Hilarious Clinton

Muslim hero breaks up train beating

116 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Its doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are, or indeed what your cultural background is - they don't dictate a person's behaviour.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Really? That argument is problematic because it puts a question mark over whether a person is responsible for their own behaviour.

They are responsible for their own behaviour, but only within the boundaries dictated by their religion

and culture.

If that were true, a person might wonder why the guy described in the article chose to step in and help those people.

Because his religion didn't prohibit him from doing so. If he had to eat a bacon sandwich to help the guy

in question, he wouldn't have.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Its doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are, or indeed what your cultural background is - they don't dictate a person's behaviour.

Really? That argument is problematic because it puts a question mark over whether a person is responsible for their own behaviour.

They are responsible for their own behaviour, but only within the boundaries dictated by their religion

and culture.

If that were true, a person might wonder why the guy described in the article chose to step in and help those people.

Because his religion didn't prohibit him from doing so. If he had to eat a bacon sandwich to help the guy

Well to be fair - you don't really know that much about this guy to make that judgement. Perhaps he's not 'devout'.

In any case I think dictate is the wrong word - as it implies mindlessness. "Influence" - sure... Within influence there is still choice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I must agree with Number 6. This is a puff piece that essentially says, "Wow! Those Muslims aren't all murderous zealots after all! Look at this guy! Assisting a Jew, no less!" That this is considered news implies that it is unusual and thus worthy of attention. This may be a story in, say, Gaza City (OK, there probably aren't too many people spreading Hanukkah wishes there, but...), but in New York? Come on. People come to each other's aid all the time in big cities. Incidents on subways and elsewhere are broken up frequently. Usually they don't get much attention.

As No. 6 suggests, turning a good deed into a supposed news story that focuses on the religious backgrounds of the individuals perpetuates the notion that some differences seem insurmountable, but isn't it just precious when people look underneath the yarmulke or hijab to see the person? This story is condescending to Muslims and suggests that Hassan should be commended for not doing the "expected" thing: pushing through the crowd to get a better view or even joining in, of course.

There are more effective and less cartoonish ways of noting tolerance and good relationships among people from different religions and cultures, if that's what one wishes to discuss.

it's funny, because the article says that this happened on a crowded car...why didn't anyone else, except for Hassan come to this guy's aid???

there's a video on nypost.com ....you'll hear more about the reeal story there...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

whoa, brother MA....i doubt if the Muslim or the Jews ..would eat a bacon sandwich.....it is a religious doctrine...and a point taken

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
whoa, brother MA....i doubt if the Muslim or the Jews ..would eat a bacon sandwich.....it is a religious doctrine...and a point taken

Religious doctrine implies mindlessness. A Muslim or a Jew wouldn't stop to think about

not eating a bacon sandwich. There are certain things religious people just don't do --

they have no "choice" in the matter.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

it's funny, because the article says that this happened on a crowded car...why didn't anyone else, except for Hassan come to this guy's aid???

there's a video on nypost.com ....you'll hear more about the reeal story there...

Perhaps that's the more interesting aspect of the story.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Maybe these crusading Christians can be put in the same subway car as the alleged gringohaters from Boston that allegedly chased down a fireman in a car (themselves on foot). What a show that would be!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

and culture.

tio a certain extreme you are correct..but both sanita and i drink at times...also, sometimes wine

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Timeline

Religious doctrine implies mindlessness. A Muslim or a Jew wouldn't stop to think about

not eating a bacon sandwich. There are certain things religious people just don't do --

Devoutly religious people - sure. Still there are plenty of people with moderate religious views - I mean just because I don't go to church on sundays, it doesn't automatically follow that I am an atheist.

Timeline

Devoutly religious people - sure. Still there are plenty of people with moderate religious views - I mean just because I don't go to church on sundays, it doesn't automatically follow that I am an atheist.

Well yes, of course, I was referring to the devoutly religious. Jews who eat pork

and Muslims who drink wine are not "religious" people in my book.

Timeline

Well yes, of course, I was referring to the devoutly religious. Jews who eat pork

Sure. But you can still be "religious" without buying into religiosity.

#######??? brother MA..if a person ..Catholic..believes in birth control..then theya re not religious...same for a Jew who eats shellfish..or a Muslim that drinks wine...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Timeline

#######??? brother MA..if a person ..Catholic..believes in birth control..then theya re not religious...same for a Jew who eats shellfish..or a Muslim that drinks wine...

That's what I said.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I prefer just being civilized when on the train instead of preaching superiority and hatred over others' beliefs. I don't know, maybe that's just being crazy in this world.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

That's what I said.

brother MA....you need to go over to the "bickering thread'

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg