Hilarious Clinton

Muslim hero breaks up train beating

116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
They forbid eating pork because they consider it unclean, however, in a life or death situation, anyone capable of thinking for themselves would rationalize the situation and choose the lessor 'evil'.

It's lesser evil, Steven. Lesser. A lessor is someone who lends money or grants a lease of property to a lessee.

I'm not bickering.

...just because someone is disagreeing with you, doesn't mean you have to be rude!! take a step back and think of where you're posting....its visajourney.com ...a lot of people on here don't speak English as their first language...it was completely unnecessary to point that out...clearly, you understood what he was trying to say.

um, you're new here ain't you? steven, aka the fancypants, is a usc. and mawilson is a brit.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Brother MA...i disagree with you views on the matter as i do not believe being religious is and all or none ...but is is a matter of follow a set of guidelines ....and i know of no person who follows all the stated rules of a religion dogma....in today's world...

If you're not going to follow all the rules, then why even bother?

Religion isn't about following a set of rules....except in the minds of fundamentalists.

"No pork, no alcohol" seems like a rule to me.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
They forbid eating pork because they consider it unclean, however, in a life or death situation, anyone capable of thinking for themselves would rationalize the situation and choose the lessor 'evil'.

It's lesser evil, Steven. Lesser. A lessor is someone who lends money or grants a lease of property to a lessee.

I'm not bickering.

...just because someone is disagreeing with you, doesn't mean you have to be rude!! take a step back and think of where you're posting....its visajourney.com ...a lot of people on here don't speak English as their first language...it was completely unnecessary to point that out...clearly, you understood what he was trying to say.

um, you're new here ain't you? steven, aka the fancypants, is a usc. and mawilson is a brit.

thanks. but that's still rude, nonetheless...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Brother MA...i disagree with you views on the matter as i do not believe being religious is and all or none ...but is is a matter of follow a set of guidelines ....and i know of no person who follows all the stated rules of a religion dogma....in today's world...

If you're not going to follow all the rules, then why even bother?

Religion isn't about following a set of rules....except in the minds of fundamentalists.

"No pork, no alcohol" seems like a rule to me.

Being religious goes beyond strictly following rules. Jesus, for example, consistently admonished the Pharisees for getting caught up in following rules as a measurement of righteousness.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not bickering.

thanks. but that's still rude, nonetheless...

Welcome to VJ! (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
whoa, brother MA....i doubt if the Muslim or the Jews ..would eat a bacon sandwich.....it is a religious doctrine...and a point taken

Religious doctrine implies mindlessness. A Muslim or a Jew wouldn't stop to think about

not eating a bacon sandwich. There are certain things religious people just don't do --

they have no "choice" in the matter.

Hmmm... I have a "choice." I've eaten pork. All sorts of pork, actually. Pork chops, bacon, ham, etc. I really like it. I don't combine dairy and meat together, but that's not due to religious practice -- I think the two taste disgusting when mixed.

Perhaps I wouldn't be considered "religious" by your standards (I am a Reform Jew), but I do celebrate the Jewish holy days. I don't think of myself as "devout" but I'm not completely devoid of religion either. I suppose you could say I'm somewhere in the middle. ;)

whoa, brother MA....i doubt if the Muslim or the Jews ..would eat a bacon sandwich.....it is a religious doctrine...and a point taken

Religious doctrine implies mindlessness. A Muslim or a Jew wouldn't stop to think about

not eating a bacon sandwich. There are certain things religious people just don't do --

they have no "choice" in the matter.

This is very true. Kosher food laws were originally created because certain practices (such as eating pork) was considered a health concern. The Jews back then had no idea about such parasitic diseases like trichinosis (which can be found in undercooked pork), but they did figure out that people got sick and could even die after eating pork. However, like Steven said, if someone's life were at stake, Kosher laws could be bent or broken; although I sincerely doubt a person's existence would depend on whether or not someone else ate a particular food product.

A better example might be Jewish holidays. On Yom Kippur ("The Day of Atonement"), all Jews are supposed to fast and abstain from certain activities, such as work, play, spending money, washing/bathing, and marital or sexual relations. Even though these are the rules set down for Yom Kippur, they can be broken if the situation warrants it. If a Jew is a diabetic, for instance, he or she may need to eat or drink something and cannot fast. Not even the most religious Jew would force doctrine on another Jew in that situation, since it had the potential to cost the other their life.

Timeline

Then Jesus said to them: "You think you are smart! You ignore the commands of God so that you can follow your own teachings! Moses said, 'You must honor (respect) your father and mother.' Then Moses also said, 'Any person that says bad things to his father or mother must be killed.' But you teach that a person can say to his father or mother, 'I have something I could use to help you. But I will not use it to help you. I will give it to God.' You are telling that person that he does not have to do anything for his father or mother. So you are teaching that it is not important to do what God said. You think that it is more important to follow those rules you teach people. And you do many things like that." (ERV) Mark 7:9-13

Key Thought

Jesus cites an example of the law teachers' and Pharisees' hypocrisy in these verses. In this case, the hypocrisy was finding a legalistic rationale to withhold support from parents, thus disobeying one of the Ten Commandments. The brazenness of such rationalization of one of the ten bedrock truths of their existence just proves how deeply the practice of this kind of hypocrisy can become. Legalistic hypocrisy abounds in all sorts of religious groups and religious experience. Let's obey, not rationalize. Let's respond graciously to God's grace and not seek to work our way out of our responsibilities to each other and to him.

http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/mark/0427-wjd.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Gosh all this pork talk and I haven't had lunch!

Feeling like some nice Indonesian roast pork... yummmmm

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
Being religious goes beyond strictly following rules. Jesus, for example, consistently admonished the Pharisees for getting caught up in following rules as a measurement of righteousness.

Be that as it may, you can trust that if almaty goes to Saudi Arabia and starts telling people

that it's ok for Muslims to drink wine, he's gonna get a good 90 lashes with a cat-o'-nine-tails

to the loud cheers of the crowd.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'm not bickering.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

:thumbs:

Lisa, do you ever take opposition to mawilson? Seriously, I've never seen you jump on his case for any of the many outrageous posts he makes. For someone who likes to be outraged, you peculiarly quiet when it comes to some people's otherwise outrageous posts.

What do my feelings towards Mark's overall posts have to do with you or this thread? And insulting me at the same time...priceless!

You need someone to stand up to bad ole marky warky for you? *sniff*

No, you just show your pack mentality. It's interesting ...your selective outrage.

Lemme break it down for you, Stevo...I'm in real estate (as you know, I'm sure).....when I saw you write 'lessor', I thought exactly what Mark did. So when I saw him write it, it was funny.

Now, if I agree with him or I agree with anyone else, it's hardly a 'pack mentality'. I stand on my own regardless if people agree with me or not.

Or it could just be that I tolerate him way more than I tolerate you ;)

Either way, it's hardly a 'pack mentality'....sounds more like YOUR persecution complex!

Timeline

Be that as it may, you can trust that if almaty goes to Saudi Arabia and starts telling people

that it's ok for Muslims to drink wine, he's gonna get a good 90 lashes with a cat-o'-nine-tails

Yes, because Wahhabism is very much in line with the way the Pharisees viewed righteousness and religious law.

lol..i never go to saudi arabia..as i consider their religion heretic....it is based on Wahhabism....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

lol..i never go to saudi arabia..as i consider their religion heretic....it is based on Wahhabism....

I had wahhabi and soy sauce last night with my sushi.

I had wahhabi and soy sauce last night with my sushi.

lol..you are lucky ..you did not get a jihad on you for that meal

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835