Empress of Groovy

Dear Joyce

675 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What do you suggest I do to increase my sex appeal?

don't spit........... :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

What do you suggest I do to increase my sex appeal?

don't spit........... :innocent:

:o!!!!!!

:lol:

Charles!!!!!!!! LOL

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Thank you so much for your help Joyce! You are so beautiful!

Amen to that.

She must be related to Sarah Jessica Parker. I definitely see a resemblance.

061605_tr_parker84.jpg

Dear Mr. Fancypants:

We're not related (goodness, I wish we were! such talent!), sadly. However, I think that this photo is a bit more flattering!

10813-0024.jpg

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Dear Joyce

Thank you so much for offering this service for free. You are helping so many people who otherwise would be distraught for answers I am sure. And the cool whip thing, you are a godsend :)

Now on to my question...My husband of 2 years just recently had a conversation with me in which he expressed that he would like our marriage to be "open", and I am pretty sure he wasn't talking about communication. Honestly though Joyce, I have no idea what that could mean and I was just to embarrassed to ask him. Could you explain what it means to have an "open marriage" if it isn't communication?

Thanks so much!

Dear Yardiewife:

Thanks for writing! And goodness, the irony! Your marriage isn't open enough for you to ask him what an open relationship is! Now that's something else, boy howdy!

Rest assured, I can help. These are modern times, and open relationships are more common--or, dare I say it, at least more open. What is an open relationship? Well, it means that you and your husband can buy each other's clothes.

I know it sounds unconventional, but it can really add spice to a relationship! Your husband comes home with a beautiful pleated polyester skirt that you never would have considered, and the following week, you present him with a great pair of dancing loafers! Such things really enhance a relationship, take it from me.

Now, sit your husband down and tell him you're ready for an open marriage!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Dear Yardiewife:

Thanks for writing! And goodness, the irony! Your marriage isn't open enough for you to ask him what an open relationship is! Now that's something else, boy howdy!

Rest assured, I can help. These are modern times, and open relationships are more common--or, dare I say it, at least more open. What is an open relationship? Well, it means that you and your husband can buy each other's clothes.

I know it sounds unconventional, but it can really add spice to a relationship! Your husband comes home with a beautiful pleated polyester skirt that you never would have considered, and the following week, you present him with a great pair of dancing loafers! Such things really enhance a relationship, take it from me.

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

:thumbs:

Boy howdy!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dear Yardiewife:

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

Wow Joyce I never could have guessed. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. The look on his face when I told him I would love to have open marriage with him was priceless. He seemed so thrilled and immediately started calling some of his friends to invite them over. Such a social guy he is...no wonder I love him so much! He did have a look of bewilderment when I presented him with his new fashionable platformm shoes, but I am just chalking that up to him getting used to this whole open marriage thing.

Thanks again for your wonderful advice. I got your mailing address from your label and will be sending over cool whip as my thanks. Enjoy :star:

Dear Joyce....Dear Deirdre could kick your a$$. :thumbs:

Edited by thanksforthefish

Dear Joyce....Dear Deirdre could kick your ###. :thumbs:

:o Be nice to Joyce!!!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Dear Joyce,

I have attached a photo of myself. As you can see I have curly hair like yours. What do you suggest I do to increase my sex appeal?

Untitled3.jpg

Dear Amber:

Thanks for writing! And goodness, you're a lovely girl! Such potential! My suggestions:

(1) You do have a head start with the curls. However, if you ultimately want the Joyce Look that's sweeping the nation, you'll have to consider a triple perm, available at most reputable salons. This is an all day affair, but you can pass the time by listening to my album on an 8-track player, or perhaps reading about the art of interior decorating using shag carpeting. To preserve the much-sought-after helmet look, take a trip to your hardware store, then stop by the beauty supply store. I admit to being a bit selfish and don't want to divulge my secret, but you'll have fun making your own helmet preservative. You'll want to focus on adhesives and glues.

(2) I believe that a pair of large glasses will enhance your sex appeal. The ratio I use is to go for lenses that are no smaller than 1/3 of the diameter of your face. Tinted lenses a plus. You want to add the element of mystery!

(3) Read up on synthetic fabrics. Few things are more comely than a paisley rayon top that hugs your curves! But be careful! It melts at high temperatures! (Don't worry, that was a joke!)

Good luck, Amber! You can do it!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dear Joyce,

I have attached a photo of myself. As you can see I have curly hair like yours. What do you suggest I do to increase my sex appeal?

Untitled3.jpg

:thumbs: You got plenty, sister. Nice! :yes:

Dear Joyce....Dear Deirdre could kick your ###. :thumbs:

:o Be nice to Joyce!!!!!

:blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Dear Joyce,

I noticed that you recommended tinted lenses, however I'm not sure tinting is practical in all settings. Do you think transitional lenses would be a good substitute?

Also, on an unrelated note, do you think spanking amongst spouses is ever appropriate?

Just Curious

Dear Joyce,

I noticed that you recommended tinted lenses, however I'm not sure tinting is practical in all settings. Do you think transitional lenses would be a good substitute?

Also, on an unrelated note, do you think spanking amongst spouses is ever appropriate?

Just Curious

Dear Just Curious:

Thanks for writing! To be honest with you, I've never found tinted lenses to be impractical. I often wear them in the shower, truth be told. But I realize that not everyone is Joyce Drake, try as they might!

Now, back to business. I've lost sleep over the years regarding whether I should take the plunge and try out transitions lenses, just to let people know that I'm not a fuddy-duddy who's incapable of changing with the times. I like new technologies as much as the next person (Ms Pac Man anyone?). But sometimes you just have to stick with the oldies but goodies.

Regarding spanking, I assume that you're referring to the more common definition, "to move quickly, dashingly, or spiritedly." Now, I think that most married couples would appreciate that, no matter what the activity! (Ifyaknowwhatimean, risque Joyce, I know!) Mowing the lawn dashingly, maybe? Taking out the trash quickly? By all means, spank away, Just Curious! And tell your spouse that Joyce said it's OK!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dear Joyce,

What can I do for this day not to drag and be 1400 soon?

Thanks

Mrs. #######

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline