13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I'm confused about the Visa fee. I thought that I read somewhere that you didn't have to pay an additional visa fee after the payment of $535. I was able to schedule our interview without paying an additional fee of $265 for the Visa. Will we be required to pay the fee later or did the $535 cover this fee as well? Please help, I'm confused & frustrated. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The $535 fee was for the petition

There are additional fees going forward for

• medical exam (varies by embassy/consulate)
  • visa ($265, how you pay this varies by embassy/consulate)
  • Adjustment of status after you marry (a little over $1000, don't remember how much; I just filed my petition in May)

(this assumes you're just sponsoring your fiance(e) and have no K-2 children)

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

$535- that's for USCIS to process your application. 

$265- that's for the State Department to issue your visa. 

Fun isn't it?

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

If you want the visa, you're going to have to pay the additional $265.

Remember, the fees will continue. You need $1225 for AOS when you enter/get married and $680 for ROC (but that's after two years of green card)

Edited by GreatDane

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Some allow you to pay online and print a conformation sheet showing you paid. In my case I print out a bank deposit slip and make a deposit to a local bank, you then get a stamped receipt showing it was paid that you must bring to the interview. Not sure how far off your interview is, but as far as I know just about every embassy requires proof of payment before you can attend the interview. One of the first things they look for. I would check the portal specific to your embassy to see how people went about paying their fee. I know at the Bangkok embassy you can't schedule your interview without proof of payment. When I did a tourist visa last year I was able to pay online, then you had to wait for 24 hours for it to update in the system as paid, then you could schedule your interview, but every embassy is different. You would think they would come up with one payment system for all US embassy's, but by now you see how this process works and have just gotten a little taste, the US government is not known for it's efficiency at anything, but they always seem to get their money... LOL.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

That first money was for processing your application. You still need to pay for the visa.

K1 visa process is VERY expensive.

Edited by Amadia
IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, ceejack said:

I'm confused about the Visa fee. I thought that I read somewhere that you didn't have to pay an additional visa fee after the payment of $535. I was able to schedule our interview without paying an additional fee of $265 for the Visa. Will we be required to pay the fee later or did the $535 cover this fee as well? Please help, I'm confused & frustrated. Thanks

The $535 fee only covers the I-129F petition. 

How were you able to schedule the interview without paying the $265 fee?

The U.S. Consulate General Naples specifies in Packet 3 that you will need to print the Interview confirmation page, and that page also includes the payment receipt. The payment has to be made prior to the interview. 

Also, you will need to pay a €220 fee for the medical examination at Istituto Diagnostico Varelli on the day before your interview. 

There may be additional fees if you're missing some vaccinations.

Have a look here: https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/

Edited by ababsurd

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline

@ceejack

12 minutes ago, ababsurd said:

The $535 fee only covers the I-129F petition. 

How were you able to schedule the interview without paying the $265 fee?

The U.S. Consulate General Naples specifies in Packet 3 that you will need to print the Interview confirmation page, and that page also includes the payment receipt. The payment has to be made prior to the interview. 

Also, you will need to pay a €220 fee for the medical examination at Istituto Diagnostico Varelli on the day before your interview. 

There may be additional fees if you're missing some vaccinations.

Have a look here: https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/

Have a look at this capture from Packet3

Capture.PNG

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have no idea how I was able to schedule the interview without it. I was thinking, I'd be promoted to pay after selecting a date but, I wasn't. I emailed the consulate to ask how do we pay the fee because I didn't see anything in Packet 3.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ceejack said:

I have no idea how I was able to schedule the interview without it. I was thinking, I'd be promoted to pay after selecting a date but, I wasn't. I emailed the consulate to ask how do we pay the fee because I didn't see anything in Packet 3.

It sounds odd, but it was a good idea to write an email to the Consulate, they will definitely troubleshoot for you. 

Good luck!

Edited by ababsurd

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.