot be granted. It is requested that the petitioner inform his or her local USCIS office if he or she determines that the marriage will not take place within the 90 day period. Please attach a copy of this notice to any correspondence about this case.

You really want to make sure you are gone before the 90 days are up so that you can come back one day.

Too bad it didn't work out but like somebody already said, it is better to find out now then later when you have kids. Good luck and don't be afraid to come here to VJ for help.

Edited by Frank+Jocelyn

04/01/2007: Met online

08/24/2007: First trip to the Philippines. 09/11/2007: Left Philippines...sad day

09/13/2007: Gathering info for I-129F

09/22/2007: Mailed I-129F. 09/26/2007: Delivery confirmation of I-129F

09/27/2007: NOA1 Notice Date

10/01/2007: I-129F Check Cashed

10/02/2007: Touched

10/04/2007: NOA1 received in the mail

10/23/2007: Second visit to Philippines

01/11/2008: NOA2 Approved!

01/14/2008: Touched

01/15/2008: Petition arrived NVC. 01/17/2008: Petition left NVC

01/18/2008: Date on NVC letter

01/18/2008: NOA2 Received in Mail

01/22/2008: Petition arrived in Manila @ 10:53 a.m., Signed for by Grace

01/22/2008: NVC letter arrived in the mail

01/24/2008: Found medical and interview dates on embassy web site

02/04/2008: Packet 4 received

03/04/2008: Medical Exam @ 6:30 AM

03/08/2008: Third trip to Philippines

03/13/2008: Interview @ 6:30 AM...APPROVED!!!

03/13/2008: CFO Seminar in Manila

03/17/2008: Visa released to Delbros

03/18/2008: Visa delivered to our hotel in Manila by Delbros @ 8:30 AM

03/19/2008: We fly home! POE Guam

04/10/2008: Applied for Social Security card

04/14/2008: Applied for marriage license

04/15/2008: Received Marriage license

04/17/2008: Received Social Security card

04/21/2008: Married!

05/01/2008: Applied for name change on Social Security card

05/15/2008: Pregnant!

05/25/2008: Mailed AOS

01/08/2009: AOS Approved!

01/16/2009: Green card arrived

01/20/2009: Our baby is born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.