Captain Ewok

Adding new Moderators

161 posts in this topic

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean the online hours in a day, I meant that I don't feel that William is a good choice merely because he cut and ran a few mos back. There are more loyal people on VJ that you could have chosen from, imo.

I want to point out that by that, I DO NOT mean me. You know how I feel about mods in general.

Lisa,

With all the events going on in my life at the time, I needed a break. With that said, I have always tried to be helpful to the immigration process, the primary intent here.

It would be unfair to suggest that I cannot contribute as a mod going forward.

Filed: Timeline
I didn't mean the online hours in a day, I meant that I don't feel that William is a good choice merely because he cut and ran a few mos back. There are more loyal people on VJ that you could have chosen from, imo.

I want to point out that by that, I DO NOT mean me. You know how I feel about mods in general.

Lisa,

With all the events going on in my life at the time, I needed a break. With that said, I have always tried to be helpful to the immigration process, the primary intent here.

William, I'm sorry that I cannot be happy at your new position. I'm sure you're a good person, but that's the way I feel atm. There are ppl here that are just as diverse, offer continual support, and are more dependable in terms of you know they're not going to leave in a huff.

But this is E's site, and he's confident in you, so I'm happy to leave it at that.

Filed: Timeline

Lisa,

Crikey. A two-month absence is considered "cutting and running"? Some people do have lives....outside the Internet :blush:

Lisa,

William, I'm sorry that I cannot be happy at your new position. I'm sure you're a good person, but that's the way I feel atm. There are ppl here that are just as diverse, offer continual support, and are more dependable in terms of you know they're not going to leave in a huff.

But this is E's site, and he's confident in you, so I'm happy to leave it at that.

You know how I feel about mods in general

If you don't hold the Mod position in high regard, why the fuss?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Lisa,

You are certainly correct that there are many members that I know would do an excellent job moderating :). As times goes on I will certainly be adding some of them to the mod team. As I said in the near future I will probably add one more person (we even have a short list made up of some very good people).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
William is a good person and will be a good addition. He brings a good perspective on things to diversify the team :). Looking from this side it is important that the Moderation Team be both diverse, fair, and provide enough coverage (time wise) to be effective. Every moderator brings unique things that apply to certain elements of this list.

I have known William to be objective and fair. :thumbs: and very helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:cry: and percentage wise i was leading both platy and arjit in the polls.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Congratulations!! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
So all one has to do is volunteer?

Lord help us.

We asked first and they agreed to volunteer :P.

How you gonna be sure he's not going to disappear like he did before?

Oh right, he's a mod now upon return.

There is no requirement for any time spent here. I think that it is desirable to build the Mod team to a size that will allow for enough coverage of the forums "net" time wise and will include a group of well rounded individuals. Clearly members that are never online and a part of the Organizer Team, Mod Team, etc will be downgraded simply by prudence.

Good news Ewok, and congrats to Williams33 :thumbs:

Captain, since you mentioned thinking about adding another mod, I'd like to suggest that it be someone who lives in the pacific time area. I think the time difference would help with better time coverage :)

Congrats again!

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Hey William - congrats and enjoy your new 'cat-herding' responsibilities!

How's that baby percolating?

Two weeks to go now!!

We are ready, with all the necessary items...we think.. :unsure:

Confidence is high anyway.

Thanks for asking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh boy, more storm troopers. :hehe:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008