Imua

What kind of folder for applications?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I seem to have read a post a couple of weeks ago with a message from USCIS telling applicants not to use folders with 2-hole Acco fasteners - is this right? :unsure: I guess it's just as well since I was not able to find them on my last foray to Office Depot. What are current applicants using instead? I am thinking of using one of those folders with a clamp at the top which does not actually require punching a hole in the paper - any other ideas?

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I seem to have read a post a couple of weeks ago with a message from USCIS telling applicants not to use folders with 2-hole Acco fasteners - is this right? :unsure: I guess it's just as well since I was not able to find them on my last foray to Office Depot. What are current applicants using instead? I am thinking of using one of those folders with a clamp at the top which does not actually require punching a hole in the paper - any other ideas?

A folder is not required. Big paperclips or paper clamps work quite well.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No folders needed my friend.

I mailed mine with a big paperclip and that worked like a charm.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

That is a crop of #######, the ACCO is the standard operating equipment for the USCIS and when my petition was rejected, they didn't send back the beautiful way it put it together, they sent it back using ACCO fasteners. Better recheck your sources :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

hmmm My folder must have passed inspection and it was all according to ACCO!!! Shishhhh I hope nuttin changed... I just sent my I-129F off this week!!!! I can't imagine something so organized and file friendly would be rejected.... I agree with jasman0717!!! Other wise I am gonna be one POed perfectionist :devil: AND mabey a new Argentine citizen... :PI just can't see how a worker is allowed in the US faster than a married couple..... hmmmmm Mabey we should band together and start a new lobby group!!! Mabey suggest to John Walsh that the workers comming to the US are comming just to make money.... naaaaa He would take it wrong... :lol:

pushbrk shishhhhh back off a little!!!

www.ftknox.info

For the record, this is where I read not to use ACCO fasteners, will go and check the USCIS site because it seems that is where Married my love(the VJer who posted) got their info - it was in Ewok's K-3 General guides and info thread.

"Might be something to post here, that I just noticed on the instructions from USCIS website for assembly for things going to the Lockbox (I129f goes there) they state:

Please refrain from using “ACCO” style fasteners and/or staples (However, it is ok to staple the fee to the top of the primary application package.)"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=301&st=0

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
For the record, this is where I read not to use ACCO fasteners, will go and check the USCIS site because it seems that is where Married my love(the VJer who posted) got their info - it was in Ewok's K-3 General guides and info thread.

"Might be something to post here, that I just noticed on the instructions from USCIS website for assembly for things going to the Lockbox (I129f goes there) they state:

Please refrain from using “ACCO” style fasteners and/or staples (However, it is ok to staple the fee to the top of the primary application package.)"

I dont know where this mis-information came from...The USCIS site sez the folowing....

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid blah, blah.........blah

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Thanks - you're right, I don't know where they got their info from - it seems like everyone has used ACCO fasteners with no problem, but USCIS seems to have been changing rules at the drop of a hat lately so I figured I should just check to see what the rules are now and what people are doing. If I can find ACCO fasteners without going to Outer Siberia then I will use them, otherwise I will use a binder clip since that seems to be OK too.

I dont know where this mis-information came from...The USCIS site sez the folowing....

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid blah, blah.........blah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They just take the papers out of the folder and throw the folder away.

No folder necessary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey I have a house in Siberia, Indiana and I found ACCO clips easy.

Careful.

Thanks - you're right, I don't know where they got their info from - it seems like everyone has used ACCO fasteners with no problem, but USCIS seems to have been changing rules at the drop of a hat lately so I figured I should just check to see what the rules are now and what people are doing. If I can find ACCO fasteners without going to Outer Siberia then I will use them, otherwise I will use a binder clip since that seems to be OK too.

Hey I have a house in Siberia, Indiana and I found ACCO clips easy.

Careful.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever you use, just make sure that they can take it apart easy. I used binder clips for my petitions made by ACCO. By "ACCO Fasteners" I take it we are discussing the ACCO Prong Fasteners. They are not needed. USCIS has enough office supplies, they can fasten your petition to their folder using their own prong fastener instead of the one you conveniently supply. Two hole punch the top to make using the prong fastener easier (I did that to make it less likely that they will lose of damage a doc while punching it). Just use an Acco or office depot paper clip, binder clip, etc. Just something that allows relevant documents to stay attached. I am not a perfectionist, I put everything together that was needed, didn't go to Indiana to get any office supplies, and got approved. Don't sweat the fastener.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.